• 3250 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11688 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mineplex Prison

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Tylarr, Aug 12, 2019.

1. I honestly loved the video, the effort put into what prison could look like was 10/10; if someone told me that was footage of Mineplex prison I'd honestly believe it because you did such a great job. Anyways, the whole threat looks great too, I love the idea of re using the pumpkin king into prison as well, it would be interesting to see as a boss and what he would drop. I'm a big fan of the prison game mode and this is definitely a +1 from me.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    Tylarr likes this.
  2. Prison has been a requested idea on the network for at least 2 years now, but there’s never been such an in depth idea and thread that is actually suitable for implementation to the live server.

I want to thank you for making such a good quality thread, I can see that hours of work has gone into this, personally I love the aspect of custom prison, I think if you make it like clans is currently it could actually attract many players, I like how this is combat, adventure, and original prison based to capture more players.

With a lot of dev work and some awesome maps made by the builders we could definitely make this a thing, I really hope this gets to production and becomes a reality, awesome thread and a massive +1.​

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    Tylarr and Evence like this.
  3. This idea gets a 100% +1 I have been waiting for this forever, I always play prisons but I also want to play Mineplex at the same time, I really hope this goes through!

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    Tylarr likes this.
  4. Hi,
    Personally I love this idea and would love to see prison implemented into Mineplex. I love how you spent so much time perfecting this thread to make the most detailed idea possible for Prison. I personally would love to see these type of games on Mineplex because it would be a good break from mini-games, but also would have a chance to increase our player base. This is a huge +1 from me and good job on writing an amazing thread. Also the video was amazing :D.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    Tylarr and canqda like this.
  5. Its crazy to see how so many people can support mineplex having another long term gamemode after Gem hunters was removed and after clans has basically ended. Mineplex should use the resources not to build a new game, but to fix the game they already have that's understaffed and broken. Large -1 from me.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    Tylarr likes this.
  6. Great idea, this needs added, I used to play other prison servers back in the day but they all shut down. It would be nice to see this on my favorite server.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  7. We only want this because we want to stay on Mineplex and experience other things, like prisons. It will keep us here and make us play even more than just mini-games. Just because other things flopped doesn't mean every single thing they do will. They always have room for improvement with devs! If it is understaffed they could get more staff

I have an idea with it that isn't going to break the EULA, add boosters but make it for the whole server. Like 2x sell for the whole server for a certain amount of time or something like that.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    Tylarr likes this.
  8. I mean their failure to maintain a large scale game does show that Mineplex can't handle it. If they manage to turn clans around and actually make it playable then I'd be onboard with prison, but until they fix clans I can't trust that Mineplex could pull it off.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
    Tylarr likes this.
  9. First off, the editing is amazing and I wanna thank you for taking the time to do this.

Secondly, I really love this idea, the amount of detail and hard work you put into this is honestly amazing, You described everything so well and showed very good work and a good explanation, I also like how you put a tutorial so if you are confused you know what to do so huge props to that.

I also really like the mines and how you can get rank upgrades, I'm sure it looks very appealing to those people who want a rank upgrade. I would also like to talk about the bosses, I really like the bosses and I do remember all of them and what games they are from so you aren't drifting too far from the drawing board which is nice to see.

This overall is an amazing concept and I would love to see this come into mineplex and play it for myself. Thank you for coming up with this game idea it's a +1 from me.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  10. I personally think a great product opportunity would be adding bosses that drop special types of loot then you could have lootboxes that showcase the loot and give a randomized roll of like 3 items or something, I see other servers do this and make like 10000 per new lootbox they add with only 1500-2000 player averages on there servers

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  11. Hello!
    • This idea is very meticulous and the video in itself is super unique!
    • The idea of a prison server does sound appealing to me. However, I find it that other players in the community will play it for a little bit and switch back to their original games.
    • That being said, the game can attract outside players which is super beneficial and in my opinion could be supported + gain enough traffic.
    • I definitely can see how this could be a huge project / a ton of work. On the contrary, most of the community doesn't have an exact idea of how long this could take so I wouldn't let it be a negative of the idea.
    • Direct competition with a gamemode like Skyblock could push this idea to the side unless there is way more support for prison.
    Overall, I believe this idea is well thought out and with the right support could be achieved. Personally, I could find myself playing prison quite often if it were implemented but that doesn't mean the community as a whole might. +1 from me

Best of Luck
    SourSky

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    Tylarr likes this.
  12. +1 for sure

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    Tylarr likes this.
  13. Amazing post! I used to play some prison and i had fun but after some time it got boring. Im sure that this would not get boring that easily especially with the boss fights. I’d definitely play this if it were added.

