• 1371 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8130 Players Online
  • 6759 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mineplex Mondays

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Vytas, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Mineplex should enable double XP every Monday in order to encourage players to visit the server every week, and they could also add a weekly reward for coming back every week similar to the daily rewards we have already.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  2. I would love to see this being implemented because I honestly struggle a little leveling up. I actually just got to level 60 with the help of the most recent double by speeding up the process. If it weren't for it I'd probably still be in level 59, lol.
    Anyways, I really like this idea because like you said, it can encourage players to visit the server more often in order to level up. It can also encourage other players who haven't reached level 100 to reach that milestone and get all the rewards you receive by obtaining each level. I do think though that instead of it being on Mondays, it should be on Fridays or Saturdays due to the fact that many of the players have school on that day which doesn't give them the opportunity to fully benefit from the double XP. I would also say that instead of it being every week it should be every other week to prevent it from becoming so easy to level up. It should be a challenge for players so they don't get bored easily once they reach that level 100 milestone. Nonetheless, great idea! (:

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    M4RK7000 likes this.
  3. this would be a great idea! i think carl the creeper is a bit strict about having to log on every day, so maybe this would be a great substitute! +1 :))))

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    stinkiy likes this.
  4. hmmmmmmm

Posted Jan 13, 2020
    gzen likes this.
  5. Hey!
    I'm kind of neutral on this idea for a couple reasons. One main reason I'm against it is we still want to make reaching higher levels hard so when you finally reach it it makes you feel really good about all the grinding and time you put in towards reaching that goal. I do think there are some positives to this idea as well. I don't particularly think that It will necessarily bring players back/increase the player count, however that is a unique way to present the idea. I do agree that if this idea was to be implemented that it would have to be on a non weekend day where it still makes it kind challenging to reach level 100. Overall I just don't agree with this idea. I think that maybe adding double XP once a month would be good and not OP I just think if we did it once a week it makes it too easy to gain levels.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  6. I think this is a pretty decent idea, but I agree with epicbuider435 on it being to over powered and to easy to rank up. Maybe instead of double XP, double shards, or like a 50% boost of shards, just to make everyone's Monday a tad bit better. Also maybe implement the boost of shards or XP to only a certain game that changes every Monday, pushing players to try out different games.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  7. Disagree with having exp boosts that frequently. Devalues levels.

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  8. yes
    yes
    yes
    yes
    yes

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  9. Great idea had to say yes 5 times to compensate for everyone else who doesn’t think this is a great idea. :)

Posted Jan 13, 2020
  10. Hello,

I personally believe this is a great idea. It'd be awesome to see this being implemented alongside a weekly reward for players joining back every week. It does get hard to level up sometimes and enabling double XP can help players level up quicker instead of it taking 24h+ to level up one level of consistent gameplay.

I hope to see this implemented,

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  11. Definitely a more intriguing, yet simple idea. Mineplex levels have often been good motivators to play during a certain time, so enabling double XP on Mondays is a good start. The reason why I don't think it's too much is because there used to be more frequent double XP weekends (once or twice a month), and having one day in a week give double experience translates to a biweekly double weekend, which is not that OP especially since it's happening on a workday.

With that said, this idea could be used to host weekly challenges, events and all sorts of activities that could bring the community together and brighten the players' Mondays. Awesome idea, +1

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    itsLuhi likes this.
  12. Not sure if this is a good idea, like @Fall I think this will end up devaluing levels since they'll be easier to achieve. I think something like this would be better as more spread out, like maybe double EXP for the 1st day of every month or something.

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    Cheezeburgerfan and itsLuhi like this.
  13. Sounds pretty epic. I'd do that for sure, sure levels would come quick but for new players it'd be a good enhancement to their experience. I'd be up for it :)

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  14. Yeah, honestly this is a great idea and I'm sure other players (including me) would love it :P

Posted Jan 14, 2020
    SomeRqndomName likes this.
  15. I really don’t have a big problem with this. It’s one day out of the week, and as someone who even during double XP only leveled up once I can say that it’s won’t really be too much of a big impact on people’s levels in a negative way. Even though it is a lot of XP, at the end of the day it’s not that much extra XP. Additionally, this would provide a pretty nice incentive to actually play the game and get people on the server.

However, even though I don’t think that this would impact XP too much, I think double is a bit too much and possibly a smaller multiplier would be something we could pull off without making people feel like it’s unfair or not right. Maybe a multiplier of x1.50 extra XP would be something that would do the same thing but make people feel like they’re earning their levels more.

Anyways, good idea!

Posted Jan 14, 2020
  16. Hey!

I'm sort of on the fence with this idea. On one hand, I definitely think that this would attract new players to the server and keep old players coming back, and I also think that Mineplex definitely needs additional opportunities to gain XP faster. The recent Christmas double XP event was a breath of fresh air for Mineplex and its players, and I definitely noticed that the player count spiked during that time period. However, I feel like if this was a weekly event it would make getting level 100 too easy, and it won't become much of an achievement to be really proud of anymore. I also feel like Monday is a really obscure day and while I appreciate the alliteration I'm not sure too many players would even be able to be online that day.

I'm going to give this idea a +0.5. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  17. Heyo!

I like this idea a lot but like many people have said above, this would make getting levels so much easier to get and gain so much xp in a week. Though I really like this idea, I really want level 80 and it takes me a while to level up and doubling the xp every Monday would definitely motivate me to play a bunch of games to earn xp and level up! Though it could arise problems and make a lot of people angry, though I'm going to give this idea a +0.5! Cool idea!

~Cheers!
    -spikecreates

Posted Jan 15, 2020
  18. Hello,
    Your idea is off the chain. I would love to see those old players come back to the server. Mineplex does need XP boosters, just like other servers. I think this is outstanding because like @Crazyy_Tim said, December 2019 gave players fresh air to the new players due to double XP.
    I'm going to give this a +1 due to the excitement.

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    CrazyOfTim likes this.
  19. At first thought, this is a great idea. Free levels (or whatever LOL) But this would devalue levels like @Fall said, -1 from me

Posted Jan 15, 2020
    Cheezeburgerfan likes this.
  20. You are totally wrong here. Levels don't devalue because this idea would still keep the level-up requirements.

Posted Jan 15, 2020