• 336 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5482 Players Online
  • 5146 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Revamp

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Falling, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Minplex needs a revamp all the leaderboard is filled with cheaters I swear. what mineplex needs to do right now is SHUT DOWN update the games and only BRING 8 or something around that. Of the most popular Games back because Half of the games aren't being played. Most people are stuck in the lobby trying to play, so mineplex needs to only bring them back like 8 good games and actually Update them and just make a new leaderboard system or something of leveling system to make people want to grind like a title or something when you reach a certain amount of ranks. Or Be original and make some Epic bangers games bro. Like super smash mob that was a good and had a lot of success, I need more new custom games like that unseen type. when was the last new game on mineplex NEVER EXTACTly Prove my point even more.

Posted Jul 28, 2022
    Slxzh likes this.
  2. I’ve previously wanted to suggest Mineplex just getting rid of the majority of NPCs and chuck most of the arcadey games into Mixed Arcade and just have them cycle through similar to how it previously was. Also just have a featured game NPC that switches through games every few hours or once a day. The truth is the player count just can’t handle the amount of games and as much as people can suggest “increase the player count by doing x” we really need to focus on the players we DO have rather then the ones we DONT have (but obviously we still need to do small things here and there to help increase the number of players)

It would be nice to see an original game come out as well. Maybe even a prototype lobby similar to Hypixel where it could cycle around really small game ideas and then be fully fleshed out utilising feedback.

And yeah don’t get me wrong cheaters are in every server and every game but it is quite bad on Mineplex, I think the leaderboards and levelling system also incentivise people to hack/closet cheat(look at Hypixel Ranked Skywars) and for both Java and Bedrock we defiantly need better ways to mitigate closet cheaters

I’m on my phone so sorry if the reply is a bit messy and please note all my opinions are my own

Posted Jul 28, 2022
    tori likes this.
  3. Removing games is not the answer. Better advertisement, a larger social media presence and adding new content is what will get the players. As for Bedrock, they really need a massive update that polishes and modernizes the server as it feels very outdated compared to pretty much all the other partnered servers.

Posted Jul 28, 2022
    xKen, ReJo, rejudge and 7 others like this.
  4. 1. This whole thing's rather incoherent but I'll try to make sense of it anyway.

2. The leaderboards are not filled with cheaters. Basically everyone on them is a long-time server veteran who's been grinding wins for years.

3. Removing games probably wouldn't help much. Except UHC, no one would miss that.

4. There are already titles and levels to work toward.

5. Last new game was Nano in late 2018, almost four years ago.

6. There was talk of adding Death Run, but given their track record, I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

Posted Jul 28, 2022
  5. I disagree. Mineplex tried doing this exact thing in 2018 and it hasn't boded well for the server.

Posted Jul 28, 2022
    Ocelotguyy and danb76 like this.
  6. No, the leaderboards are not at all filled by cheaters. They are only filled by people who have played for a long time. If Mineplex wants to survive, the answer is updating its content, fixing bugs and issues, make a better anti-cheat, and to advertise. (imo) We have one dev though, so it’s not an easy task.

Posted Jul 28, 2022
    BlazeFire likes this.
  7. I'd disagree with the cheater part. The part that I do agree with is making a desirable trophy for grinding. Like a rank for being on leaderboards. That I feel will encourage competition more and bring in players. I plan on making more original games with the content development group to bring in fresh originality.

Posted Jul 28, 2022
  8. Does Bedrock have titles like Java? Java has titles for things like levels, kills, winning tournaments, etc., but not for being on any leaderboard.

Posted Jul 30, 2022
  9. It does not have titles like that. The only titles are for ranks, staff and thats about it. Viewed as prefixes.

Posted Jul 30, 2022
  10. Could they be implemented? As in-is it possible?

Posted Jul 30, 2022

11. oh of course they can. I've done it on my old bedrock server. The owners and management would never let it go through tho ofc. I have hope they will, but, frankly im gunna have to take matters into my own hands for java and bedrock.

Posted Jul 30, 2022
  12. How?

Posted Jul 31, 2022
  13. I would say they could as other bedrock servers have in the past (featured). Not sure if they will do it though.

Posted Jul 31, 2022
    BlazeFire likes this.
  14. How?- simply you just have to add more ranks to the specific plug-in/s that function the rank and prefixes, you would also have to set up a linkage to actual leaderboards and stats of players.

Posted Jul 31, 2022
  15. I agree that Mineplex has become over saturated with games, however I feel like (at lest for Java), what we really need is a new infrastructure. Fortunately this is currently a work in progress and you can join our beta testing server at beta.mineplex.com.

Posted Aug 2, 2022
  16. I agree mostly with what moqiee said in a sense where Mineplex could really use an infrastructure change. As a few others have mentioned, I don't think removing games is a solution to the problem at all, as it just gives users a more limited selection of what to play, which could also cause more problems in the long run. Mineplex could really use some solid advertisement and a major update to grab peoples attention, and then from there, if the infrastructure could be improved, and smaller bug updates were made more consistently (of no fault to the current devs), I could see Mineplex growing into a better situation in the future.

Posted Aug 2, 2022
    tori and moqiee like this.
  17. I'm not sure what you're attempting to say, but I think you're in favour of removing games to focus on a select few?
    I don't think that's wise - I know as a Castle Siege fan that removing games isn't an answer. Having your favourite game removed sucks, and might discourage you from playing the server. It can't be assumed that people will simply go to another game, that's contingent on how they feel, which is something only they can control.
    I see the benefit of focusing on a few games at a time; but no games have to be removed for this to happen. A decent development strategy could ensure every game gets its share of attention.
    If it were me, I'd try to fix any bugs and already extant issues before adding anything new, or focus the majority of my effort on bug squishing. I'd say adding something new is more complex anyway, and bug updates might reflect well. Quality over quantity, work hard not smart...

Posted Aug 3, 2022