Posted Aug 16, 2019
    Tylarr and FruitVegetables like this.
  14. Hey there!
    This is an absolutely organized and well-constructed thread and I have to applaud you for your great work and great detail that you've provided for us. I am not so experienced in Minecraft prisons but I can definitely say that adding this gamemode to Mineplex would definitely open up the server to even more curious players and would be a great addition to Mineplex's game variety. Although this idea is interesting, as mentioned before, there might not be a chance we see this anytime soon since developers are very busy but this would definitely be a great idea for the future-

Before I head into the actual thread itself I have to say that the video you created was extremely well worth my time. I think I've watched it at least 5 times now. I absolutely loved watching the hilarious editing and the very realistic scene you displayed and I have to say, it looks amazing as a sample prisons idea. By the looks of the video, I can already imagine what it would be like if Mineplex did decide to develop this and I have to say this really caught my eye and I'm all for it.

Mines/RankUp
    [​IMG]

I think this is definitely an interesting proposition and I think it would definitely work well with the current layout you've described. I really like the fact that to access deeper parts of the mine, you'd have to familiarize yourself with the basics first and I think it teaches players how to play the game even more. My only question would how would it be bordered out? How do you imagine it looking like and honestly another video would definitely be great haha.

Bosses
    [​IMG]

You seem to have mentioned "elite monster"s and "solving puzzles" which I'd like to comment on. So for elite monsters, I think how it would work is that for different bosses, there would be different mob level fights before fightning the boss itself. How it could potentially work is that there would be 5 mob levels for example. 1-2 would have basic mobs in groups and in level 3 they'd have armor and once they reach level 4-5 it would be extremely hard mobs to fight but in smaller groups. This would help warm up the players and would definitely be interesting if the higher-tiered mobs dropped more exclusive loot.

I think that this method is a bit too lenient. Although getting exclusive loot acts as a very rewarding experience, I think the bosses should drop 1-2 extremely rare items to players who have either dealt top in damage or top in something at least. I think that otherwise, it would be very easy to get and wouldn't hold the value of a rare item. Furthermore, I think players would have a better time competing for it and it would definitely be much more valuable. I also think that with the extremely rare items (highest-tier items) should come other few rare items that you've mentioned. Not over-the-top but decently rare and exclusive where bidding is actually entertaining and challenging.

Definitely LOVED this idea. Incorporating famous and classical Mineplex mascots might just do the trick in really connecting Mineplex's history to this game and I'd love to see this in game. Your other ideas for bosses were definitely exciting and I have to admit, I would love to go against them myself. They seem challenging and scary too! The executing feature I think is very harsh and might actually do pretty well. I would like to know how execute works exactly. Would you have to not fight for 30 seconds or?

Player/Item-Levels
    [​IMG]

I think that item levels should be skewed down more to around level 10 and would be a little more challenging to level up. I think level 100 looks a little to big of a number to set on basic weapons and I think achieving a level 10 would feel more professional and sharp rather than a level 100 weapon.

Plots // Player Shops // Plot Voting
    [​IMG]

I think this is definitely a great idea and would certainly fit the prisons theme very well. For clarification purposes, how would this actually look visually in game? Would there be already-made configurations of mines that when added in take up said amount of space? Also what are the biggest private mine areas? Could it take up the whole plot? I'm more interested to hear how it would look like and how it fits in to the plot. Furthermore, if a player had built a house already covering the whole plot, where would the mine then be located?

Staffing
    [​IMG]
    This is a very interesting sub-topic that was in the back of my mind whilst reading your thread. Honestly speaking, I think that staffing this server would be a little more complicated than regular staffing and so possibly presenting a sub-team/senior mod team that deals specifically for prisons? Regular staff members can enforce the rules there as well but the staff focused on the prisons version could be there more often.

Overall I have to say I was very impressed with this thread and I really liked diving into detail and expressing my thoughts about what you had in mind. Mineplex prisons is definitely a gamemode I'd love to see in the future and I think it seriously compliments the server and where it's heading. I have to applaud you for your work on this thread and I think it was definitely a great read. I hope to hear more from you soon.

Posted Aug 16, 2019
  15. Thanks so much for the feedback so far! Sorry I couldn't reply sooner! I really didn't anticipate quite this much so quickly. I can't reply to every single one of you, but I appreciate all of your thoughts and ideas.

