• 967 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3546 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mineplex Prison

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Tylarr, Aug 12, 2019.

1. No I mean like in clans the ip it’s clans.mindplex.com but I still can get in from the main server

Posted Dec 2, 2019
  2. That's because clans is connected to mineplex. Even though I don't play clans a lot, you can get there through the main server by clicking the iron door in the main menu.

Posted Dec 3, 2019
  3. Ikkk

Posted Dec 4, 2019
  4. I think that a Prison style server would be great! I was an avid fan of Prison servers a few years ago, but I reached the highest mine on that server leaving nothing left to achieve. The concept of bosses and custom enchantments solve that problem in my opinion. From the perspective of a Bedrock (if this were to be added to Bedrock of course) player, I feel that this could be as popular as Cake Wars. Factions is nice, but it isn't that much fun if there aren't many players to play around with. With Prisons, you could play it by yourself and relax as you mine and casually rankup!
    How exactly would you encounter a boss? Would it be in a warzone type of area? I think it would be really cool if bosses could be challenged once a week in a dungeon you would have to find in a warzone.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    Lousy101 likes this.
  5. All I can say is outstanding. I can tell even the video and your thought process into this suggestion took a lot of time and effort. +1

I am a huge prison fan myself. I have been on countless prison servers and have always had a blast making friends and getting into teams and fighting with friends in Pvp. The idea of a new and unique mining system and custom bosses and enchants seem so intriguing to me that I want to play as soon as I can. Now I do understand that this would take a very long time to develop and formulate. But I think this will rival -snip-'s Skyblock in all honesty.

So as I said above. Major +1 and I can not wait to see how this suggestion develops :D

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  6. Hello!

Holy! I’d just like to say that I actually did read through every single part of this post, and although it took a long time to read, I am glad that I did so because it gave me a true insight on just how much effort and time you have put into this idea, so I commend you for that.

Now to delve into some aspects of the idea:

Ranks:

You mentioned multiple times throughout the thread that ranks and rank upgrades would be a thing. Would these ranks be the same ranks as the rest of the network, or could we perhaps invent new ranks specialized to Prisons? The latter option would give the Mineplex shop another way of selling prison-related things, as you mentioned that it’s important to look at the business aspect as well. One of the main reasons why I suggest a new rank system for Prisons is also because to my knowledge, no other games on the network give out any sort of rank reward, only chests. It feels kind of strange to give as big of a perk as ranks to Prisons, when Prisons is only one thing, just like Clans and other games are, if you understand what I mean. I’m not against having it stay as the same ranks, I just thought I’d throw that up in the air.

Stats:

I am wondering how exactly statistics would be shown for Prisons. Can you view them outside of Prisons? One way could be like Clans was, how they just added a new section to the /stats for Clans. For Clans it is kills and deaths that are tracked, so what types of things would be tracked on /stats for Prison? Perhaps one thing could be the current level you are. Also I saw in the video you type out prison.mineplex.com, but I would suggest having this on our current server, not making a different server if that's what you had in mind.

Gem Hunters 2.0:

I feel that the base of this idea is good, and it is definitely a cool suggestion to have different network rewards that can be found throughout the different caves, for example how you said that you can find a rank upgrade in a cave, although very rare. I have a suggestion for a change to this though; what if instead of just finding the item itself in the caves, you find a key which you then bring back to the Prison Spawn Area and redeem at a crate area. There can be different types of crates, with different rarities for each one. If you’ve ever played factions then you’ll know what I am talking about. There can be a % ratio of the chance of getting each certain reward from a crate. It will all be a randomized chance of what reward you get, but the better the crate key you get, the better rewards are inside that crate. The design I am picturing is because of the whole cave theme, the crates (chests) could be positioned inside minecarts on minerails (not moving of course).

Overall, I hope you will put my ideas into consideration but besides that you did a really great job on planning all of this out before publishing it to the public on here. The one main issue that you stated and I agree with is the amount of time it would take to push a MASSIVE project like this one. However, I believe it would definitely be worth it in the long run if the time was put into this project. One thing that I feel should be brought to attention though is that your goal is to bring more players to the server with this gamemode, but there is also a risk that this could all backfire on us when it’s released. What I mean by this is that by making this gamemode, there’s a chance we might not get a ton of new players but instead have a lot of players from our community go to this game from other games like Clans, and therefore dividing the server even more. Of course I hope this doesn’t happen, but it needed to be mentioned.

One last question I just thought of after writing all of this: Would there be a texture pack required for Prison? I would really hope not because that is probably one of the major downsides of games like Clans and is one of the major reasons that Clans doesn’t get as much attention as it would if it didn’t require a texturepack, because some players computers can’t handle it.
    Edit: I see you addressed this already in a different response.

