• 1356 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6240 Players Online
  • 4884 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mineplex pet ideas. Please read it.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Cardyceps, May 21, 2020.

Tags:
?

Which amphibian would you like to vote for?

1. Mud puppy

9.1%
  2. Ribbed newt

27.3%
  3. Caecilian (I can't believe that you actually want to vote for it)

27.3%
  4. Eyed tree frog

27.3%
  5. Diplocaulus

9.1%
  1. Hello everybody, my name is Cardyceps. I am a crazy fan of amphibians. My very first thread on Mineplex forums was about how cool amphibians are and how cool it would be if Mineplex added these custom pets. I didn't create this thread because I still want this idea to be implemented. No, I did it to see what people think of my idea and perhaps draw some attention towards this beautiful animal kingdom. I must also tell you that this thread has some other ideas that aren't related to amphibians.
    1)Penetration pricing. Penetration pricing. For those who don't know what penetration pricing is, this is a strategy of promoting and selling new goods. Penetration pricing is when you set a low price for a new product in order to attract customers. Why did I mention this strategy? Well, all custom pets on Mineplex cost 400 minecoins. This is a high price since you can't use them in your own worlds, you can't use them in games and the only place where you can shoe a custom pet is lobby and the hub where you are being send before the start of the match/game.
    2)Ability to use pets in games..I have some ideas of how Mineplex could do this without braking the balance. First of all, this can be implemented on Beast master kit in SG, this won't result in how fair the battle is since all pets have almost the same size and probably the hit box. Second idea is to spawn pets in Clans, Survival Mode and other Survival type games. You can summon them by using a brand new command /pet. However, pets won't attack anyone and will be passive towards mobs.
    3)Discounts and lower prices. I offer to lower prices for those who have expensive ranks or reached 100th level. I think that it would be enough to lower a price by 50 minecoins. My other idea is that Mineplex could make discounts after major updates and when there is a lack of players on server.

4) Amphibians time. Do you remember that time when Mojang offered to vote for a new mob? I know that it would be too much to add 2 or 3 similar pets so I offer you a choice. The chance that mods or admins will see it is very low, but believe that our chances aren't equal to zero. You can vote above.

1)Mud puppy. Mud puppy is a cute salamander that grows up to 30 cm. However, it is a fierce predator that eats almost every creature that lives in it's ecosystem and is smaller than puppy.
    [​IMG]
    2)Ribbed newt. Let me present to you an assassin of amphibian world. These cute 20 cm creatures are good at climbing and their ribs are their hidden blades. They have unusual type of defense. In case of danger, their ribs pierce their skin and become venom covered spikes. This causes some harm to the newt, but ribbed newt wouldn't be a newt kind if they didn't have strong regeneration ability.
    [​IMG]
    3)Caecilian. Did I scare you with the ribbed newt above? No? Well, let me tell you about caecilians. They look like snakes or worms or dachshund dogs since some of them still have limbs. Most of them have long and sharp teeth. Most caecilians can live on land and swim in the water, some of them can even burrow holes just like worms!
    [​IMG]
    4)(Red) eyed tree frog. Red eyed frogs spend most of their lives in the trees.They are know for their cuteness. It might sound weird, but they use their eyes as defense. Let's just say that their eyes confuse their enemies allowing them to escape.
    [​IMG]
    5)Diplocaulus. This is a kind that doesn't exist anymore. It was one of the giant salamanders from giant salamander group (they are usually about one meter long). However, there are only three species of giant salamanders left in our days.
    [​IMG]

Posted May 21, 2020,
    Last edited May 22, 2020
  2. Hey lads, I saw that some people have voted for their favorite pets,but no one posted a reply. Please, write replies if possible, this promotes the thread and lets me to understand my mistakes.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 22, 2020
  3. Hey!

Before I start, I would like to say that I will be organizing my answers by platform. My answer about the Java side will be a reply and feedback to more of the overall idea rather than separate parts, and I will explain why I am doing this later on. As far as bedrock, I will be diving deep into the different sections you provided about custom pets!

The Java side

So, custom pets in the java addition to Mineplex could become a little confusing as to why it would be harder to implement rather than on the bedrock servers. Java does have normal pets that are composed of normal hostile, peaceful, and neutral mobs. The reason why it hasn’t been explored outside of normal mobs is because of a major factor pulling it down. This is because a texture pack would, most likely, have to be used in order for these custom pets to work. Because of the player count, and how many people would not want to, or would not be able to, use the texture pack. This whole idea of custom pets puts a disadvantage to the Java side of things here.