Hi OnionTearz, thanks for the feedback!

So, I can't say that I've really played that variation of Skyblock. At least, not beyond a small tutorial segment. With that limited knowledge in mind, I can really only see direct similarities in the action bar health system and I suppose the mines. The health system is sourced from a popular RPG server and the mines were kind of my own doing. I guess I could of been subconsciously influenced with the mines, but I find it hard to believe you'd truly cite mining from a cave as an original concept from that server. Again, I haven't really played that variation of Skyblock, so please tell me if there are any other similarities and I'll happily tell you their influences.

As for the task of designing this game, yes, it's a huge project. I've explicitly stated this in my post. It is a major investment; however, I think if we worked on it slowly and take it bit by bit, it could get done without other parts of the network suffering.

Thanks again!

Hi, thanks for the feedback!

I would love more mines myself, trust me. However, for the initial release version of the game, there can't be too many simply because we are limited on resources. Post-release though, I'm sure more mines could be added on in updates, so don't worry! As for the mines that I've suggested myself, they are merely examples and would most likely be changed if the idea were to be accepted.

Honestly, I didn't even think of this. I've got a feeling that Mineplex wouldn't be a fan of plot gambling so I assume that could be fit into our rules if needed. As for plot scamming, if we go the route of an auction house replacing player shops altogether, plot scamming shouldn't be a problem.

This is a really fun idea, for sure; but, I think there would be some serious problems with managing this. I do like it though and would like to hear other thoughts on it.

Thanks again for your feedback!

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

I love the idea of a Carl the Creeper boss, that would be awesome! Mineplex classics always make great bosses.

As for everything else you wrote in your reply, sorry I couldn't directly respond to it. You wrote some great stuff and I appreciate all your feedback!

Hi Marzie, thanks for your reply!

I completely understand development concerns, it's a very real problem.

As for upkeep, I don't see this being as big of a problem if the game exploded with popularity. It's hard for me to speak about Gem Hunters since I wasn't involved in it in any capacity, hell, I wasn't even staff. I assume upkeep for it was hell considering that it wasn't even that big of a game. I can't predict the future, but if MP Prison were to blow up, it should be pretty easy for the higher-ups to put maintenance resources into it. If the game were to hold half the player count and they still didn't want to invest in upkeep, well that's another discussion I suppose. Again though, nobody can predict how successful this game would be. If it were to be a blunder, upkeep would be a giant burden, I am aware this is a major gamble and I have no expectations for the fate of this idea.

I hadn't really ever thought of GH prizes putting a dent in company profits, so thank you for bringing it up. I should make a point that Gem Hunters sole purpose was to earn network awards. Mineplex Prison has it as a side benefit rather than the entire premise, which I think would make a major difference in how the brain digests it.

Thank you for your feedback, your concerns for development are very realistic and this project might be out of scope. Feel free to voice anymore concerns, examples, etc. that you or IT have, I'll be happy to discuss it and work out solutions.

Hi, thanks for your reply!

I wasn't trying to make a statistical success point out of Gem Hunters, I was trying to highlight that Mineplex has expressed openness to long term games.

How can I guarantee this won't flop like Gem Hunters? I really can't, but I'll outline some reasons why I think it wasn't successful.

The game didn't really have much substance. It was a giant PvP arena where you could earn network awards. There wasn't that much that kept you there. You rolled out with your squad for like 30 minutes, got hardly anything, got bored and left. There was hardly any progression at all. Once you realized you probably weren't going to get anything worth your time, the game became instantly meaningless since that was the sole purpose of playing. Not to mention the awful hacking problem. Anytime you actually got something, you could bet a bunny hopper was headed your way. None of these problems are applicable to Mineplex Prison. For that reason, I don't think the failure of Gem Hunters can be used to accurately predict the success of Mineplex Prison.

Thanks again for your reply!

Hi, thanks for your replies! You seem to be very vocal about how this idea is destined to fail, citing Gem Hunters and Clans. Your skepticism is expected.

I sincerely think Mineplex Prison is very different. You seem to be linking all these games together on the sole characteristic of them being long term games. I think the issue goes much deeper than that. For Gem Hunters, please look at my reply to Vocaloiid. If you see any inaccuracies or something you disagree with there, feel free to let me know, I'll discuss it further. For Clans, I honestly have never been very involved there so it's hard for me to make a case. If I had to shoot something out there, I'd say it's because it really didn't appeal to enough people. I realize that this argument doesn't have a lot of substance, so please, tell me specifically why you think Clans might be struggling. I'll respond with my thoughts.

