• 1035 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3614 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Mineplex`s outside minecraft game

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Aleksa445, Jun 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mineplex could get team of developers to make game outside minecraft it would be on forum (or it would need to be downloaded) it can be maybe 2d platformer with mini games inside so you need to complete them!Also there would be cosmetics that u earn when u complete the game

Posted Jun 23, 2019
  2. Flash games are so old, please don't

Posted Jun 23, 2019
  3. I sense someone without Minecraft

Posted Jun 23, 2019
  4. They literally have a Java account linked but okay

Posted Jun 23, 2019
    cerns likes this.
  5. I have a java account linked (to shop) and it’s currently nonexistent

Posted Jun 23, 2019
  6. Yo,

Don't feel as though this would be the right direction for Mineplex to head in, it would require a lot of extra resources and we already have a Minecraft server set up (both Java and Bedrock) so it'd be a smarter move to just add to those instead of creating a completely different platform.

Posted Jun 23, 2019
    kim_crazy likes this.
  7. Personally, I'd rather see more development go into the current servers, Java and Bedrock, than into a completely new game mode. There are so many things you can already do with Minecraft itself that I don't think a completely new game is needed. That's one of the appeals of Minecraft for me. That you can essentially make plug-ins to be able to do anything you want without having to purchase a bunch of different games. You may not get the same experience necessarily, but it gives you a wider variety of games to play compared to other video games. I agree with Augend that I don't think a brand new game should be the direction Mineplex takes in the future.

Posted Jun 23, 2019
    kim_crazy likes this.
  8. Heya this is someone from Epic Games and we'd like to hire you as an executive producer

Posted Jun 23, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  9. I'd rather focus more on the development side of the Java and Bedrock server. It's impossible to add another gaming platform, and it'll not work like that. I don't always play other games on my computer, and I only play Minecraft. I'll have to agree with Augend that the brand new game wouldn't happen on the Mineplex community.

Overall, I don't think it'll work like that, so I'll disagree. -1

Posted Jun 23, 2019
    kim_crazy likes this.
  10. Like most individuals have stated prior to myself, I wouldn't say this would be the right direction for Mineplex, especially considering our network has become an endorsed, featured partner of Minecraft and our popular Bedrock server is already in critical need of numerous bug fixes. The network has secured its success long-term as a valued part of Minecraft and this doesn't seem like the best usage of our development resources long-term.

Posted Jun 23, 2019
    kim_crazy and Jaekub like this.
  11. Mineplex is already suffering from a lack of developers at the moment, and having many of them focus on a game outside of Minecraft, in my opinion, would be a waste of resources. Sure, another server is making a game called -snip- that has a ton of hype for it's upcoming release. If Mineplex were to also make their own game, less development would go towards the actual server and more on the stand-alone game. Mineplex would also be accused of copying another server if they were to do this.

Developers are precious to Minecraft servers, as they work on updates that please the community and bring in more players. By limiting the time of the developers by making them make their own game, lower quality of work would follow and even less work would also occur as they would be working on this game.

I don't think making a stand-alone game is the best use of resources of the developers we have here on Mineplex. They need to be able to spend their time working with Minecraft and no other games. This just wouldn't really work the way I picture it.

Posted Jun 24, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jun 24, 2019
    kim_crazy likes this.
  12. In my opinion, the development team should work on fixing current issues that exist on the servers and perfect them before moving on towards making a game outside of Minecraft. Also, a game outside Minecraft would require a lot of resources and time. Mineplex is anyways lacking developers and it is already tough for them to fix in game issues so they can’t afford to start a whole new project yet.

Posted Jun 24, 2019
    kim_crazy likes this.
  13. XD

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 24, 2019
  14. Hello!

As most of the responses on this thread have been negative, I'm going to be marking this thread as denied. With limited development power, it might not be the best idea to dedicate some of it towards an entirely different game. I encourage you to share any other ideas you may have here on the forums. If you have any questions, my DMs are open.

Thanks!

Posted Jul 1, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.