The only thing that I could see happening with pets on the java side would be different kinds of ideas on how a certain mob can be showcased as a pet. While most of the normal mobs are already pets and can be achievable to get, there can always be new ideas of how maybe two mobs can be showcases inside one pet slot, as an example. So, for example, you could have a zombie and a zombie pigman somehow showing argument between the two. This could be with angry particles coming from them to make players sense there is a debate between the two zombies by your side. So just something like this would be more considerable for the java side of pets rather than creating custom pets to make everyone be required to have a custom texture pack just for specific pets. I really hope that gives you a start to the Java side, and helped your knowledge in pets on the java side, as well. Now onto bedrock.

The Bedrock side

Alright, so I’m really liking these pet examples you have shared! What I’m going to say in this little bit can be connected to your fourth section you made about the idea, as well as my additional feedback. I feel like with all of the current bedrock pets, most of the ones you provided, would not be too big of a deal to say no to. However, some of the pets you described live in the water and not so much on land, so this would be a small problem. With water not being a great way to go about a pet idea, I would stay away from animals that live in the seas to avoid water issues since this would just bring upon to many problems externally. As well, I am getting a sense that not too many players would know these animals by name, and wouldn’t be familiar with them. I would also stay away from this topic as well because even though these animals you brought up are really cool, not everyone who see’s these animals will think so just because of how unique they are, but would rather have a pet that is normal and can be known to everyone what the pet is. A lot of your pet examples look and have similar characteristics to other more known animals that would have a better representation when brought upon players. So, I would stick around this topic to make sure players know what they are buying rather than just a random unique animal they know nothing about. So these are all topics you can go off of to better this idea, in my opinion.

1) Onto the idea of penetrating prices to newer pets being released. I honestly think this is a great way to approach this; however, I do not think this would be the correct move upon a new release on pets. Usually, when anything new comes out, players are going to want to get it because of the new item or whatever it is. Because of this, it would be better to either keep the prices the same on the pets or make the pets more expensive upon its release. You are going to have more people buy things that are new rather than old, so lowering the prices of these things just would not come into play for this, in my opinion.

2) Now, being able to use different types of pets in-game I am neutral for. Firstly, this would take a good amount of development time for the developers to implement a system to where other pets would be able to be substituted for things such as the beast master kit. I think that our Developers have way more important things to focus on rather than this to be done. I do not see a ton of problems this would cause being able to use them in-game, but that just depends on the different bugs this system would potentially create, unfortunately. So not too much to say about this topic except for the development time for this.

3) Finally, about the idea about lowering prices for players who have ranks and have reached a certain level on the server. I believe that there should be a set amount of mine coins for pets no matter the situation or rank/level you are at. There are perks for ranks and levels already, so this would just be an extension to this. I honestly just don’t think this would be necessary unless price ranges for ranks would increase which I definitely do not see happening, in my eyes.

Anyways, I really hope my feedback and reply helped to guide your idea(s) in a direction that you may see now after reading this. Thanks for suggesting!

Posted May 23, 2020
  4. Thank you for writing reply and describing the problems that could happen if my ideas were implemented.
    I understand that not everyone knows about these animals, especially caecilians. I must also admit that in my opinion, it doesn't matter if the animal lives in water or on the land, well except fishes.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2020
  5. i just want to say that i dont like huge answers to questions that just use a lot more words than neccessary so let me say it in 20 words or less
    This is a pretty cool idea and gives a few more rank benefits, the pets in games is an idea that i would like as well..

Posted May 24, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  6. 1)My idea about a smaller price for people with expensive ranks wasn't made to give ranks more benefits, I mean yes you have a good point, but the way I see it is that this might affect the rank sales. Imagine that you want a rank and a custom pet, but you don't want to spend too much money and you find out that the people with ranks have to pay less for pets. This idea creates an elution of a good deal.
    2)I also hate long answers.

OP OP
  7. cool.. thats a 1 word answer hah!

Posted May 24, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  8. Destro, which animal did you vote for?

OP OP
  9. I thought I was reading some nat geo wild documentation.
    I don't think 12yos would know what a caecilian or a mud puppy is.

Posted May 24, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  10. In my opinion, it doesn't matter if people know about these animals. The only thing that matters is how cute or weird these animals are. I mean people like cute things,aren't they?

OP OP