• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7671 Players Online
  • 4781 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex should listen to the community abit more. (Bedrock)

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by TopBlitzz, May 28, 2020.

1. Hello Everyone!
    This thread is clearly named 'Mineplex Should Listen To The Community Abit More. (Bedrock)
    *This thread also just shows peoples opinions about Mineplex*
    You may be thinking why did i post this thread?
    Well... This thread just shows what some members of the community think about Mineplex.
    ( Please Note that this isn't trying to bring hate towards the Staff Team but it's to show what some of the community think. (all of this is just other peoples opinions!) )

''This post is not to complain about the staff of Mineplex or to spread negativity about them. It’s just that I’m not satisfied about the fact that the Mineplex staff (Developers and Admins) don’t really listen to what the community has to say. I’ve been on the forums for quite some time now and every now and then great ideas are posted. However, even though everybody would love to see a certain gamemode (For instance Guilds/bridges) be implemented to the server, there’s no response for what the developers will make. Currently, they are ‘Very busy’ as I’ve heard from fellow-Mineplexers with making Skyblock open to the public. I’ve not seen many people requesting for Skyblock to be implemented and besides, you can already play it on basically every other server on the bedrock edition. What I’m saying is, the Developers and Admins of the bedrock server have an opportunity to make it a success! If we go on like this, we will end up like the java server and that would be such a waste! So please staff listen to what the community has to say since they’re the ones that end up playing.

- Melsieee''

''Recently I have been hearing wonderful ideas for the server from many different players and normally I will suggest to these players to put their idea in a thread on the Mineplex website. When saying this I have often gotten the response ''There is no point in making a thread the developers never look at threads.'' I have also heard from players that the games added are not always the ones requested. An example of this could be Skyblock. I was unable to find many threads requesting the Skyblock to be added but while searching I came across large amounts of game ideas that had a lot of support from the community, one being UHC another being TNT run. These are just two small examples. SkyBlock is on almost every server and will not draw many players to Mineplex. It is also not too highly favored among the current players and some even think it is a waste of time. I think that games should be added based on what the community wants to add. A way to do this would be to add a poll to Carl the Creeper asking which games you would like to be added. By doing this you will get the opinion of the community. I am not trying to insult the dev’s as I love the dev’s and respect what they do but sometimes they could be using their time to add games that would benefit the server and please the community more than SkyBlock currently is. I know it is in a beta phase so it is buggy but the overall concept of the game does not fit the server. The server is full of many mini games excluding creative housing and survival and many are PvP based. SkyBlock is a game which normally takes large amounts of time and a good amount of AFKing. This game may be popular on other servers but because of the amount of players that already play on other servers there is not a high chance of them wanting to switch over for Skyblock.
    That is not the topic of this though. I do believe that there could be a more efficient way for the community to give their support on ideas. Currently you can post a thread and most of the time they are marked as not planned and then forgot about or disregarded. I think that the games picked to add or bring back should be picked in large by the community. Having a server where games are picked by the community makes it more fun for the community and will bring more players. Obviously some games are impossible to bring back or add and in that case that just needs to be stated, but if it is a choice between bringing SkyBlock or UHC to bedrock that should be at least partially up to the community. As of right now I personally do not have many problems as I normally play Skywars, Cakwars, or Speed Builders and I doubt any of those will be removed soon. However I have heard from members of the community that the way things are added does not give much say to the community and could be more open.

- MaximumgameYT''

''I think that Mineplex should start listening to the community more often than they usually do. most of the time, the devs are just doing their own thing like Skyblock, which 3 of the 5 servers already have. Since then, Skyblock isn't really played because its already there on 3 other servers. Also, on the mco/bedrock discussion, there have been some amazing ideas that people came up with and 90% of people agree with. The idea of Cakewars Solo was agreed upon, but Mineplex replied with a no. There is no said reason explaining why they said no. Therefore, Mineplex should listen to their players more often.

