• 385 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4362 Players Online
  • 3977 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex staff being biased?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by primitlve, Dec 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Mineplex CW community! This post isn't exactly very much related to Cakewars but since this is the biggest community on MP I decided to post this here. Recently I've noticed that Immortal Ranked players get unbanned way more often in GWEN appeals than any other rank. Some people might also say that level also comes into consideration but if someone has been closeting for weeks/months on end of course they would get a high level. And then when the MP anti cheat finally bans them (very rare) and they appeal for a GWEN ban then they get unbanned. Infact I haven't seen many/any immortals getting banned on Mineplex. I've done my fair share of appeals and I've spent hours on them (I also include the code in all my appeals) but never get unbanned and have to wait. My friend (a immortal) (lets call him joe) got banned recently. Joe got banned (I don't know the exact reason but he admitted to using some sort of hack) and got his appeal accepted in the first try. I questioned him a few hours ago and he told me he didn't include the code in his appeal. I also asked him how long he spent on his appeal and he said a an hour or so. (I know appeals are suppose to be private so I didn't ask anything else) Another one of my friends has told me once that he wanted to test Mineplex bans and see if they're biased towards some ranks. He bought a fresh account and put immortal for one month on it and used blatant bhop and killaura, and got his appeal accepted without including the code. He then tried to do it with another account without a rank and used the exact same hacks (with same settings or something he told me). His appeal didn't get accepted. This doesn't give exact proof that the staff are biased towards some ranks, but if anyone wants to give their experience or argue why they think/don't think this is true please don't feel shy to give your opinion! Thank you for reading :)

Posted Dec 13, 2020
  2. I think the only reason they may be biased is because players with the immortal rank are trusted because they spent money on the server so logically they care about the server enough to buy a rank. But other than that I think that as long as you have proof against you hacking you should get unbanned without issue.

Posted Dec 13, 2020
  3. On Mineplex Hero cost $10 so are you saying if I bought another rank for 6.99 per month i'll become trusted? (Not trying to be toxic sorry!)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 13, 2020
  4. FAX

Posted Dec 13, 2020
  5. I mean just don’t cheat and like immortal don’t get gwened hardly ever just record just blatant cheat and when they get banned and make an appeal that gets accepted just resend the evidence and get them banned again.

Posted Dec 13, 2020
    dummynqte, qtyy and Rjqy like this.
  6. no im just saying in general if you pay on a server for like a subscription you are more trusted, granted this shouldn't affect their decision to unban players

Posted Dec 13, 2020
  7. It's never about favorites. Staff are completely unbiased, it is their job to be. I can tell you first hand I've been punished for a lot of things. I have been eternal for years, a loyal customer, and player for a long time. There are certain criteria to meet for an appeal, you could have almost everything right, but lacking in a certain department. Just because we have ranks doesn't mean we get special treatment.

Posted Dec 13, 2020,
    Last edited Dec 13, 2020
  8. The Mineplex staff does their best to be fair in punishment. They use a number of factors to determine whether a players appeal should get accepted, however they don't unban players just for being immortal.

Posted Dec 13, 2020
    affinity0 and Zyta like this.
  9. Of course, there's no incentive in keeping an Immortal banned. They'll move on to other servers and won't buy next month's subscription. Gotta keep the money rolling!

Posted Dec 13, 2020
    felt and primitlve like this.
  10. There no.1 Have rank 2. Have high level no.3 if both yea unban if 1 yes maybe if both nope then they might really consider.

Posted Dec 13, 2020
    primitlve and Rjqy like this.
  11. Ranks are, as far as I am aware, totally irrelevant to appealing punishments.

