• 385 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4523 Players Online
  • 4138 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex needs reform

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Brewingcreeper, Jan 2, 2021.

Tags:
?

Should Mineplex reform

Poll closed Jan 9, 2021.
  1. Yes

88.9%
  2. No

11.1%
  1. I know for many years no offense Mineplex has been the laughing stock of Minecraft multiplayer for years and I've been thinking for around a month or two about how Mineplex can become a little more popular and can become bigger than it is now. PLEASE DON'T HATE ME FOR THIS!!!

1. Make Developers full time or put more time and quality into their work.
    2. Focus on one verision of Minecraft. Part of the reason Mineplex fell behind on java was because they split the development team into 2, one for java and the other for bedrock edition. Both Dev teams need to fix the lag issue then the anti cheat and remove dead dead games.
    3. The owners need to shape up I watched many videos on why Mineplex lost the Hypixel-Mineplex war and when it did Mineplex got abusive staff and the owners don't even play much let alone ask what the players want and they're/used to be in it for the money.

4. You can't do much about this problem but sweats. When people join a server for the first time they usually want to see people having fun and not sweating just to see their stats go up and Mineplex is kind of small compared to some other servers so in every game you're most likely going to see a sweat and flawless new players.

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    Starx280 and MaybeMulti like this.
  2. I don't agree that Mineplex should stick to 1 version. Bedrock does leaps and bounds better than Java but Java is where Mineplex's diehard fanbase resides for the most part, giving up either would be a mistake especially considering how other large servers also have both versions.

Posted Jan 2, 2021
  3. Yes they need full time developers but i don't think that they are willing to spend money on anything.
    They shouldn't focus on 1 version because then the other one would fall behind , and the versions use 2 different programming languages so i don't think it would work.
    Yes the owners and the high ups need to shape up . They need to form a better marketing team since this one is useless.
    The problem with sweats could be solved by having more players . Then the density of sweats in the games wouldn't be so high. And of course , bringing new players is a job for the marketing team , which they are obviously failing at.

Posted Jan 2, 2021
  4. I can agree with the one version thing I never said get rid of one.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 2, 2021
  5. what

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 2, 2021
  6. Hey!
    I'm a bit confused on how this is reform and why this would necessarily be good.

Your first point is a lot easier said than done. Keep in mind that developers are employees and that meaning they are paid, unlike moderation staff, like me. Many aren't able to work full time, and I'd much rather have part-time developers, then just not having them. I know, that if I was told that I had to work full-time hours on mineplex as a moderator (assuming I was paid) I would simply have to be fired. I'm not disagreeing with the idea that full-time developers are bad, but it's just a matter of finding developers who can work full time. Talking about the “quality and time put into their work”, these simply do not go together. I much rather our development team put out good, quality updates (which in my opinion, most of them are) than bad, incompleted, rushed updates.

For your second “reform” I don't think this would be a good idea. Firstly, while they are similar, if you visit jobs.mineplex.com, you'll notice that things are a bit separated. Not all of our developers are qualified, or employed to work on one version over the other. This leads me to my second point being if we did say focus on one platform over the other, it's not doing much but just delaying work. One platform will fall behind, and later require much more work, and while that platform falls behind, it results in a lower quality product. I know that I’d prefer both platforms to receive the same, as you aren't eliminating any work, you're just delaying it and creating a lower quality product on one side, while the other side is much better.

For your 3rd point, when you watch these videos, as I've seen many of them before, please recognize these are coming out of an extreme place of bias. Many of the authors of these videos have had a negative experience on the server and usually will alter stories to bash or hate on the server. It's unfortunate, and it's difficult to see how the stories they will sometimes describe are twisted to create a false reality. Don't get me wrong, there are moments where servers have drama, and overall negative events and moments, and these, are unfortunately always going to happen on any server with popularity. On to the other thing you mentioned in this paragraph, the leadership team hears you, that's why we have a subteam for it. Community management has the sole job of relaying what the community wants to the leadership team. Sometimes it's hard for only a few people at the top to take in all feedback, that's why we have a subteam to help with that. I’d also like to address the mention you made about the owners, and I think you're a bit confused about what they do here. Owners have the sole purpose of essentially running the business side of Mineplex. Just because they don't always log on or are active with the server doesn't necessarily mean they aren't doing anything.

For your fourth point, I understand that they can be annoying, however, you need to also recognize that they are just playing the server as well, trying to have a good time. There's not much Mineplex can do as a server to get rid of “sweats” as they aren't doing anything wrong.

Overall, I appreciate hearing your feedback, and I hope I was able to clear up a few things.

Posted Jan 2, 2021
    nooby32, Mr.Cardyceps and Fusafez like this.
  7. These threads are made all the time but no one really cares about them; nothing will happen

Posted Jan 2, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 2, 2021
    Alex lol, Heroup, launu and 1 other person like this.
  8. Hey,

I may not be for all of the ideas listed, but I do agree overall the network as a whole needs some sort of reform or revamp. At the moment things seem stale. We need something new to freshen things up here at Mineplex. At the moment it looks like it's on the same cycle it's been on since I joined in 2017. It'll be nice if overall the network had a giant revamp. Of course it'll take a lot of time but other than that it doesn't look like anything will change.

Posted Jan 3, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 4, 2021
  9. Hi good post yes I'm bored I'm basically just replying to every post I see at this point

1. Honestly idk but all I know is SSM is in dire need of an update so honestly if this is what it gonna take for that to happen, then I'm all for it Edit: Ok so I finally figured out what you meant by this. I don't think it's a great idea for devs to be full time. I think that working full time for Mineplex is an awful career choice, even if you're getting paid. So I don't think it's fair to force devs into a full time position when they're better off only working part time AND having another job that has more potential than working for Mineplex.

