• 258 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2284 Players Online
  • 2026 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mineplex Mondays

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Vytas, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Hello!

I do not know if this was any thing like weekend brawl, but it kind of reminds me of it a little. I like this idea overall, and see how it could bring players in this weekday.

Usually, not a whole lot of players actually play during the day on weekdays. This Monday xp boost could bring players to Mineplex to get that extra experience needed to level up. Even though it could interfere with the amplifier system I feel like that would be a simple fix some how some way. Another way to bring players to Mineplex on the weekdays would be to maybe add a double shards weekday and a double gem weekday. This could definitely bring players online when players usually aren’t. As I said before, this kind of reminds me of the weekend brawls when those where happening, and those actually were successful for a certain amount of time. So I would not see a bad side to adding days like these to get players online during the weekdays!

Overall, I love this idea, and think it could make a great addition to Mineplex. As it would bring players online when a lot aren’t usually online currently. Anyways, to keep this short I will be giving this idea a +1. Thank you for suggesting!

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  2. Hi!

I like sort of like this idea, but there is just one problem with it. People would only join Mondays, and not any other time of the week if they want free double xp.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  3. Hey!

This is an interesting idea! I like the fact that one day we could earn extra exp, gems, and shards! It would motivate the players to play on this specific day to boost their stats. My only concern would be, maybe Monday is not the best day to have this event? On Monday, many people are busy with work in real life, and it can be hard to have free time on this day. Maybe we could move this day on Wednesday or something? Or, a day that is closer to the weekends? "Mineplex Monday" sounds very cool, but it may be easier for the players to have this kind of thing another day in the week.

Another issue that comes to my mind, is the different timezones the players have. We have all different timezones and some people start their Mondays when other people are ending theirs. It would be unfair to those who have a huge time difference compared to the server because they wouldn't be able to play as much as those who have the same timezone as the server.

Overall, I like the concept of this idea, but we have to solve these issues. We could probably test the idea, and see what works best. I'll give your idea a +0.5!

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  4. Hey! This would be a cool thing to implement. I think this would make people want to play on Mondays for that double XP and like mentioned this could bring back old players. However, they would only join on Mondays so for the rest of the week they may not be online. Also, if this was implemented this would make high levels less rare wich could frustrate some players if they have worked for their high level.

Mondays might also not be the best choice of day to do this. Most people are at school/work these days so there won't be as many people as there could be on weekdays. Maybe something like this could be implemented on days like a Sunday? Personally, I think it would be nice to end the week on double XP.

Despite all this, I would like to see this implemented on a different day.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
    510bike likes this.
  5. It devalues them because they are then considerably easier to obtain.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  6. Hello,

Although I would like seeing double XP implemented for special events, I do not think it should be a weekly, scheduled thing. If this became something that happens consistently every week, it would become less and less special each week, defeating the point of the feature. When double XP is put on, it is almost always spontaneous, without warning, and for an unknown duration. This is what makes it so appealing to players: we all feel that we should capitalize on it before its over. Having a scheduled day for this every week would take away that appeal and desire to play double XP when it comes out.

In addition, this would make obtaining levels very skewed and unjust. Having this on a single weekday would mean that those who are available on that select day each week will be able to use it, while those who may be busy or unavailable on Mondays would be left out. I bring this up because, when double XP occurs, it is usually either on a weekend or for an extended point of time that is not a single day of the week.

Overall, I would love to see double XP used a bit more and for different scenarios, but I do not think having it on a set time, for one day each would benefit the server or maintain appeal to the players. Thank you for suggesting this, but I am going to give it a -1.

Have a nice day!

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  7. huh...?

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  8. I'm not a huge fan of this idea. Having a double XP day 4~ times a month seems slightly excessive to me. Double XP is supposed to be a treat for players. It's like a getting a present around the holidays. If this were to be implemented every single week, I think that it would devalue several aspects of the game such as the leveling system and Leaderboards. This would also not entice players to play on Mineplex during the holidays when they have more free time. Around Christmas and New Year's this past holiday, more players were online during peak times in order to participate in the double XP event going on. If players begin to expect double XP 4~ times a month, they're less likely to log on during these peak play times.

I do like how you've chosen for this day to be on a Monday, though. Lots of players dislike Mondays due to the fact that it's the beginning of the school/work week for many people. Having something like this would give them something to look forward to at the end of their long Monday. Many players may also not be able to play every Monday, too, and I think that this could be a good balancing effect.

My suggestion would be, if this idea were to be implemented, that it only be twice a month. That way, players still have something to look forward to but an overwhelming amount of XP is not being distributed out every single week.

Posted Jan 16, 2020
  9. I'm neutral on this idea.
    I don't think having double exp for one day a week would too to much to the leveling system. It would definitely help people out a bit, but I also don't think it would reward people too much to the point where leveling up becomes easy and pointless. Looking at some of the replies, some people think otherwise so maybe having it as bi-weekly would be a good idea. I definitely think it would attract players to the server which is nice.
    I think I'd rather see it implemented during Saturday/Sunday. like @iMedia said, people are typically busy on the weekdays. Mineplex definitely has more people during the weekends, so i think it would be more beneficial to implement it on one of the days I said above.

Posted Jan 17, 2020
    iMedia likes this.
  10. Heyo!
    Interesting idea. I would have to point out that some people (kids) that make up the mineplex playerbase may have strict parents, which only let them play on weekends, but this could also let the other types of kids, gain exp and easily catch up with the other children. Off the fact of children, this could also be a very good idea, so people can simply gain exp easier. So overall a + 0.5
    Cheers!
    ~Sean

Posted Jan 17, 2020
  11. Hey,

I think this idea is pretty interesting. As a player who currently has here and there activity, I would totally be attracted to playing on the server more regularly on certain days if there was a 2.0x experience boost.

However, I have a suggestion to the idea that might make things a bit better. Instead of having the 2.0x experience boost go across all games on the Mineplex Network, it could instead apply only to 1 different game each week. So one Monday the 2.0x experience boost can apply to Survival Games, to encourage more players to try out that game-mode, and then the next week it can apply to Cake Wars (etc). This might prevent levels from being as "de-valued", as players can't farm the same high experience game every week in order to gain levels, and also may encourage people who might play only the same game on the Network to try out different games.

I can totally see the value of this point. If a universal Network boost is applied to every game on the network, it would certainly devalue the concept of a double experience event. However, if the 2.0x experience boost only applies to 1 game per week, then there would still be significant hype for a network double experience weekend (etc), as players would have the luxury of being able to grind out their favourite game whilst gaining double experience, instead if a random game every week.

Posted Jan 17, 2020
  12. If this were to become a thing, it would be much better to happen on weekends instead of just Mondays. That's when people are most likely to play. However, I disagree - it's currently something you can sort of anticipate for holidays. I'd rather have it be a special thing like it is currently versus something that happens every week. So in general, leaving a 0 on this because it's a good idea, just not having it as common would be better to me.

Posted Jan 22, 2020
  13. Hey!

To be honest, I'm 50/50 for this idea, I really like the idea however I feel like it could make leveling up a lot less of a challenge which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it would mean that it's not as competitive getting to level 100. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jan 22, 2020
  14. Hi there!

I love this idea! I think that it will have a pretty big impact on the server, and would attract a lot more players, thing is though, if it's only on Mondays, what if on Monday, there were so many players, but then any other day, there would be half of the number of players, this isn't my biggest concern, because I totally agree with this idea! This, I think would be a really good thing to add to the server! :D

Posted Jan 25, 2020