• 145 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2202 Players Online
  • 2057 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex SCAM Rank....

Discussion in 'YouTube Video Showcase' started by chrris, Jun 25, 2022.

1. no way bro

Posted Jun 25, 2022
    RedRaven, BlazeFire, Mothy and 8 others like this.
  2. I finished watching my show

First of all, nice video. I if you need a buddy to play swt with lemme know. I also agree with a lot of your points, and now I'm going to address my own points and probably get carried away and ramble a lot

Overall, I do not agree with a lot of the perks or the advertising, and to be completely honest I'm against this entire new rank idea at all. However, I do like the teal color so like whatever I guess

I'm just gonna go over the perks and what I agree/ disagree with:

Flying in lobbies:

From a player standpoint this is pretty cool. Would I pay 13 bucks to be able to do this when I can just do /activate bat morph? No. I do think its a cool perk in of itself, but I think in the long run it's not worth it. I also tend to get a lot of "This person is flying in the lobby" reports and now those are either going to be boosted or be way more confusing to deal with so rip

Rainbow chat:

You used to get kicked for using colored text, so thats a bonus. I personally think it hurts my eyes but it does make your chat stand out so if you really want people to read your chat, go for it. I'm really glad it has a toggle

Super corgi:

I only have like two pets I use but it is kinda funky looking ngl
    They would be a fun god to show off at parties

250 friends list slot:

This is the biggest perk I think from a community standpoint, I know a TON of people that would use this. I have the duke rank and I haven't even used all of my 150 from Duke so I wouldn't use it, but I do think this is the most practice.

1 Amp and 2 treasure party bombs:

Also useful, I think thats gonna be a main perk for a lot of buyers (If anybody unironically buys this I suppose)

Duke rank:

Just buy the duke rank lol you dont have to pay 13 bucks a month for it :shrug:

Theres probably others but I'm tired and cant remember them right not

All in all, I realy don't like this rank because of how expensive it is. If you can get immortal on java for 7 bucks a month and have twice as many perks (I know the coding is different but cmon lol) then I think 13 bucks for rainbow chat and a funny looking dog is ridiculous

I am glad that we got an update at all, and I'm not throwing shade at all to gyro or anybody because he's just doing his job. But seriously we need to work on things that the community asked for. No one asked for this rank, or any type of rank revamp, and I feel like its a waste of gyros valuable time. There's going to be a lot of backlash for this update because 1) you can't make this community happy lets be honest and 2) it does seriously seem like a money grab. On a server for young kids.

Now I'm going to throw my opinion about ranks that no one asked for into the ring
    Personally, if we do a rank revamp I think we should take the bedrock crate names and use THOSE as new ranks (not getting rid of the old ranks because people pay for what the see/want) and just rename the crates to the java crates to keep consistency between the servers and to bring gender neutrality to the whole rank thing, but I think thats just me
    It would look pretty sick though, I mean just look at this amazing drawing
    [​IMG]
    I'm not creative hush

anyway yeah thats that I guess
    oops I rambled

Posted Jun 26, 2022
  3. I honestly think that the cap should be higher a little bit for Bedrock. Like you said yourself, you haven't used up the 150 limit yet but seeing this from a Java players perspective feels so little. At one point I had over 300+ friends on my list (cleared out now) and if I was capped at 150 on Java, I'd be a bit annoyed. 150 just seems so low for a server with an average player count of 5k.

What you get for this feels too little.. like you're paying $13 a month when you can probably get those 2 items for cheaper without the rank. I think something like a gem boost %, shard boost %, and an xp boost would even out the price (unless there is EULA issues) for it but who knows, maybe they will add it later on.

Mineplex at the same time should probably move away from the royal based names/gender based names. I think that is their plan anyways but the servers hub has nothing to do with a kingdom anymore, it's a whole city. I feel like renaming the ranks has been considered but the backlash they'd face for it would be something they wouldn't want to deal with. Anything but VIP+ wouldve been a better name but that's what they came up with.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 26, 2022
  4. I do agree that the cap is small. I personally just don't add people that I don't talk to on a regular basis, and I only keep like three peoples Discord DMs open at any given time so my friends list is very small haha
    I am aware that that is only me and in all fairness, I feel like a friend cap at all is ridiculous. If you don't have any rank on Bedrock, you only get 25 friend slots, and of those 25 if you SEND friend requests then those count as slots. Most people don't even know how to cancel their friend requests if they don't get accepted, so you might just be stuck with 10 friends without getting a rank :shrug:

Honestly yes, if you are buying this rank for the amps and the treasure bombs, then you're better off just buying an amp every month. With the amp I believe you also get a bonus amount of shards, so you can just use those to buy crates and get treasure bombs for "free"
    But I'm just a mod so what do I know xDDDD

I *really* dislike the city hub. I know the builders worked hard on it and I dont want to throw shade at them or anything but it doesn't feel like "Mineplex" at all. Its loud, super bright, solid colors and just doesn't feel right. I genuinely hope that with the next update we revert back to a medieval theme because anything other than that just feels like not-Mineplex honestly.
    As for the ranks, I'm very against renaming or getting rid of the ranks that we currently have. People paid for Knight Lord and Duke and if those get changed or taken away people are going to be ANGRY. I don't mind adding NEW ranks (as long as they make sense, like I said in my pervious post) but I really don't think getting rid of the old or revamping the old is a good idea. Plus, again, no one asked for a rank update. The Bedrock community wants actual gameplay updates and bug fixes. I'm glad we got an update, and I know we cant make everyone happy, but I think with this update we just made most people unhappy xD

Posted Jun 26, 2022
    chrris, Mothy, ReJo and 1 other person like this.
  5. No joke, they just came out with almost everything you described but worse. It’s double the price of immortal rank and you get less perks, like Arrow said “It’s a huge money grab by mineplex”. And ya this is a server full of kids, but it keeps getting less and less kid friendly.

Posted Jun 27, 2022
  6. At least you don’t need real money to pay for bedrock ranks

Posted Jun 30, 2022
  7. yes u do..... how do u pay for minecoins LOL

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 30, 2022
  8. You can redeem minecoins at rewards.Microsoft.com

Posted Jul 1, 2022
    chrris likes this.
  9. Most people who play on mineplex bedrock are on IOS or android, which it is possible but extremely hard to redeem mine coins. I also believe you are referring to the search = points system, which is strictly through bing, and would take you about 460+ days to purchase a duke rank.

Posted Jul 2, 2022