- nerfguns3''

''I used to be an avid player in the Mineplex community, first on java, then on bedrock. Both times I had experienced Mineplex as a community become smaller and worse, due to no change in the favor of players. It would do us players a whole lot more fun for you guys to listen to our suggestions and words as the players should be the number one priority for you. So as I stated before, I used to play Mineplex java, and what happened to me playing that was, other servers started growing and Mineplex stayed the same. The community got smaller, and they would not listen at all to what the community wanted. That’s why I stopped playing Mineplex Java. And on bedrock, it was a similar instance. Mineplex just didn’t change. Same games, same system, despite the support and suggestions the community gave so many times. You must be tired of hearing the same thing over, and over again. “Mineplex is dying.” And its true. This is because as stated, the players and community have always wanted you guys to listen to our ideas, and you never accept them. It shouldn’t be hard to wonder why the server is like this. Just give our suggestions a chance. Cmon.

- xOc3ano''

''Hello, I believe that the Mineplex Community get's neglected far more than most should. Half of the staff are either inactive or putting their own ideas above the rest no matter how bad it may be whilst the community has put in their time and effort to think and write amazing ideas. Although, most say that the devs and admins are trying their best and i understand that, it's just that they need to pay abit more attention to the community. I'm not trying to say they are not doing their job properly all I am saying is that I believe Mineplex could improve alot more for listening to our suggestions.

- chs stardew''

''Mineplex, I think you’re a very well developed server. But I think you can do a lot better. A lot of people have lost interest in the server, well because there are no more updates. When the updates come, they are rather small. Other servers that used to be smaller than Mineplex, now out grew Mineplex because of how many new updates they do, and following suggestions players give them. We all can see that you (mineplex) do many updates on Java, but when it comes to bedrock it is lacking a lot of things. There are barely any updates, and mainly the same updates for seasons, and things are kept on all the time. Like the Christmas one, Christmas had already passed several months ago, but it’s still on. I can understand that many want updates every single month or so. But we haven’t gotten a big update in around a year now. I think for you to improve is first not giving all your attention to Java, but also pay attention to Bedrock. There aren’t as many players as there once was, when everyone would always play on it joyfully. It is now a server where it is easily griefed and hacked on as I can tell from other players. Mineplex is a server I enjoy playing on, and I can tell others also like it. But we all have lost interest. Please listen to our discussions, and what we want. We haven’t gotten a new map in any game. Some games need to be heavily fixed because they just don’t work very well. Another note to add is that I think every bedrock player feels left out of the server. The discord server isn’t even that good for bedrock players because there are only two chats representing bedrock. You could learn a lot from other servers like the Hive.

- Cloudmooo''

''Hello Mineplex, This is a bedrock player. Recently we are noticing that your dev's are quite busy at a new game which I'm pretty sure is Skyblock. But, the dev's have completely taken their mind off from the other games like Cakewars, Skywars and more. I know that you have fixed the invisibility glitch from Mineplex, still there is alot of bugs and glitches that are still there. For example; when you used to die in Cakewars you could select an item before dying which will then make that item still stay in your inventory when you re-spawn. We and most of our bedrock "Mineplex" players would like you to show some interest on this topic.

- Sap4837''

''As a player who has played the Java version of Mineplex in the past I have realized that the bedrock edition of Mineplex has been lacking in most ways for example listening to the community for suggestions etc. If Mineplex starts to listen to players who have ideas which will make the server better or more fun, the community would grow but the way it's heading it's looking the complete opposite. People have had ideas that have been denied because they are focusing on something people might not want for example the sky block this wasn't suggested alot by the community and what people want is something more interesting such as different competitive games or even some new building games also something entertaining to play. It feels like you are just copying other servers instead of something different or original. Please do not take the wrong impression of this its just my opinion. Thanks for reading.

