• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10787 Players Online
  • 7897 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex profanity system

Discussion in 'Help' started by notelielking, Sep 16, 2020 at 2:38 PM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whenever i try to rename my baby zombie (/rename) it always tells me it contains profanity, even if i try to give it my own name. so i would really appreciate if you re-wrote the profanity system

Posted Sep 16, 2020 at 2:38 PM
  2. hi,

if this is happening everytime this is deffinatly a glitch.

would you mind saying what you wrote?

if it is a glitch you can report it here

read over this guide before reporting
    thanks

Posted Sep 16, 2020 at 2:42 PM
    Kyuine likes this.
  3. This probably means that you’re ghost/shadow muted. I suggest reading over this guide: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/ghost-mute-guide-2-0-explanation-and-resolution.72445/ for an explanation and a solution to this. It’s actually not something with the Mineplex profanity system it has to do with Microsoft and has nothing to do with Mineplex at all. If you try renaming your pet to something that contains profanity it will filter it and if it doesn’t contain profanity and isn’t allowing you to name your pet that, then you are probably experiencing this issue.

Posted Sep 16, 2020 at 2:43 PM
    Kyuine likes this.
  4. what i wrote was, "Eliel", or "dog" or "nice name" but none of them worked.
    oh, and by the way this was in Bedrock edition of mineplex

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 16, 2020 at 2:50 PM
  5. You are most likely ghost muted if you cannot rename your pet without the profanity message. To fix this, I'd recommend checking out this guide to see if it will fix this issue - https://www.mineplex.com/threads/ghost-mute-guide-2-0-explanation-and-resolution.72445/

As for just making sure that you are ghost muted- send a character into the chat, then send the same thing again. Like this:
    [​IMG]

If you don't get the "this message is too similar to your previous message" in the chat, you are ghost muted and will need to look at the guide to fix this issue.

To check if you aren't ghost muted anymore, just send the same character in chat twice and the "this message is too similar to your previous message" message should appear.

Posted Sep 16, 2020 at 2:52 PM
  6. @ScarletBlood37 and @xGetRekted answered your question perfectly. You are ghost muted by Mojang. To fix this, your best bet is to read over this thread and head it's instructions.

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/ghost-mute-guide-2-0-explanation-and-resolution.72445/

Best of luck getting that fixed and if you have any further questions, feel free to DM me!

Thread Locked | Concern Addressed

Posted Sep 16, 2020 at 2:58 PM
    xGetRekted likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.