• 308 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1599 Players Online
  • 1291 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Newsletter - May Edition

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by BlueBeetleHD, May 7, 2019.

1. Getting promoted to MOD twice in a month. Incredible!

[​IMG]

Posted May 8, 2019
  2. It seems like Luvli got promoted to Moderator twice in a month. I wonder how that's possible? :thinking:

Nice newsletter like always. Great job!

Posted May 8, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  3. Feedback for this issue will not be mentioning anything design related
    If you'd like to see my art + design related comments, please take a look at my comment on the February edition (but don't comment, necroposting and such) https://www.mineplex.com/threads/mineplex-newsletter-february-edition.25740/

Cover Page
    I'd love to see every year start as... well, a "Year", so like "Year 4, Issue 5" or something instead of the "Issue 44". I feel like that adds to the authenticity of the editions. I'll make a single design comment, sorry, but you really need to track (spacing of character groups) the words "Created by the Newsletter and Media Team" and kern (spacing between individual letters) the website link. These are small but glaring details that catch my eye when I look, and if I were a new reader (it's possible) I'd base my judgement on that or at least remember. So to recap, play with spacing and clean that up a bit. I won't be discussing the contents page, like I said I'm really trying to only give article and newsletter feedback here so that'll be a goal!

Clans Season 6 AND Caption the Image - @xUmbreon
    Clans Season 6: Thank you for posting the change log at the bottom of your article. What I'll say about this is I'd so much rather see a few of the new Clans Season 6 features being highlighted. Have images of the new hub, the new map, even making it interactive (in Adobe Acrobat for pdf's you SHOULD add multimedia files of features in video format!) That'd be super cool.
    Caption the Image: The word or forms of the word "creative" is used four times in a very short span, and it adds up quickly. I understand it's fun but I feel like the first two sentences and constantly saying "creative" is overhyping something that doesn't take long to submit and you don't hear about until a month later. That being said, the final sentence of your body text "Everyone is welcome to participate, so give it a try if you're feeling up to it" damages some of the enjoyment. It killed a bit of the positive, inviting vibe for me which is likely the opposite of your intentions here. Remove everything after the comma and make it an exclamation mark instead so: Everyone is welcome to participate!

I also mentioned your work below, xUmbreon.

These three are grouped together for the same reason:

Staff Milestone Interviews - @AGLThree
    Community MGMT Interviews - xUmbreon, not going to re-tag
    Content Creator's Council - @Enunciated
    So, AGL, Umbreon and Enun. These articles are text walls, but text walls with interesting content I want to read but struggle to because of so much text being squished together (it's also hard to read grey and orange on a dark color but I won't go into that). I'd rather see the newsletter be a bit longer because of articles being spaced out than have them condensed and in large grafs. If you've ever read any magazines, I know fashion zines are great at this, try formatting content like they do. Or try it out, see how it goes!

March/April Staff Statistics @HuskieALS
    This is a small thing because I'm not doing design comments, but Shiny is actually on his 5th year and I believe that means Pamphlet is on their 4th. If it's not too much, I'd be interested in forum accounts being hyperlinked for resigned staff (or any promotions too) to thank them for their work/congratulate them on the promotion or on joining the team!

Additional feedback:
    -Please stop adding exclamation marks after every article title, it's very extra
    -I also noticed there are too many exclamation marks in general, which really makes them less special
    -As said, embedding hyperlinks on the staff promotions/resignations pages, as well as media (i.e. images and video) on pages where new [live] content is being discussed
    -I need to say this - if you're gonna use two completely different graphics at the very front and very back, please make them a similar style. The latter should be used, while the former is very different from the pdf's background and flat style. It's also low-res.
    -I'd rather each cover be like a book cover with a cool illustration on the front. You'd keep the text but make the may edition into something cool or just place it on a drawing. Otherwise it looks like you're really pushing to fill space and that becomes noticeable!

Thank you to the Newsletter and Media Team for this issue as well as reviewing feedback, it means a lot :)

Posted May 8, 2019
    Tobias, Midoriya, Vocaloiid and 5 others like this.
  4. Awesome newsletter once again, and sad to see @SnowyKitty leave.

Posted May 9, 2019
  5. Definitely +1 on this idea, maybe a cover like a magazine kind of thing? So, for example, you could have all of the different sections and their page numbers outlined on the cover, so that if people want to skip to a certain section, they can do so. I know that this is already in the newsletter, but a more colorful and unique design would really make the cover more interesting every time, and it would certainly leave me excited for the cover the next month.

Posted May 9, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  6. @Iscariot
    Thanks for the feedback! I’ll be discussing this with ssnip and then the NL team.

@Marhzy
    Should be fixed now.

Posted May 9, 2019
    Iscariot and DietSnowLOL like this.
  7. As always the whole team has done a phenomenal job at creating this newspaper!

Posted May 10, 2019
    StephenCries likes this.
  8. ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED

Posted May 10, 2019
  9. Heya!

As always, the Newsletter team has outdone themselves with this issue of the mineplex newsletter. Of course we did miss the April newsletter, but it's finally here so, yay! Very interesting content and I loved all the staff interviews found in the newsletter.

~maple

Posted May 10, 2019
  10. Outstanding!

Another great edition to the Mineplex collection of newsletters. Thank you Newsletter team for filling our eyes with tears and joy!

Posted May 10, 2019
    Enunciated likes this.
  11. Thank you guys so much we all appreciate the stuff you have done hope you can do a lot more cooler stuff to get more people's attention

Posted May 12, 2019
  12. Oh yay, a two in one newsletter. I found it particularly interesting to read what TeaSpiller and Stxne had to say about the Content Creator Council. It's a smaller team that a lot of people haven't heard of or know a lot about, so it was great to showcase that. Overall, great job to everyone :)

P.S. Kippy_'s haiku is the most relatable poem I've ever read.

Posted May 13, 2019
    Enunciated likes this.