- chilloutchaz01''

''Hey guys, so I have been playing on mineplex since 2013. I started with Java Edition and all I can say is I don’t want what happened to Mineplex Java to happen again on Mineplex Bedrock. Unfortunately I already am seeing similar patterns and if Mineplex wasn’t a bedrock featured server. I can tell you, it wouldn’t be popular. Does it not embarrass you (owners and management) that your product you give your customers is extremely broken and bad compared to the other featured servers. Theres a reason mineplex is at the bottom of the featured servers list. No one new wants to come onto a server and get what we are given. It isn’t the Mineplex Staff Teams fault or any of those sub teams. The people at fault here are the Owners and Admins who don’t choose to be aggressive and find more developers. Mineplex Bedrock has only 2 active developers, this is why we barely receive any updates and get little attention. As a community we are frustrated that the people in charge aren’t doing anything and are neglecting bedrock. It’s not the developers entire fault because they don’t have any help. Two developers! Are you kidding me. Come on be aggressive and please go hire more developers. Lack of updates and content drive away players and releasing broken games like sky-block isn’t going to help.

Things need to change
    1. Hire more developers
    2. Change the servers coding so toolbox and spawning in items isn’t so easy. (spawning in items only works on mineplex)
    3. Fix Friend System
    4. Fix Game Bugs
    5. Fix Party System
    No this won’t be easy but as a community even if it takes years for all of this to be done. Some of us can wait. The end product when all these things are fixed will be a more quality server that people will want to play on. Like I said it won’t be easy but with the help of income from ranks, marketplace content, amplifiers. The resources are there, so it’s up to mineplex (owners and higher up management) if they want to actually work hard and spend the resources wisely Sky-Block is an example of poor use of resources and trying to copy other servers and gain popularity.
    That’s all.

- NothinButNet''

''I have been playing on the Mineplex server for a good two years now, but there are many flaws in the game, which makes it so hard for people to enjoy playing. I think it's safe to say that Mineplex is going downhill right now. Many suggestions were made to Mineplex but many of them were denied, for example, Cake Wars Solo, a better party system, etc. Mineplex is not coming up with original ideas, for example, Carl the Creeper gives out daily rewards, rank monthly bonus rewards, voting rewards, and voting on polls. But wait, this is a replica of the delivery man in Hypixel which was made 3 months after. Master Builders came out three and a half weeks after Build Battle did, which is also basically the same game, and the same happened with Skywars. Mineplex should start making original and unique games for the player to enjoy. In conclusion, Mineplex should just start listening to the community and try out what the people want, this could improve the server and get more players attention to Mineplex. [Please don't take this as hate towards Mineplex, it's in my opinion]

- SuperRockLee407-''

I hope this is enough to show that the community would love for original ideas and for the admins to listen abit more.
    Once again this is not to bring hate towards any staff member, this is just to show what some players from the community think.
    Please don't take the wrong impression but instead re-thinking your ideas and possibly use this to improve!

Also everyone reading this feel free to comment on this thread what you think Mineplex should do?

Thank you to all those who helped with this thread and Thank you for reading!
    - TopBlitzz

Posted May 28, 2020
  2. As I said above I really do think it could bring more players to bedrock if the players had a say on what was put in game. Obviously limited because the devs do stuff that a normal player would never realize but when a game is added the community should have a say.

Posted May 28, 2020
  3. Hey!

Me personally, i love this thread. mineplex has only been making marketplace content and what every other featured server is doing (like skyblock & skins) this nonsense of ignoring the community and only wanting money is garbage. mineplex needs to get in check community wise.

Posted May 28, 2020
  4. Some really valid points from many people here, I do think that the development team should prioritise adding suggestions that users ask for on Bedrock, as there is a lack of acknowledgement on the Bedrock side of Mineplex and there has been for quite a while. Eventually, players will start to, unfortunately, leave the community if game ideas or suggestions don't get added, and that wouldn't be beneficial for both parties.

Thank you for this thread and thanks to everyone who helped create it!

Posted May 28, 2020
  5. Mineplex, you have the potential to become a big server, you just have to listen to others. I hope you will read this, we all support you mineplex! Fighting!