PS: I saw you said that you would be willing to work closely with the development team through the process of this game being made, and I would just like to tell you that if it would help the game be pushed out even faster (if the game is accepted), I would be willing to help through the process as well.

Have a good day, and thank you for the time you took to write all of that out and also to read my response! :)

Posted Dec 7, 2019
  7. I believe one of the reasons clans is so unsuccessful is because no ranks transferred over, people will not play if they have a rank on mineplex but not mineplex prison. At least i wouldn't, having to purchase completely new ranks will be viewed as a desperate attempt to gain money and make it more pay to win, i believe lootboxes and monthly crates and keys are the way to go, along with some ingame items. That is what cosmicpvp does and they make tens of thousands every month for each lootbox, new ranks will lose players and money.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  8. Yes yes yes! Please add this! On a more serious note, great job with the thread! It was really well organized and had a lot of work put into everything. A couple of questions off the top of my head: Would there be hunger? If so, how would you get the animals, crops, seeds, ect? Great job with this and I hope to see it implemented!

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  9. In Mineplex Prison, everyone would still keep their donor ranks the same as for the main server. Also, instead of donor rank upgrades, the upgrades should be A-I.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  10. +10000000000 you put a huge amount of time and effort into thos thread, and I think prisons would be a huge draw of players to mineplex, and that it would be amazing for the server! Having this added might even be able to revive mineplex and the server would really br better off if this was added. With how detailed you have made this thread, the devs would just have to code it, and even though it would take a huge amount of time, this would be an amazing addition and it would be totally worth it. Amazing job! This would be beneficial in every way to mineplex and the only reason this could be denied is because of the massive amount of dev time that would be devoted to creating this. Honeslty it would definantly be worth it. Sorry I repeated myself alot but honestly great job. Keep up the amazing work!

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  11. Ever since you know who released Skyblock I thought that Mineplex should release a non-minigame game. Prisons is by far my favorite game mode and I would love to see it on Mineplex. I love how much effort you put into this concept and the video is amazing haha. I like the idea of the mines and how they're not listed A-Z. But ngl I don't like how you are copying mana and speed etc from you know who Skyblock game. I prefer normal prisons. Also, it's a lot like Woofless Prisons, I think a normal square mine would be the best option (I have been playing Prisons for 8 years and a square mine is the way to go imo). Also, bosses should spawn in certain mines after a certain amount of time, maybe dropping a certain currency (maybe bosses should drop Shards or Prison Money). I did not come up with the boss idea, a different server had done it but they had shut down ages ago (MaxedOutMC, highly suggest to watch their trailer, it will give you so many ideas!). Also about dungeons, maybe they opened up after a certain donation goal, or when a person reaches a certain rank? This would make it so you wouldn't get so rich straight away. I skipped through your thread because I got excited so if there's anything I included that you included or anyone else included let me know, I will be more than happy to read over because I love prisons. Also, did you mention anything about crates? Maybe in Prisons, you can open crates that would give you special pickaxes or currency. Crates could have all sorts of names, maybe just stick with Mythical, Ancient crates, etc. etc...

Maybe next time I see a thread like this I will spend more time reading, and comments, but I am very busy right now :) night.

Posted Dec 8, 2019
  12. Hello! So, if I’m being honest, that was a LOT to read, and I have not covered all of it. But, from the parts I’ve read, and from watching the video (which was amazing, great job!) I think this would be a great idea!
    +1
    Happy Suggesting! -
    Tomb

Posted Dec 10, 2019
  13. I think this game is just what Mineplex needs. It’s a break from PvP and MiniGames altogether. I like that a ton of thought was put into every aspect of the game. It seems as though this game could actually work. Honestly, it was a whole lot to read and I give you an immense amount of credit for this. I’d really like to see this get added, actually. I’d give it a +1.

Happy Suggesting,
    -LT

Posted Dec 10, 2019
    Quixyz likes this.
  14. It's a break of PvP because it's an adventure gamemode, as you would go through some biomes.

Posted Jan 2, 2020
    Quixyz likes this.
  15. This is such a perfect and creative idea, people can for sure get bored of Mini games, as mostly the duration of them is long before you're whizzed back into another one and it can get quite repetitive, but as I've learnt from playing Prison on other servers, it's so fun to have a challenge and not be over with it in 10 minutes, more over with it in weeks, so a huge +1, and a big well done!

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    Quixyz likes this.
  16. definitely +1. this seems incredible and i would really want mineplex to have this implemented. there wouldn’t be a problem since clans is a thing and that isn’t a minigame, so why not add a prison server?

also the vid is hilarious, great job on assembling this all together!

Posted Jan 3, 2020
    Quixyz likes this.
  17. When this idea is accepted and prison gets added, do you think clans will still stand?

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  18. yes? clans is its own very competitive non-minigame server and it’ll probably stand

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    NoHacksJustGavin likes this.