• 1599 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8617 Players Online
  • 7018 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex needs reform

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Brewingcreeper, Jan 2, 2021.

Tags:
?

Should Mineplex reform

Poll closed Jan 9, 2021.
  1. Yes

88.9%
  2. No

11.1%
  1. I don't know where you got this number from (citing it would be much appreciated); however, I'll just run with it.

~3,000 subscribers, each paying 6.99 a month (we're assuming every single one of them pays monthly, and does not purchase the annual, semi-annual, or quarterly subscriptions- which obviously isn't true).

3,000 subscribers multiplied by $6.99/mo gets us $20,970/mo.

And, just for the fun of it, I'll calculate these numbers for quarter, semi-annual, and annual subscriptions.

Quarterly:
    3,000 subscribers multiplied by $18.99/(3mo) gets us $56,970/(3mo).

Semi-Annually:
    3,000 subscribers multiplied by $36.99/(6mo) gets us $110,970/(6mo).

Annually:
    3,000 subscribers multiplied by $69.99/y gets us $209,970/y.

Notes:
    Currency is in USD
    Prices gathered from mineplex.com/shop
    Shown Work:
    [​IMG]

I have no idea how much running the Mineplex Network (Java ended) actually costs, and I don't even know where to begin to start generating assumption-based hypothetical figures in an attempt to somewhat answer that question.

-Dan

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    Fusafez and ARareBlackBear like this.
  2. there's a thread miningcreeper made about it in server discussion

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  3. [​IMG]
    on this thread - https://www.mineplex.com/threads/mineplex-server-stats-year-in-review.178559/#post-623974

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  4. Purely Agree! I remember when I used to play on bedrock all the time, which is the larger and better mineplex platform. Bedrock mineplex had me hooked, and I played nothing but it. I'd still argue mineplex is the best bedrock server. Coming to java, I mostly played mineplex but I was pretty shocked by what I saw. The amount of killaura users and flyhackers that went by was astonishing. I had previously wondered why everyone hated mineplex on java, but that kinda made me realize why. For that reason, I switched to hypixel and I don't play mineplex java unless i just wanna relax and play some dragon escape. I think they should just put down java outright, and not even keep it up anymore. It's a dying dog thats simply not worth saving. Today bedrock had 5x as many people as java, which goes to show that Mineplex has outgrown its days on java. Java may be dominated by hypixel, but bedrock is free land. If we just abandoned java and focused on bedrock, we could do wonders. Hell, if we do well enough maybe we could go back.

Posted Jan 12, 2021
  5. That’s how you remove half of your devs and anger the community beyond repair. Removing Java edition is a terrible idea.

Posted Jan 12, 2021
    Fusafez and yvuggu like this.
  6. I definitely agree that Mineplex could use some sort of reform. As ezlee said it's been a bit stale for a while and something new to freshen things up would definitely be good.

Making all developers full-time just unfortunately wouldn't work. A lot of people who apply for developer (or people who are developers already or have been) are currently in school or have other jobs, and making them full-time would not be fair. I don't really know too much about what goes on behind the scenes here though so I can't really make a comment.

Sticking to one version isn't really the best idea either. Focusing on one platform over another would just be wasting time. Bedrock is more popular than Java, yes, but if we start neglecting one platform it would just cause issues within that community of players. I do agree that more developers as a whole would be useful but hiring is easier said that done.

I have watched a couple of these videos that you mention and while yes, I agree Mineplex is past its prime, completely taking these videos and believing them word for word isn't really the best approach. Brayden brings up a good point in how a lot of these videos stem from feelings of bias from a couple of bad experiences these players had on the server. While of course negative experiences should always be examined and dealt with, saying the entire staff team is corrupt because of a few instances is a bit silly. If a staff member isn't performing up to standards or if they do indeed abuse their powers, then they will be dealt with, simple as that. These videos do bring up good points, points that should definitely not be overlooked, however they are indeed biased in some areas. These videos pretty much only highlight places of frustration on the network which is why they can seem to paint Mineplex in such a negative light.

Lastly, I completely understand your frustration with these types of players. However there really isn't much you can do about them. Mineplex has indeed lost players for a lot of games and usually the only players left consistently playing are those who are really good at the game and use it to grind wins. That doesn't just go for Mineplex, but for all other games with a fading playerbase. It's simply the reality of the situation and unless there's a large spike in players that stays consistent, there really isn't anything you or I can do.