Posted Dec 13, 2020
    primitlve and Fusafez like this.
  12. ranks have nothing to do with it the reason that they get unbanned is because there's no proof for a QA to review when everyone you run into these closeters i suggest taking videos and reporting them on forms also you might want to use a texture pack with line block separates so its easier to trace how far they are reaching but by no means to immortals get special treatment I know some mineplex staff and being bias to ranked players is Against the rules in all forms for example if I were to hack on mineplex using hacks that could be hard to notice and one of my friends on the staff team such as ljwx and they saw me hacking they would ban me instantly *noting that I wasn't closetings as only QA can ban closeters* and if i appealed it would be denied this wouldnt change if i was any rank

Posted Dec 13, 2020
    PrettyChillDylan likes this.
  13. Those Forum Managers and Assistants who look at appeals are very specifically trained to look for a number of factors when deciding to accept or deny an appeal. The full list of criteria is private for obvious reasons, but I can guarantee level, playtime, or rank are not included in this criteria whatsoever. I can point out that there is a huge correlation in what you're saying, Immoral ranked players are going to be less likely to hack since they're paying for a monthly rank. Sure there are cases where Immoral players are hacking or wanting to "test our system" (??). But if you're paying monthly for a rank, you're going to be less likely to hack otherwise you're throwing your money out the window for as long as the ban time is. In addition to this, if you have the Immortal rank, you're going to be playing on the server a lot otherwise you wouldn't be paying for the rank. So not only are these players less likely to hack, they're going to be on for a greater amount of time than other players which overall increases their chances of unfortunately being false banned. False GWEN punishments are removed quickly if the player appeals, so this would explain the phenomenon you're seeing, not bias.

I acknowledge that you think you completed some sort of test on the appeal system, but those appeals had to be written differently otherwise the appeals team would have picked up on the fact that it was copy pasted. So if that differently written appeal didn't meet one of their criteria, it's not going to be accepted.

So overall no, we're not being biased, we're doing our job to the best of our ability following the guidelines that are put in place.

Posted Dec 13, 2020
    dummynqte, PieOrPi, Fallen and 13 others like this.
  14. jdk

jdk

Hacking is Immoral

Posted Dec 13, 2020
  15. Staff are not completely unbiased. Nobody is. Not only that, but there are many staff who are very biased towards specific players; even for personal reasons.

Posted Dec 13, 2020
    Jet Starglaze and chungalunga like this.
  16. Why is this Sr. Mod denying it like I ik pll that cheated and just made an appeal and got accepted lol and the same appeal with a non ranked player gets denied like what? Lol

Posted Dec 14, 2020
    Believerc and Rjqy like this.
  17. I understand that, but there are many factors that go into an appeal acceptance and they have absolutely nothing to do with rank or level. A huge one being the quality and content of the application. So saying that one was accepted and one was denied and citing the rank as a difference makes sense from the outside sure, but unless you read both applications and compared them with the appeal criteria, that's merely a coincidence.

Posted Dec 14, 2020
    PrettyChillDylan likes this.
  18. I mean I can write 1 line in my appeal accepted and then someone without a rank goes for in detail and stuff and gets denied like excuse me with that bs.

Posted Dec 14, 2020
    primitlve and Rjqy like this.
  19. I don't think us players or non-FM staff members discussing this issue will make things any clearer as we can only speculate whether or not there is bias in the team, but judging from my experience in the staff team, this sounds more like a conspiracy theory to me if anything. There has been occasional corruption in the team - some that is found out about and some that remains hidden - but on such a large scale, if all FMs were given the instruction to be lenient with ranked players, this would have been leaked sooner or later. I could only hypothetically suggest that one person is behind it rather than the whole team, but I would be throwing blind accusations in that case.

Instead, to avoid being conspiracists, it's a good idea for everyone who believes their appeal was treated unfairly to message the staff member who dealt with it and if it's possible, get the Immortals on it as well. This is the only way to clear up doubts and misunderstandings completely.

I have another alternative reasoning to suggest, which is the possibility that the person in the OP (Joe) did not submit a GWEN appeal, and instead appealed through the normal form while claiming that the punishment was fair. This isn't anything new, as circumventing false bans that previously weren't successfully appealed as such has been around for a while.

Posted Dec 14, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
  20. Correlation does not equal causation. Just because in some specific instances some members with a rank get an appeal accepted, and a user without a rank or high level doesn't get their appeal accepted, it doesn't mean that it is because of those factors. As Dulciloquy pointed out there are many factors that go into deciding whether or not someone's punishment should be removed, and ranks and levels are not included in these criteria.

Posted Dec 14, 2020
    xGetRekted likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.