2. No offense but I think minecraft bedrock is utter trash. I have java and win10 edition. So comparing them side by side, Win10 edition is way clunkier than java and I honestly hate the GUIs and just the way that movement and pvp is. It's awful imo. But for some reason, bedrock is more popular, so Mineplex really can't afford to lose it. But java is more fun to play on so Mineplex is gonna continue with both.

3. Honestly idek what to say about the abusive staff/owner drama. I mean, I kinda think that some of the punishments are stupid, but then again, I'm not the best person to talk about this because I never got a punishment more severe than a warning. I also think that some of the youtube vidoes about this are misleading in some ways and I don't trust everyone that speaks up about staff corruption.

4. I agree, sweats are not fun to play with sometimes. But we cant do anything about it, sweats have just as much right to be here as anyone else. So like we can't get rid of them. But I think the main problem is Mineplex doesn't do a good job of appealing to newer players. So the only players that stay are the ones that are actually really dedicated to the server, but as it turns out, literally every sweat falls into that category. If Mineplex appealed to more people, then there would be more average players that are actually fun to play with instead of only high level sweats.

Posted Jan 10, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 10, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  10. @Brewingcreeper
    BRUH... You should try to add more arguments and reasoning next time.
    1)Mineplex is likely to lose popularity if it will close the Bedrock server as huge amount of Mineplex's auditory are small kids, playing on their mobile phones or iPads. Mineplex will lose a huge part of their revenue that they get from selling skins, ranks, pets and other stuff for Bedrock players. In addition, two teams means two differently specialized groups of programmers. Yes, they might both know the required programming languages, but to different extent .
    2)"Abusive staff" Well, this isn't that easy to deal with. First of all, not all staff members are evil. Second, while it would be good for devs to have level 100 as it would improve their image, it is not their primary task. "Make Developers full time or put more time and quality into their work." So what do you choose? Constantly playing devs or constantly working devs? By the way! I almost forgot about the abusive staff thingie! Perhaps, the best way to deal with them is to report them. They will easily lose their privilege and will be demoted.
    3)Good luck with elaborating and showing your reasoning! I'd actually love to see it.
    P.S. Have a nice day & stay safe!

Posted Jan 10, 2021
  11. Wow a staff that doesn't post generic answers but speaks truth, this is rare

Posted Jan 10, 2021
    happily, scarlands, Starx280 and 2 others like this.
  12. 1. that's just not possible. Part-time is the best they can get atm and I know some developers would probably leave if they were to work full-time because they have other goals, jobs, or aspirations that don't include a non-booming minecraft server. I am all for hiring new developers though, they don't hire that often from applications anymore. I wish there were more people interested in becoming a developer, or if mineplex hired developers externally for one-off projects instead of keeping them as employees.

2. Bedrock is the successful platform of mineplex, in terms of playercount, however Java is also successful in a sense that a fantastic community was built there and it is the root of MP. Removing either will cause immense backlash.

I am all for the idea of removing dead games and cleaning up the network though, as I'm sure many other players are. Unfortunately these threads do not do much.

3. Mineplex is a business after all, so I wouldn't be surprised if Owners are here for the money, it's just how it goes. They don't have much to do with the network, it's Leadership that are more involved. Whether the staff are abusive or not I can't comment on; there is bias and things but that doesn't hinder the community or projects.

4. Sweats are unfortunate but there's not much than can be done other than adding PvE games or solo grind games like Skyblock onto Java. Survival does really well on Bedrock and it would be really worthwhile adding into Java also.

Posted Jan 10, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  13. Nothing will make Mineplex what it used to be. Hypixel in many aspects is just better.

Tell me 5 gamemodes on Mineplex that they didn't basically snag from Hypixel and change...

See the issue?

Even tho tbf, blockhunt is way better than prophunt imo.

Posted Jan 10, 2021
  14. Speed Builders, Champions, Clans, CTF, Castle Siege, etc.

Posted Jan 10, 2021
    Arshaad_73, Danese and Fusafez like this.
  15. Actually... You're not wrong, point taken.

Posted Jan 10, 2021
    Danese and okDamien like this.
  16. SSM

Posted Jan 10, 2021
    Danese and okDamien like this.
  17. I'm not sure how all the financials break down, but I can't imagine that they are able to turn enough of a profit from Java to support hiring more developers or dedicate more from their current team. HiveMC has a similar player count and does not profit from their Java server, so they had to completely revamp their infrastructure and remove some of their oldest games. Java servers are much more expensive to run; they claimed it costs the same amount to host 4,000 Java players and 25,000 Bedrock players, so even with lots of subscription donations, I would bet that Mineplex has the same issue.

Hypixel's biggest advantages are simply their player count; would a new player join Mineplex or a server with 50 times as many players? Right, most people would gravitate to the larger server. The owners would need to spend a lot of time, money, and resources to start to breathe life into Java, and from where they stand with the Bedrock server, that wouldn't be a great decision.

Posted Jan 10, 2021
    manovra likes this.
  18. Does anybody actually know how much Mineplex is making from Immortal? I've heard some decently sized figures...

Posted Jan 10, 2021
    Fusafez and StyxKiller03 like this.
  19. There's about 3000 subscriptions, so you can do the math.

Posted Jan 11, 2021
  20. Mineplex hiring full time developers? Don't be ridiculous, doing that would cost money and mineplex does not spend money. Do you not think the dev team look at youtube videos about the decline of mineplex in an attempt to save it? One easy way to deal with sweats is to add matchmaking based on mineplex level. The reason why this isn't a feature already? It's work, and it probably won't make an instant profit.

Posted Jan 11, 2021
    Gardening_Tool likes this.