Posted Jan 12, 2021

7. This right here is the truth. Intel Edits is a former mineplex veteran, and in my opinion this video explains what happened to Mineplex. Corrupt Staff/Admins have nothing to do with what happened.

Posted Jan 12, 2021
  8. Yeah it is sad to see that one of my favorite servers just became a not fun server to play on. In My opinion Mineplex just doesn’t want to change things a lot, don’t want to update every gamemode (yes I know that we don’t have much dev’s, but like some gamemodes really have to wait years and years) and much toxicity going on in the server. Etc. Aka enough reasons for me to not stick around as much as I did in the past. I bet more players do the same thing

Would be cool to know from the dev’s which Gamemodes atleast gets an update and in which order they will come. But that will probably also never happen...

If someone would ask me how Mineplex could be better? I would say to the java dev’s (I only play java): stop giving us seasonal updates for a while (so u guys have more time for other things). Update the gamemodes that didn’t receive much updates first (, yes it maybe would be a time waste or not but that could result into players coming back or even reviving that gamemode). I think many players (even when your favorite gamemode doesn’t get updated) would appreciate it and maybe see it as a sign of hope to stick around more often.

To RC I would say make this server less toxic and REALLY more family friendly. First of all get rid off all the possible taunts in the game that isn’t friendly (example of a possible toxic taunt; “this game is too easy”, (name) is too skilled, etc.) (example of a friendly taunt; the heart taunt or the snowball taunt).
    While many people say to me and to others: “The reason why we have taunts is to taunt other players”. I am very confused why a server would have taunts, it would lead into negative results. Which I have experienced many times on the server before. While others see it as a joke, others could see it as rude...

And yeah.. if I would run a server I would never do that on 2 platforms, but only one. The reason for that is just it cost too much work to keep it going. As Mineplex is experiencing it right now.
    Not many dev’s is a big problem so it’s not weird that some people say make Mineplex 1 platform and later when they do have a bigger succes on one platform make it two platforms again.

Anyway I do agree with some points u made, but I just highly doubt the leads of Mineplex do want to reform Mineplex.

Posted Jan 13, 2021
    maevestarbaby, Fusafez and Paladise like this.
  9. Mineplex makes money based on other players toxicity (much like many other games.) They want you to be toxic so you buy the highest rank and get access to all these toxic emotes and taunts. They are not removing them anytime soon.

Posted Jan 13, 2021
    Paladise and Arshaad_73 like this.
  10. i see u everywhere spreading all this idiocy that mineplex is all toxic and parties are ruining the game. bro can you just be quiet and sit somewhere else, you're literally blaming losing on other people being good.

Posted Jan 20, 2021
  11. "alter stories to bash or hate on the server." Dude. People don't go out of their way to bash a dead server. Majority of authors that in your words "bash" Mineplex grew up on Mineplex like myself. Its honestly sad that you throw any criticism out the window by saying these creators and authors straight up telling you what you are doing wrong are just trying to create a false reality. Mineplex's inability to adapt and LISTEN led to the overall death of the server.

Posted Jan 20, 2021
  12. Speed Builders is a great game, Champions is dead, Clans is basically any other factions server with champions built in, CTF is more than dead, and Mineplex removed castle siege from the public.

Posted Jan 20, 2021
  13. +1 for this. I really wouldn't mind not having special seasonal updates for times like Valentines Day, St Patrick's Day, etc, if it meant the hours were being put into something the community really wanted. Although those updates are fun, the resources need to be put into something else while everyone is asking.
    I agree with this too. Games like SSM need huge balance updates as well as Mineplex Classics (Champions, Domination, MS). I just know their focus isn't on these games because it's more important they satisfy the current majority of players as they have big communities - Cake Wars. But I still believe others should be heard too.
    I don't agree with this. Players were suggesting the idea of taunts for a long time before they got considered, all different types. LT and Developers gave them what they wanted. I would hate to revert the idea, I can see some players getting frustrated over it. Good rules are in place to keep the toxic-free and all that can be done is enforce rules onto players that break the rules over seeing these taunts or adding their own comments while using them.

I do think calmer taunts can be added though in a future cosmetic update, rather than hunting for more grey area ones like the ones you listed. But I don't think any should be removed.
    With over a couple thousand active Immortal subscriptions, I don't think money is a big issue. Plus, I'm sure budget cuts were made to keep with the Java playercount (the most obvious one I can think of is merging all of the servers into one) and rising Bedrock one. It is working fine - but there do have to be more hired developers.

Posted Jan 20, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  14. They asked for original games, not how popular games were

Posted Jan 20, 2021