• 341 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2920 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Statistics: Player Count

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Snowing_, Jan 3, 2020.

1. cool!

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  2. One noticeable pattern is that on Mondays the player count decreases by a lot and when it's the weekend the player count shoots right back up.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    Crazyy_Tim likes this.
  3. Just a suggestion for this thread, since the biggest server goes down quite a bit, I don't think you should count it as the highest player count since it's not a normal situation. For example, the other server went down just now and mineplex has 3500+ players only because of that.

Posted Jan 17, 2020,
    Last edited Jan 18, 2020
    SummerIsFun2 likes this.
  4. great work! I love seeing statistics that enable data analysis, and it's also just really cool to look at.
    however, I would recommend automating this process due to
    1. efficiency
    2. accuracy

why spend hours (or even seconds) looking at and refreshing the player count when you can get a computer to do it for you without you having to even open your computer?
    -unapproved link- is right there for you to use, and it should be relatively easy to learn how to setup python/jupyter notebook, especially if you have previous experience in programming.

for example, I was able to make this in about 15-30 minutes (I had jupyter/python already installed). All I would have to do to obtain the info in the doc is add the playercounts to a list, find the maximum/minimum for each day as well as changes (maybe more, such as an average?), automatically reset, and profit.

[​IMG]

at the very least, I would recommend going to minecraft-mp.com for maximum player counts for more accuracy and to make it easier for you.

if you would like me to code something (where it could feed right into a google sheet), I'd love to do so, but it might take a little bit because of finals and such.

have a good day!

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  5. Howdy!

I find this information very interesting and I think this information could be very useful to Mineplex. It could help them schedule events, do Clans resets, and see how their server is doing for the changes they make to Mineplex. Thank you for compiling this information and I hope to see more from you soon!

Posted Jan 18, 2020
  6. Hey! That would be awesome if you could make me something that would be easier to track it, since right now I just use the website you mentioned. I don't know how accurate that is, so if coding something would make it better that would be great. Thank you sir [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 20, 2020
  7. I have updated the monthly statistics for January! Sorry for not filling out some of the lows, I could have forgotten to do so, but the maximum player count is usually more important anyway! I will make sure that there is more data for February [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 6, 2020