Posted May 28, 2020
  6. Not one to usually comment on these types of threads, as I play Java if anything, and they all generally express the same concept anyway- Mineplex does a poor job of listening to its community on any platform. But I thought the layout here was an interesting one. A lot of people just give their own opinion on threads and in the process rehash the same thing countless before them have said; for this thread, you took the time to gauge opinions on the matter that, while they all reflect the same idea, are expressed differently and have varying levels of usefulness. Chilloutchaz01, for example, gave some specifics where others did not. Needless to say, as a person who's experienced this very same "neglect" for Java, I'm right here with all the Bedrock players who feel disenfranchised.

What it boils down to is that Bedrock is not so much a game server as a marketing scheme. Most of the updates that I see from the server are cosmetic and purchasable; I'm notified immediately through the MP Discord server whenever a new Marketplace skin pack releases or when another pet gets pushed out. Interestingly, what I'm not notified about (despite having all possible notification roles and being engaged in the community every day lmao) is the content. It took individual community members, not even staff, for me to figure out that... what? Survival got removed? Replaced by Skyblock, a new game? How do you not announce a new game for people to play? Just a second ago I joined Bedrock MP on my phone to check if Christmas was indeed still on, not being surprised if it could be, and the very first thing I see in front of me is an advertisement for a corgi pet and a new rank; the game NPC's are all behind them, taking backstage to what's supposedly more important. For updates, I thought Java got crapped on until I looked at the 2019 year in review thread a while back, which showed that despite Bedrock being the obviously more populated and profitable platform, it got significantly fewer updates. It's astounding to me just how little there is for you guys to look forward to even though there's more of you than "us".

To speak for a moment on similarities between the platforms, I do see a big one between how MP treated Java early on and how Bedrock is being treated right now. Profit took center stage, though game development was an afterthought- fine for the kids who overfilled Minecraft servers to the brim back then, but not fine for when those same kids grew up, moved on, wanted less shallow games, and came to the realization that other servers truly cared about their games and their community. So they moved there instead. Now look at Bedrock. Shallow games with no updates, new content consists of poor, blatantly obvious cash grabs. Bugs aren't fixed, hackers ruin games, community isn't listened to. Seems very familiar if you ask me. Eventually leaders and production are going to register in their minds that the same mistakes that they made with Java way back when, they made for Bedrock, but by the time they prioritize the things that matter, it will be too little, too late, and they will have failed once again. But hey- it got them a quick buck, so maybe they won't care at all; maybe they never cared about putting on a facade for the community and pretending like they were in it for anything other than money. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TL;DR: many good points, however redundant and obvious they may have been. Pretty good thread. Hope things turn around for the better, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Posted May 28, 2020
  7. I agree with ClassN on the point of shallow games and getting nothing new at this point its gotten boring so i started playing different servers like they should focus on bringing people in instead of making them leave

Posted May 28, 2020
    Melsieee and TopBlitzz like this.
  8. I have my own opinion on this,

I have been playing the server for a good 4 years now, Mineplex developed this server really well, but It just does not want to listen to the community, If it just listened to the community, just one simple thing, Listen to people that enjoy your game. Things like Cake wars solo, UHC and other mini games people enjoy, They do not want to add, and Mineplex is doing close to nothing about the situation with hackers, and people that have unfair advantages in-game, For example, They would not add a /report feature for bedrock, but they would for java, why would people waste their time, to go on forums, take their time to register, write a boring report. This is just a game, people want to have fun, also the invisible glitch, its a huge problem, yet, nothing has been done of it. There is so much more problems with cheating and many things overall,

I love this server, I have had the best times on here, It made my day when I was sad, It ris me up when I was down, This server is truly my favorite, And I really want staff to pay attention to this thread.

Posted May 28, 2020
  9. All of these are good points. However, Mineplex is working/improving on what we currently have. It would be awesome to have all the features we suggest, but we need to make sure we have fixed all the main issues before adding new features. Again, a bunch of great points!

Posted May 28, 2020
    LazyBrayden likes this.
  10. I am still going to respond to this even though my opinion is on the thread. I still stand with this thread Mineplex bedrock is slowly becoming Java which no body wants so I hope they change.

