• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Newsletter - December Edition

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by BlueBeetleHD, Dec 5, 2018.

1. HeyItsAdam

HeyItsAdam

GI article = best article :yeehaw:

Posted Dec 6, 2018
    Veans, Wiz_Techno and Vocaloiid like this.
  2. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

Ah alright. Thank you though!

Posted Dec 6, 2018
  3. Zipppo

Zipppo

This months newsletter was great - the whole team always does really well to keep it interesting to read. I really enjoyed the interview with some of the prominent members of GI. It was cool to learn a little more about the sub team and the work they get up to that impacts the community. Also, the pet section was too adorable. As mentioned, the pet lover club on discord is always filled with cute pets so if you're looking for more I'd definitely check it out - It was really nice to see some features from that area this month.

I wish the best of luck to those entering the short story competition, and as always I'm already looking forward for the next edition!

Posted Dec 6, 2018
    Enunciated and _Prof_ like this.
  4. Wiz_Techno

Wiz_Techno

GI Team Best Team.

Posted Dec 6, 2018
  5. SaucyStyle

SaucyStyle

Looks great as usual! Excited to explore the lobby for this area :)

Posted Dec 7, 2018
    _Prof_ likes this.
  6. Sickle_

Sickle_

Another great newsletter! As usual thy look amazing and I enjoyed the content! I was just wondering if the guess the location is effected by the Christmas lobby?

Posted Dec 8, 2018
  7. mentimjojo

mentimjojo

Awesome!

Posted Dec 8, 2018
    _Prof_ likes this.
  8. TeaSpiller

TeaSpiller

Heyo!
    Once again another fantastic read, I gotta say I really have been enjoying the team overviews recently since it gives the community/staff a more in-depth bio. of the new team members, I can't wait to see what the NL team does for their next article (hard to believe when it comes out it will be 2019!).

~Cheers

Posted Dec 8, 2018
  9. French_Kangaroo

French_Kangaroo

Heya, overall I found this months newsletter quite entertaining, I enjoyed the StM promotions and the pets of Mineplex the most, but the whole thing was pretty awesome! Once again this months newsletter was great and I'm excited to read next months one, that being the first one of 2019!! Keep up the great work!

Posted Dec 9, 2018
    Enunciated, _Prof_ and Joiined like this.
  10. footballfrog438(Acaulis)

footballfrog438(Acaulis)

Great newsletter as always. Although all the articles were amazing, my favourite has to be the "Pets of Mineplex" section, I would love to see more features like this in future newsletters because who doesn't love pages of pets.

Keep up the great work guys!

Posted Dec 9, 2018
    _Prof_, Enunciated and Zipppo like this.
  11. Enunciated

Enunciated

Nope! Just guess where you think it might be :)

Posted Dec 9, 2018
    Sickle_ likes this.
  12. RoeiHardCool

RoeiHardCool

cool

Posted Dec 9, 2018
    Dye likes this.
  13. Iscariot

Iscariot

My feedback is nitpicking, I won't delve into every page with this. Just offering design comments.

-As much as I like Newsletter Dark Theme, I feel that black text on lighter color backgrounds would be easier to read - I understand the palette choice though

-I'm wondering how pages would look with the people being interviewed/paragraphs leaded at least one spacing

-I'd love to see different (but subtle) changes in the typeface weighting
    -Example: Instead of doing it all in Regular, if you had Medium and Heavy added you'd be killing two dragons with one bow
    -It would save having to use Italic and Bold, and also establishes that extra bit of hierarchy for a presentation with increased readability

-Also, if you're justifying headlines to the left, having the subtext for writers/editor's names be flush-right is a bit strange
    -We read top to bottom left to right so I see where you're coming from, but having both to the left would be a little adjustment to possibly help

-Last thing is the Pets page. Don't sacrifice content placement for page count with this
    -If you need to add an extra page so images aren't jumbled, that'd be an improvement in my opinion

I'll finish by saying I'm not trying to undermine work of the Newsletter and Media teams. I deeply apologize if this comes off differently than intended. Specially to Tort, this looks great and has for the past years. Keep up the great work, I'd be interested in seeing what is made of these suggestions. And in relation to the entire team(s), well done on content. It's relevant and enjoyable for the community!

Posted Dec 10, 2018 at 5:09 PM
    Dva, Dye, _Prof_ and 4 others like this.
  14. Dye

Dye

Awesome newsletter! I think I found the area :3

Posted Dec 10, 2018 at 9:17 PM
  15. MrKhaotic

MrKhaotic

I really find it great you guys are doing this. It lets the community know what's going on not only on the server but with the staff team as well instead of keeping us in the dark. Bravo!

Posted Dec 11, 2018 at 2:18 PM
    Dye, _Prof_ and Enunciated like this.