• 1069 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3668 Players Online
  • 2599 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Newsletter - March Edition

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by BlueBeetleHD, Mar 18, 2019.

1. What exactly is SM. I know that NL is newsletter team, but I've never heard of SM/

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  2. Social Media

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  3. What does SM actually do...?

Posted Apr 28, 2019
  4. You can learn about different Sr. Mod teams here.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
    Snowwii likes this.
  5. I mean you could have just told him up front.
    They manage Mineplex's social media outreach essentially.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
    Jkaebub likes this.
  6. No there will not be an April edition of the newsletter. The May edition will be longer or something like that to make up for no April edition.

Posted Apr 28, 2019
    Jkaebub and Snowwii like this.
  7. Aaaand now there's now May edition, fantastic

Posted May 4, 2019
    Snowwii likes this.
  8. [​IMG]

Posted May 5, 2019
  9. I would have thought that by skipping a month you'd at least be able to get the May edition out on the first ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted May 6, 2019
    RedditCredit likes this.
  10. Wouldn't it be better, instead of posting a meme about the situation, have a leader of Social Media or Snowy herself address it?

Posted May 6, 2019
    Iscariot likes this.
  11. I've tried to offer extensive, meticulous feedback to the newsletter in the past and it's been brushed off every time, but please take this: if you're going to skip a month and proceed to be late for the next one, that should be addressed by the people running it. At least have something, even on social media. I'm unsure what social media is posting, I don't follow them, but the last thing created on the page is from a week ago. That aside, it's irresponsible to not announce these things. I understand leaves happen, but this is a part of the team and should be brought to attention for the community. If you want transparency, what the newsletter is meant to be doing, start with telling us if an issue is being skipped or will be late. Thanks, best wishes.

Posted May 6, 2019
  12. Hey guys! No, I'm not Natalie or some member of Social Media but you asked for transparency, so you got it! I will be speaking on behalf of Natalie & the rest of the NL team (I have been there for every issue discussed in this thread).

1) This month's Newsletter is going to be ready and it's going to be available for you all to view as soon as possible. There's certainly been a delay and we have acknowledged that-this should be all covered in our upcoming thread.

2) For feedback. @Iscariot we did listen, however, the changes you had mentioned, we simply couldn't incorporate into our Newsletter in a just amount time. Furthermore, much, if not all of the changes that were recommended had to involve the formatting and layout of the Newsletter, something that isn't directly in our control and goes to Tortelett, who develops and formats the Newsletter. This too includes the jurisdiction of the Social Media team, where they decide if such feedback is suitable for change. However, in due time, we will make sure to forward that feedback to the appropriate individuals (if they had not read it already). Note that feedback doesn't always guarantee its incorporation.

3) Transparency: It appeared that one of our fellow Newsletter members DID decide to be transparent, but when he had, it wasn't enough for you guys--it had to be from someone on the above, higher hierarchy. Which in my opinion makes little sense, we all work collectively as a team and do our share amount of work that ultimately contribute to the Newsletter. We are also receiving much structural change within the Newsletter team which is why it was difficult to really have a "leader" to establish their own set of transparency.

4) We never created a thread for the inactivity, because believe or not, we kept believing that we would be releasing the Newsletter soon enough. Ultimately that never came and we have to pay the price for it. Once again, this will be discussed in our thread that will come along with our Newsletter release. Our editors are back on the job, as well as new content, and that will all come in due time.

Posted May 6, 2019
  13. It makes perfect sense. If an update was planned for a certain time and it doesn't meet the deadline. Would a mod be the one to come out and say it won't be coming out for a while? No, a member of the admin or leadership team would. The leaders should be the ones admitting that mistake, and not pushing their members to do the announcing work for them. The members weren't at fault.
    --- Post updated ---
    Then actually reply to him and acknowledge that he's being heard. Banksy / Iscariot was the first head of the Newsletter Team back when it was created, and he cares very much about the team and how it goes. He wants to give his personal advice as a past member of Newsletter and would like to be acknowledged that he'd being heard by the team, and that his feedback is being listened to. That goes for basically any member who suggests feedback, people need to respond back and acknowledge that they took their feedback.

Again, I'm not blaming newsletter team since I know they work very hard on every article. I'm blaming the lack of self responsibility NL leadership and Social Media are taking for this, and not directly acknowledging it like they should.

Posted May 6, 2019,
    Last edited May 6, 2019
    xLeopard likes this.
  14. I appreciate NL members communicating with us through this, but it seems all you have is excuse after excuse. Just admit that you guys messed up and move along. I've seen Snowy get agitated over the matter too when it's seriously not that big of a deal. I just want you guys to understand our annoyance. Your one job is to get one newsletter out once a month. That should not be a difficult task if you have the proper leadership, but I get it, everyone makes mistakes. Please just admit to it and we can all move on to the May edition once it's out.

Posted May 6, 2019
  15. Again we work as a team, and as said, we are also receiving much structural change within the Newsletter team which is why it was difficult to really have a "leader" to establish their own set of transparency. You're going to have many questions answered in our upcoming thread along with the release of the newsletter, which will explain delays and much more.

I'm aware of Bansky's past experience, and as far as I know, the appropriate individuals who were informed of his feedback simply couldn't form the time to either implement the change or take it into consideration.

I agree, and I did just admit to the mistake (see: end of previous comment). We're aware of what's been going on and are currently working effortlessly to prevent it from happening again.

Posted May 6, 2019
  16. Then couldn't have Social Media responded, the oversight of the team and the next in command?
    Then please say "We can't take your feedback because this and this". It does not take long to make a forum post, and whoever those individuals were could make the time to appropriately respond to that feedback. Whenever a post was made to give feedback to GI or describe the issues, someone from management was always there to respond and take in their feedback. Why can't the same be done here with Social Media?

Posted May 6, 2019
  17. I understand the frustration, but just be patient-everything be clarified in the upcoming newsletter. This is simply beating dead horse.

Posted May 6, 2019
  18. Fine then, but I'd like Social Media or Snowy to admit themselves that they've made mistakes. They need to take self responsibility of this issue and not place it on the Newsletter members. That's all.

Posted May 6, 2019
  19. @Vocaloiid @xLeopard

We are well aware of the frustrations that this may have caused. This will not happen again. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. However there will be a statement addressing all of your concerns, so do not worry. The next newsletter will be released as well soon.

Posted May 6, 2019,
    Last edited May 6, 2019
    Emilie, xLeopard and Vocaloiid like this.