Posted May 28, 2020
    Melsieee and NothinButNet like this.
  11. I’ve been talking about stuff that could be added, things that could be fixed, and downright unfair things within Mineplex bedrock for nearly a year. Funny how this post gets way more attention than my posts about what I think would be beneficial to the server

I completely agree with all this by the way. The funniest point of all of this was when Mojang released a video on “community development highlights” or something similar, and one of the highlights was Mineplex’s world edit tool mod thing for bedrock, which really showed me that bedrock means squat to the server. All the maps and texture packs and skins are literally just dragging servers down. Good example is InPvP, which actually used to be a decent server. Unfortunately, all these micro transactions and marketplace items are the only things that the server focuses on, excluding the roleplay servers that InPvP has where you need to pay actual money to participate. However, one server that actually does this right is the Hive, where they have skin packs and stuff but they are still able to develop new games and fix games alongside marketplace releases.

Mineplex leadership is all out of whack and needs to start to focus. This isn’t just for bedrock, but for java too. On java, I only find one mod/trainee online in the lobbies AT BEST, and most of them are just talking about stuff. One time, I was on lobby 1 with a mod online when a hacker was wreaking havoc in gladiators, and the mod said they couldn’t do anything about it, which is downright unfair compared to the other mod who went out of their way just to help me when I found a hacker (actually came online to the lobby I was in to ban the hacker after seeing the suspicious movement and reach).

If mineplex came out and was honest about its intentions, I believe the community would be more open to help mineplex out. It pains me to see great ideas in the bedrock ideas forum and know that they’ll be thrown aside by the devs despite having lots of people support it. The only thing holding up bedrock mineplex is cakewars, as when the server has 6k players online there are usually 4k players on cakewars. Without cakewars, mineplex bedrock would literally fall and shatter with only a few players (most likely those who have already invested money into mineplex via ranks or the marketplace) playing the other games. Funnily enough, cakewars requests almost never get put into the game. New shop system? Player tracker without having to void? Fixing broken parts on maps without outright removing the map? Knockback (although this is an issue that is all over the server) that varies way too much depending on your platform? None of it got fixed, excluding the fact that you can mitigate horrible knockback by using an autoclicker (tested and it’s true, unless you get a knockback 1 sword which gives you normal knockback) or switching to mobile where you take no kb and can literally walk around like you have anti kb turned on in a mod menu. All this and then some more problems with the server in general. Just to name a few suggestions that were highly requested that are yet to join the game are a “/report” system, better anticheat, fixed knockback (already mentioned, I know), fixed parties where party members join the same team, and the ability to afk in games to blast through levels, jems, and experience.

Bedrock is no longer a question of “when will it get fixed” and more like “will it even get fixed”. Recent development by Microsoft shows that bedrock is the main focus compared to java. Bedrock makes more sales, which Microsoft has been able to catch on to. Bedrock is right on Java’s heels when it comes to development, and the addition of ray tracing shows that Microsoft is pushing bedrocks development hard (Microsoft is a firm believer in ray tracing, seen in the announced addition of ray tracing to the Xbox series X and the addition of ray tracing to upcoming Microsoft games).

I hope you guys read my stuff when it comes to bedrock, which was long mainly due to my discontent with mineplex’s road of development, but the road isn’t closed yet. Mineplex can still take the right path of a fork and fix all these problems, but it’s only mineplex who can fix their server.

Posted May 28, 2020
  12. ''Hey guys, so I have been playing on mineplex since 2013. I started with Java Edition and all I can say is I don’t want what happened to Mineplex Java to happen again on Mineplex Bedrock. Unfortunately I already am seeing similar patterns and if Mineplex wasn’t a bedrock featured server. I can tell you, it wouldn’t be popular. Does it not embarrass you (owners and management) that your product you give your customers is extremely broken and bad compared to the other featured servers. Theres a reason mineplex is at the bottom of the featured servers list. No one new wants to come onto a server and get what we are given. It isn’t the Mineplex Staff Teams fault or any of those sub teams. The people at fault here are the Owners and Admins who don’t choose to be aggressive and find more developers. Mineplex Bedrock has only 2 active developers, this is why we barely receive any updates and get little attention. As a community we are frustrated that the people in charge aren’t doing anything and are neglecting bedrock. It’s not the developers entire fault because they don’t have any help. Two developers! Are you kidding me. Come on be aggressive and please go hire more developers. Lack of updates and content drive away players and releasing broken games like sky-block isn’t going to help.

