• 357 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2936 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Newsletter Photography Competition

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by 510bike, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Hellooo!
    My name is 510bikes and I am one of the writers for the Mineplex Newsletter. For the upcoming edition of the Mineplex newsletter, we will be having a photography competition.
    The theme of the competition is Outdoors/Nature
    Entries will be judged based on the theme, creativity, and quality of the photo. You will only be allowed to submit one entry, so choose wisely!

Submissions will close on December 17th @ 12 AM PST
    The three winners will be announced in the next edition of the Mineplex newsletter, and will have their photo featured in the newsletter (Please only submit photos you are willing to let the public see).

Rewards will be distributed as follows...
    1st Place - 2 Mythical Chests
    2nd Place - 1 Mythical Chest
    3rd Place - 1 Ancient Chest + 1000 Shards

If you are interested in entering the competition, please submit this form here: https://forms.gle/iZkvhptiUts2HEbt6
    Best of luck! Please post any questions down below.

Please make sure the work you submit is your work only. Plagiarism will result in disqualification.

Posted Dec 9, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 9, 2019
  2. This is a great idea! I know they have done photography contests in the past but it'd be really great if they did more. I still think it'd be cool if they did it monthly with a different theme, or even once every 2 months. Thank you for doing this and I look forward to seeing the other submissions! :)

Posted Dec 9, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 9, 2019
    AceSJus, Evence and 510bike like this.
  3. Oooo this sounds like a lovely idea! I would also agree with @Look_Dan in that it would be nifty to have this bi-monthly with a new theme. We have a lot of creative and talented photographers and it would be cool to see their talent on the forums!

Anyways best of luck to everyone who submits a photo! Here was mine:

Riviére-du-Loup
    [​IMG]

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    Look_Dan, 510bike and AceSJus like this.
  4. YES! One of my favorite types of pictures is outdoorsy/nature pictures! I'm so excited to see who gets first, second, and third, their submissions, and the titles for them. I love the whole combination of pictures and titles chosen by the photographer because I feel like it gives the photo its own unique story. I'm a huge lover of art, but I'm not very good at it but I'm extremely excited to see the winners' photos for this month. As many may have seen in my responses to the past two newsletters, the Mineplex newsletter is something I get super excited about and look to reading every month (especially the art involved)! I love this. Sorry, over-excitement, , , /finished.

edit: wording.

Posted Dec 9, 2019
    510bike likes this.
  5. Thank you everyone for the feedback!
    As a quick reminder, there are less than two days left to submit an entry!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 15, 2019
  6. Hey!

As someone who’s an aspiring photographer, I really like this competition and agree that this should become a bi-monthly competition. Great idea!

Merry Christmas!
    ~Nick

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    510bike likes this.
  7. Great to see the Newsletter team is hosting competitions for its next issue! Can't wait to see who gets their submissions in! I'm terrible at photography but I saw a lot of people with quite some impressive talents already so I'm really excited to see the outcome of this. Good luck to anyone who's entering!

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    510bike likes this.
  8. I absolutely love photography, let alone anything connected to nature. It’s gorgeous and it looks amazing anywhere it is. Seeing it as a part of the Mineplex Newsletter is going to be awesome
    man! I can’t wait to see the winners and the beautiful pictures that they take! I know I’ll personally be entering! :)

Posted Dec 16, 2019
    510bike likes this.