• 305 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5486 Players Online
  • 5181 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Newsletter - June Edition

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by EmmaLie, Jun 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I honestly always enjoy these Newsletters and look forward to them at the end of each month. I personally really liked this edition of the newsletter and can’t wait to see what next ones brings! Keep up the great work!

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  2. haha, thanks for this. Such a lovely read.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  3. Really enjoyed reading this month's newsletter, can't wait for the next :D

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  4. Another great edition!

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  5. Hey!
    As always, I really enjoyed this month's edition of the Newsletter! The interviews and updates are what keep me coming back each month, excited for new content. I particularly liked the staff statistics page, (not cause I'm on there or anything) and can't wait for next month's. Good job everyone!

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  6. I always enjoy to read those newsletters:)

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  7. I loved reading this month's edition and the nostalgic screenshots were amazing so hats off to @Spoiler for putting that together for everyone.

Really fun working with Neo to take the screenshot for caption the image of the Western Theme this month too - I hope people come up with some interesting captions! Props to anybody who can figure out where Neo is hidden in the photo too :)​

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  8. Hey Ian,

I understand your interest in keeping art relevant and having that play into the cover image that goes out with the Newsletter each month. If you have any suggestions, ideas, or plans apart from suggesting that we change it, I'd be more than happy to take them and work with you to find something to replace the cover image! The current image remains the same because we have found that producing something that is uniform and consistent in appearance does go a surprisingly long way, or at least it has been in the recent past. That's not to say that we're not open to change, but rather, it's to explain why we have not continued to try to shake things up each edition as we did when we were working on making major changes to the design for a few editions or so. Right now, the cover art does a good job ensuring that it's actually relevant to the fact that it's a Mineplex Newsletter. I would be open to seeing people's thoughts on new cover art, but we have found in the past that it can be difficult to walk the line between embracing creativity and change, while also still ensuring that we're staying relevant to the fact that it's a cover image for the Mineplex Newsletter.

I'm currently not planning on instituting a submission system, though I'd be open to having my mind changed. I don't think that we would be getting a particularly steady stream of submissions and even within the pool of what we've received, I'm not sure how many of those would be eligible or appropriate to use as official cover art. I would definitely like to see suggestions related to cover art, or just art in general, but I don't think a submission system would necessarily be the best way to go about it and I'm not sure that it would be particularly effective.

My Discord tag is Jared#5278 if you want to discuss more on Discord and potentially offer some examples/detailed suggestions of what you'd like to see replace the current cover art or any strong but relevant visuals that you'd want to see thrown in!

- AGLThree, Newsletter Lead

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    fanbehavior and xGetRekted like this.
  9. Amazing newsletter once again!
    I especially loved the screenshots of past memories :)
    Perhaps that's something that should appear more

Posted Jun 4, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  10. Awesome newsletter...I especially enjoyed reminiscing on the older pictures...I only wish that the Clans release had been included. Can't wait for the neXt!

Posted Jun 4, 2020