Things need to change
    1. Hire more developers
    2. Change the servers coding so toolbox and spawning in items isn’t so easy. (spawning in items only works on mineplex)
    3. Fix Friend System
    4. Fix Game Bugs
    5. Fix Party System
    No this won’t be easy but as a community even if it takes years for all of this to be done. Some of us can wait. The end product when all these things are fixed will be a more quality server that people will want to play on. Like I said it won’t be easy but with the help of income from ranks, marketplace content, amplifiers. The resources are there, so it’s up to mineplex (owners and higher up management) if they want to actually work hard and spend the resources wisely Sky-Block is an example of poor use of resources and trying to copy other servers and gain popularity.
    That’s all.

- NothinButNet''

Posted May 28, 2020
    TopBlitzz likes this.
  13. This thread has a ton of great points that I love seeing. Mineplex is currently fixing the more major issues such as lag right now. Brian is working hard on it. However, this thread is a great showcase to show others that the Bedrock community is still standing strong. The more attention we can bring to the smaller issues, (hopefully) the faster they get fixed.

Posted May 28, 2020
    Melsieee and TopBlitzz like this.
  14. Frankly, the leadership here is wack. In my experience, I haven’t seen a piece of good feedback ever swallowed by this leadership. Think about that.

Posted May 28, 2020
    Melsieee and NothinButNet like this.
  15. the funny thing is that they probably wont take this thread into consideration either lol

Posted May 28, 2020
  16. It’s been that way from the start lol

Posted May 28, 2020
    Melsieee likes this.
  17. The Mineplex Bedrock Edition is one of the most successful "PE" Servers around, I can understand where your coming from, however at the same time Mineplex has a lot to work with already with what they have, and yes I agree with you in a sense, our voices should be heard a "tad" bit more, but then again you have to consider everything the Development, Administration, and Leadership teams have to go through and work towards on a daily basis. The Mineplex team has a lot to work towards every single day, and sure it would be cool for them to add everything the community desires, however they have to "perfect" and work with what they have already, if that makes any sense at all. I'm not one to know what's going on everyday with the Mineplex team, but from a business perspective, it makes sense for the Mineplex team to fix, upgrade, and maximize success on what they already have on the Server before any additions are made.

Posted May 28, 2020
  18. It isn’t the most successful bedrock servers. The only reason it has a decent amount of players is because it’s a partnered server and minecraft promotes them on their game. Our voices are heard but discarded and we never get anything we ask for. For example we asked for Pocket Bridges (unique game, that no other featured server or server has). Instead we get a very broken skyblock. That was only made because they saw what other big servers were doing at the time (which was adding skyblock). At least they should have put a spin on it and made it better. But no it is just a boring vanilla sky-block. It was made to bring in new players and failed. Rarely anyone plays it, the most I have seen is 15 players at one time. No one wants a broken game.

Posted May 28, 2020
    akeyfortyseven likes this.
  19. Yeah, I really hope that this thread can change things on the bedrock server. It would just be such a shame to let this community that has been established, just fade away like on the java server. I would just like to thank everyone who participated and @TopBlitzz for setting this up. Together we stand strong!

Posted May 29, 2020
    NothinButNet and TopBlitzz like this.
  20. Regardless we still won’t be listened to by the people who can really get the stuff done. Staff aren’t the problem, it’s the fact that we have no communication with the developers and their bosses. Mineplex Bedrock only has 2 developers compared to (insert popular server) who have 8-10 developers dedicated to their bedrock server. Even though they have a Java Server too they still find success. Whoever is in charge of hiring new developers should really start doing their job. All blame goes to them because they aren’t willing to listen and be aggressive and spend money on a new bedrock developer. If we could hire 3 more developers that would be nice.

Posted May 29, 2020