Thanks again!

Thank you for the massive reply!

If we were to go option 2, the "Made in Abyss" style, it would basically look like a giant mine system in the ground somewhere in spawn. Maybe it would start out as standard caves. Then at lower depths, it would open up to massive underground rooms with houses or whatever the theme is. Warps wouldn't be a thing, but perhaps an elevator system that takes you down to the lower depths. I know it's kind of hard to imagine, it's definitely hard to explain. Unfortunately, it would simply take too long to create another video on it, haha.

Yeah, I definitely think having some Mineplex classics is a great idea. You might've caught a glimpse on how his ability works in the ability. When I designed his execution ability, I had it so if your health fell below 30% while in his boss room, he'd instantly teleport to you and kill you. The only way to avoid it would be through one of the weapons I designed, the Seraph Staff. If it's ability is used on you, a "guardian" is placed on you. If you die while a guardian is placed on you, you will be revived with 50% of your health. This weapon had a quick moment in the video.

So private plot mines would look similar to that of a standard prison mine. It would be flush with the ground going from the surface to the plot's bedrock. The maximum size would probably be somewhere around 5x5 and you could place them where you decide. If you misplaced it, you would have the option to pick it back up. It's uniqueness comes from your ability to tier it up.

Thanks so much for your feedback! I'm sorry I couldn't respond to everything, but I loved all your suggestions and thoughts!

So that's it for now guys. Again, thank you so much for your feedback and suggestions so far. The thread is looking great, keep it up!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 18, 2019 at 1:35 PM
    BasicT, Oscaros_, Vocaloiid and 6 others like this.
  16. As someone who doesn't play a lot of games anymore, I absolutely love Prison and would be happy to see it added to the Mineplex network. For me, mini-games aren't as appealing as they used to be but having a long-term goal in a game mode like this is what I want to play now. I've never been the one to play a lot of different servers, but I play every few days on another server because I really enjoy Prison. I'd love to see this implemented and your ideas for it look amazing.

Posted Aug 19, 2019 at 2:03 PM
    Vocaloiid and Tylarr like this.
  17. I believe if done right, this could be amazing. I have never properly played Prison but would be sure to give it a try if ever added to Mineplex. A game like this would attract new players who are more into long term games and give us all something to enjoy. It has the potential to be huge. Some changes would have to take place beforehand but think its a great idea for the future. +1.

Posted Aug 21, 2019 at 12:58 AM
    Tylarr likes this.
  18. I think prison would be a great addon to Mineplex

Posted Aug 21, 2019 at 7:23 AM
    Tylarr likes this.
  19. Herro!

Personally I love prison, it was one of the games that I played when I first started playing Minecraft, and holds a place in my heart for that. Your idea is super intricate and well thought out, especially with the small ideas such as elixir and custom enchants. Adding the "Mineplex Effect" to a prison gamemode would be awesome I think, and it would definitely get me to play it.

Few things:
    I think that there should definitely not be a custom resource pack under any circumstances. I know this isn't something you mentioned, but I am strongly against it. One of the reasons clans isn't as popular is because of the resource pack, and having to transition back and forth between them is annoying and could drive away the player base. I know you didn't mention it in your post, but I feel like I needed to talk about it.

I love this idea, but dev time is still an issue. This game would need a dedicated developer for sure, and I think that one would have to be hired to make it work. This may not be an issue depending on how the leadership team handles it, but it's just a thought I had.

With hacks that exist such as insta-mine, they would be harder to catch given custom enchants and the game type as a whole. While using that hack isn't going to be super effective in the gamemode, it still may be annoying to deal with, and maybe looking into players inventories would be a necessary permission for staff.

Other than those things, I really love this idea! I really hope this gets implemented as it could certainly get a playerbase behind it, and would be a fun game for anyone to play. +1

Posted Aug 21, 2019 at 10:39 AM
    Tylarr likes this.
  20. Wow, it's clear to me that you've put a lot of thought and effort into this.

I personally think that having prisons on Mineplex would be an interesting idea and could definitely be successful. Whilst it doesn't fit in with Mineplex's general theme of being a server predominantly consisting of minigames, I see no reason as to why we can't give this a go. It's bound to need tweaks here and there as time passes but I say let's give it a go!

- Tomeroo :)

Posted Aug 21, 2019 at 10:57 AM
    Tylarr likes this.