• 428 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5462 Players Online
  • 5034 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Mineplex Stats

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Noteblock, Apr 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello!

My suggestion is to change the /stats menu so that all of the removed games are separated from the actual games that are still here. For example:
    Add a "Removed Games" block in the menu; by clicking on it, it will take you to the stats of every single removed game.

It took a little while for new players like me to figure out that Castle Assault had been taken out. Originally, it confused me a bit when I would see it in /stats but couldn't find it. This will slightly organize it for newcomers.

Posted Apr 8, 2019
    CCozy and lohra like this.
  2. Hmm.. I do agree it is confusing for removed games, so I partially agree. Only partially because it only takes a few times to find the stats you want to quickly by the icon representing the game. This seems like a thing that could be added in an update if it didn't take a lot of time and coding; If it could, I would support.

Welcome to Forums by the way, and to Mineplex since you said you're new

Posted Apr 8, 2019
  3. Heyoo!
    Honestly I agree with you. I know that a ton of the old removed games are still found in the /stats menu, and I feel like this is mainly for nostalgia for players who enjoyed and played the games while they were on the network. However, I also understand how this could be confusing for new players who don't know that those games have been removed. Therefore, I completely agree with your suggestion. I think that adding a removed games icon - much like the mixed arcade icon - would keep the nostalgia while removing the confusion. Overall, I'd love to see this added, great suggestion!

Posted Apr 8, 2019
  4. I do agree with that. It's confusing, that removed games are bewteen the normal ones. A own menu for removed games would make the stats look more clean.

Also adding to this: there was already a thread about a new GUI system, which also include your idea. You can find it by clicking here

Posted Apr 8, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  5. I've seen this suggested before, and I liked the idea. But with further thinking, I realized that Mineplex may be keeping those games there because they may be added back. It was even stated in the release notes from the Queue and Lobby update of 2019 that they may add some games like Castle Siege back. I like this idea, but these games may be added back in the future, making this a seemingly pointless change. -1

Posted Apr 8, 2019
  6. Many of the games will need severe work to make a comeback, and even then we can just rebalance the GUI and move them from the Removed section back to the normal section. It also really helps for people going for as many achievements as possible to see which achievements they won't be able to get since the games are no longer available for play.

Posted Apr 8, 2019
    skarm likes this.
  7. I agree that the current GUI for /stats is currently outdated, and there’s actually a pretty interesting thread by @Evgeen regarding a complete revamp of it which includes a section just for discontinued games like you mentioned.
    I wouldn’t see it as pointless. There are still about a dozen other games that have been discontinued and having them all crammed up in a non-organized manner can be confusing to newcomers and not to mention, an eye sore. If there were to be a section for discontinued/removed games and one so happens to come back (though it’d be unlikely), they can just work it around to take it from the discontinued portion of the GUI and fit it in with the current games section. I don’t think it’d be that difficult to do;however, I’m not a developer myself so I wouldn’t know.

Posted Apr 9, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 9, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  8. Heyo!

I really like this idea! I played a few games of Castle Siege back when it was around, but other than that I honestly don't have many stats from these games. For other players, though, I can certainly see it being of use to have a separate area to track stats that don't really go up anymore. I could also see how this would help newcomers to not be confused when they see the game, so they don't ask where they can find the game. Also, I think this will help to clear up the large number of games there, reducing overall clutter.

Really nice QoL idea! +1

Posted Apr 9, 2019
  9. Honestly, I really like this idea and I wouldn't mind seeing it implemented. This would make the stats page a bit less confusing, with all the removed games mixed with the current games. Plus, it would give players an idea of what games are still up on Mineplex and which ones were removed. I think that this is a really nice quality of life change that I would imagine wouldn't take too long to implement.

Overall, big +1 on this idea! Keep the ideas coming :)

Posted Apr 9, 2019
  10. The GUI in /stats needs to revamp because it has been outdated for so long. I agree that they should need to add a "Removed Game" block, so it will be organized and easy to find in the GUI. Again, this is something that needs to prioritize in the server after the major updates were released to the public. I have already replied to the similar thread here that was created by @Evgeen, and you can see my previous post too.

Overall, it sounds like an excellent idea to me, and I totally agree with this idea too! +1

Posted Apr 9, 2019
    Evgeen likes this.
  11. Yo!

We are currently looking into our options for removed games stats and your idea is one of the options we discussed! We have not come to a final consensus yet so we are still viewing our options. A stats update will probably not happen for some time since we have other projects to complete, but be on the lookout for any updates!

If you have any other questions, comments, or concerns regarding your idea feel free to PM me!

Thread Locked - Idea Processed

Posted Aug 18, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.