• 249 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2333 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Mineplex player server mute chat

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by BBoy2003, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Hi, I had an idea and I was wondering if you could make it so that in a player server, the host or co hosts can mute the chat for normal players so only hosts and co hosts can talk to get their message across easier and to make it more readable without other people chatting in the middle of messages. If the player cap for eternal rank is 60 players then the chat can and most likely will be pretty fast and the host trying to get something across will be difficult to say the least. 'm also asking for this feature because i'm trying to run a tournament, guidelines can be found here:

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/the-gwen-games.23401/

and for a big tournament with some rules i feel like its essential to make sure everyone understands and can see all things i'm saying as it might pertain to them.

Posted Jan 23, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 23, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  2. In my opinion, the chat is part of the game and the only ones able to prevent players using it should be the server itself and the Mineplex staff team. However, various options remain available to you:
    - Create a party and use the party chat to talk with host/co-hosts, which will also highlight your messages.
    - Kick players that really bother in chat from the server tools
    - Make the chat smaller or disable it completely from Minecraft settings and use other software (e.g. Discord) to talk

Posted Jan 23, 2019,
    Last edited Jan 23, 2019
  3. As said above, those are some really useful options.

However, it would be a beneficial idea to have a facility from where server staff members can get their point across more efficiently. I agree with the point you have made. :)

Posted Jan 23, 2019
  4. This idea definitely has the potential to be great. The one downside to your thread is that there is little detail and it's very difficult to understand how you are envisioning this to work.
    -By owners and mods, you mean the Host and Co-Hosts?
    -Why is this idea necessary when Hosts and Co-Hosts can announce things?

Posted Jan 23, 2019
  5. For example if your server has 30-60 people in it the chat will go pretty fast that even with the green prefix, you could get drowned out by others so it could be very effective to be able to toggle chat by player server staff If mineplex wanted to make a player limit 60 players for eternal rank then I think a command to control chat is essential to get instructions to everyone and make sure they see it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 23, 2019
  6. I am not opposed to this idea, considering this is a QoL that would make things easier for the Co-host/Host, but isn't there a command to display a broad message in chat? Those are pretty easy to spot, but I see what you mean. Some people could not be looking in chat, or just not paying attention.

+1 not bad at all.

Posted Jan 23, 2019
  7. Yo,

I think this is a decent idea and maybe it can work similar to Event servers where we can mute chat but players can still talk to us through /ea (message). It would take away one of the special features in events however it’s a very minor one so I’m not concerned about that. Perhaps the commands could be /mps silence and /mpschat. Keep up the good ideas!

Posted Jan 25, 2019
    Bunni likes this.
  8. Thx :D I’ve never had a staff member agree with me

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 25, 2019
  9. I definitely agree with this idea. It'll especially be useful for MPS's that have a large number of players, and even if MPS hosts and co hosts can announce things chat would still be running pretty fast, so I'm sure that many players would appreciate this. I don't hosts MPS's all that often, and when I do I usually have it only open to friends, but I know that a lot of people try to get as many players as possible within their MPS. If this were to be added, it would make the chat less messy and easier for players to read what the hosts and co-hosts have to say. +1, really nice idea!

Posted Jan 25, 2019
  10. Hey there!

That will be a great idea to implement the change to the MPS server. Like if there are an MPS opened with largest players, then it is hard for the Host and Co-Host talking in the chat. I believe that it will work just like from the Event server in a similar way. Overall, this idea should be added to the MPS server, and I am looking forward to it soon! Excellent idea that you have!

I will give it a +1 to this idea.

Posted Jan 25, 2019
  11. Hey there! I do give a +1 to this idea, However it might actually not be possible on the live server. Months ago, I made a document for game insights with suggestions how they could improve the MPSes in general. One suggestion was to have a way for YT and YouTube ranks to mute the MPS chat so only they and maybe Co hosts could speak. However, when asked DivinePegasi for feedback, she told me said that she asked BlueBeetle to make a feature similar for that. BlueBeetle did ask for that feature for MPSes, however a Dev said that if this was on the in MPSes, with how the system works it would allow users to use the lobby chat mute everywhere. Have a nice day!

Posted Jan 25, 2019
  12. Hi,
    I believe that this would be a nice implementation. It would all in all improve the quality of MPS's and make chat cleaner if the Host decides to do so. Having such command like /mps silence would be beneficial. I really don't think that this would take a while to implement. Seems like an easy addon. +1 from me.

Posted Jan 25, 2019
  13. I'm not sure this is necessary. Yes, when your mps is crowded the chat can go very fast, and muting might seem necessary. However, if you're wanting to announce something, you can already do /bc 'message' - it will display your message in a noticeable green colour. Having over 10 players in an mps is rare these days anyway. Also, it wouldn't be useful for moderation purposes as you are already able to kick players!
    I guess it could find some use during a tournament, so if it's not complicated, they could add this feature.

Posted Jan 26, 2019
  14. I wanna thank you all for all the positive feedback! I didn’t think that so many people would agree with me. It really means a lot and I’ll try to keep it up

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 27, 2019
  15. Hello,
    I am not sure how I feel about this idea. Since there is already the broadcast feature, I think that it is already fairly simple for the host and co hosts to get their messages across to the players. Although I personally don't think this is necessary, I would not be opposed to its addition, as some might find this very useful.

Posted Jan 27, 2019
  16. Fairly simple idea, I definitely agree and don't really see a downside. I can't relate to having similar problems as when I have a MPS it usually isn't (well never really) been packed to where messages pass by very fast, I have been in those situations though and I do think this could work. Seems like just a little feature that would help with getting the point across. +1

Posted Jan 27, 2019
  17. As stated above, there is /bc command that is already a solution to this, but there is no bad sides of this feature being added. I definitely see an improvement in this feature being added but I truly think its necessary.

Posted Jan 27, 2019
  18. Will throw this Idea in the MPS QoL list and we'll look into adding it when we do another update for MPS. Can't make any promises but we'll see. Thanks for the suggestion! Let me know if you have any questions or concerns ^-^

Posted Aug 14, 2019