• 964 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10133 Players Online
  • 9169 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Settings GUI

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by xGetRekted, Jan 10, 2021.

?

Do you think this should be added?

1. Yes (tell me why)

100.0%
  2. Nah (tell me why)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. So recently, my Mineplex settings have disappeared completely from my game settings in the pause menu. Now normally, I’ll just click in and out of settings a few times and it’ll be fixed, but I’ve tried multiple times and it doesn’t work. Regardless of wether it’s a Mineplex issue or Minecraft one, I think the Mineplex settings should be changed completely. In my opinion a GUI would be a lot more convenient and user friendly then the current settings, as some people don’t even know it exists. Additionally, there wouldn’t be such an issue with it not appearing, which can be quite frustrating as there’s no other way to change your Mineplex settings. An item should be added to your hotbar or an option should be added to an existing item in your hotbar which gives you the ability to change your Mineplex settings. If not that, then something similar to the old settings room would be nice too, though a GUI would be more convenient. All and all, I’d just be happy to change my Mineplex settings again.

Posted Jan 10, 2021
    Dad, zapig, 0775 and 8 others like this.
  2. The thing is, I don’t think that this is a Mineplex bug. I believe that it’s a Minecraft bug in general as it doesn’t work on any of the other featured servers. I believe Arrow (TheArrowsShadow) said he had more luck using a touch screen device which seems to work for me as well so I recommend using your phone. Lately I usually have to play a couple games and then hub and it’ll show up once and then to see it I have to relief and do it again. So yeah just try it on your phone and I think it’s a Minecraft bug.

EDIT: I came back and reread the post I didn’t realize that you were suggesting something. Now that I see that, I believe this should be added because it’s much easier to switch your ranks and change other settings. +1

Posted Jan 10, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 11, 2021
    xGetRekted likes this.
  3. I think this is a great idea, for a couple reasons. So first, like you said, some players don't even know it exists. If it was in a GUI or a menu of some kind, more players would be able to realize that there are mineplex settings. Second, It would generally be a lot easier to access. So anyway, +1!

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    koqel likes this.
  4. I also agree with you here. Many players on the server don't even know Mineplex settings in game exists. With Minecraft Bedrock itself updating more and more it seems to be making the Mineplex settings not able to pop up as much. I've played around going on older versions of Minecraft like 1.16.40.2 and it seems that the Mineplex settings comes up in around 2 tries consistently, while on the current version of Minecraft, the Mineplex settings hardly ever comes up even when you keep going out of the settings menu and back in. I've found out if you turn off screen animations in your video settings it actually allows the Mineplex settings to come up in around 2 tries, while with screen animations on it hardly ever comes up. Adding on to your idea on adding a Mineplex settings GUI; I really think that would help better since the Mineplex settings hardly ever comes up for many people and many people on the server don't even know it exists. Overall a Mineplex settings GUI of some sort would make it way more easier to access! Great idea anyways!

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    koqel, Ryan9116 and xGetRekted like this.
  5. Hello there!

With the suggestion and idea that you just stated right now, I guess I will have to definitely agree with your idea. The Mineplex settings alone is not very well known to most of the players in the server so I think adding it and customizing it, most likely adding an item into your hotbar is a brilliant way to do it since players can access to the settings very easily without having to go to the menu so I don't see any problems right here. +1

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    koqel and xGetRekted like this.
  6. I have always had trouble accessing the Mineplex settings, and whenever I have, it took a long time reopening the pause menu. Like you, I tried 20 times and it did not pop up at all. I agree that making it within the server itself would not just make it easier to access but those who are unaware of it can use it. Great idea and +1 from me!

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    koqel, Ryan9116 and xGetRekted like this.
  7. Yes my dude they should either bring it back or revamp it like you said. I bought every Bedrock rank (male) but now I can’t switch when I get bored of Duke colour. Those of us with multiple ranks aren’t getting our money’s worth.

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    koqel and xGetRekted like this.
  8. yeah I've got lord, knight, and duke and I don't like dukes color but I can't switch.

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  9. Having a GUI would be awesome instead of opening settings repeatedly. +1

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    koqel likes this.
  10. This will stop glitches, I mostly play in Creative housing so glitches are frustrating. I lost a hour worth of work once.

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    koqel likes this.
  11. Hey,

I am fully on board with a new way to display the Mineplex settings menu, as it doesn't show up for me at all. I like the idea of a GUI, maybe through an inventory item, or maybe even changing the settings menu into commands. For instance, there could be a /set command, with all of the options as toggle-able options, eg /set friendvis off or /set particles medium. I don't know what would be easier to implement, but either way, +1, and good luck getting this implemented!

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    koqel, QuietSnow678 and xGetRekted like this.
  12. So I have a relavant solution for this.

Go to your settings and turn on 'Screen Animations'. When opening a chest, it's direct and there is no animation, along with buying things from the shop.

From testing, so far it works 100% of the time and lets you view your Mineplex settings. I learned this from someone else.

EDIT: More testing results. Looks like precisely 50% of the time

Posted Feb 19, 2021,
    Last edited Feb 20, 2021
    koqel likes this.
  13. As many people have already mentioned, this isn't really a Mineplex issue but rather an issue with Minecraft Bedrock. Bedrock is, in many regards, woefully underdeveloped and simply not very well made.

As laudable as it is for you to report your difficulties with the Mineplex settings here, I recommend reporting this to Mojang directly since they'll be the ones to patch client-side issues.

Posted Feb 20, 2021
    koqel likes this.