• 346 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8784 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Mineplex levels 101-200

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by tikal the echidna, Sep 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The level 100 discord made a document of their suggestions a while back, it can be found here. I personally like the doc more as it's more versatile and has a much longer time before we have to completely rethink it.

Posted Oct 4, 2018
    KilledByVoid likes this.
  2. Sure it's more versatile and I agree it's probably a better idea, it has a much shorter time frame before we have to rethink it.

Posted Oct 4, 2018
  3. This sounds pretty interesting, you might consider also making it "prestige" where you start back at level 1 (instead of going to level 101), but you have something like a star or symbol next to your name as you have already maxed to level 100 once (the xp would be doubled though as you mentioned for leveling up, from level 1-2 it would be 1000xp instead of 500xp). This could even continue for levels beyond 200 with each new "level 100" giving you another star next to your name.

Posted Oct 8, 2018
  4. Prestige for 101-200s was something looked at in the past but is on hold as it is not at the top of the development priority list. However, production will look into this when they want to do a levels update. That being said, thanks for the idea, and if you have any questions about this feel free to message me.

Posted Jul 25, 2019
    doeo and Sakeusi like this.
  5. -Honestly, to any moderators who may be seeing this, I'd hate this so much. I've been on MP since 2014 and I'm a mere level 75 and at my projection, I'll hit level 100 in about 2-3 years at this rate.
    -Granted, when I get a job (because nobody wants to hire a 16 year old) I'll be able to get a computer that doesn't dip down to 10 fps mid fight and get a mouse that has all its hotkeys in working condition...
    -Regardless of all that, people like me and many others have worked a lot to get where we are and adding more levels is like climbing the empire state building, yet while you were climbing at a snail's pace they added more floors and now when you get to the pre-establish height you can't feel like you've actually completed something.
    -As a matter of fact, this "unlimited levels thing" is one thing I hate about -snip- (don't snip that please) and is another reason why many people (Including myself) feel as if Mineplex is the superior server or at least in that dept.
    -And yes, I know that this is a highly demanded thing among level 100's, but, If you want to see yourself as better than other players, grind away at a game and get atop the leader boards. I honestly do believe that people should be rewarded for being at the top of the leader boards for the past week, month, year, etc., but don't away my victory when I finally get it.
    -For all those who want more levels, but don't like my leader boards system, why not make it to where every 300-500 thousand XP you get a new reward or rare cosmetic that you don't currently have.
    -And I won't be going anywhere once I reach level 100, because I fully intend to have a Minecraft YT channel and make MP my main server.

Just Please Don't Ruin Me.

Posted Jul 25, 2019,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jul 26, 2019
  6. We do not need any new features we need them to improve anticheat as fast as possible while not devoting most of their time to useless stuff like this.

Posted Jul 26, 2019
  7. There's a developer solely for the anticheat now, so we don't have to worry about the split in dev time in that way.

Posted Jul 26, 2019
    Silvyyy likes this.
  8. Only one? Seems like a lot of pressure to put on one person lol feel bad for that person seeing as the community is hammering down on the current one

Posted Jul 26, 2019
  9. Well, currently. There can always be more if more happen to apply.

Posted Jul 26, 2019
  10. Alright well good luck to that single developer!
    --- Post updated ---
    May not be useless, as it would give players who are already Level 100 a new reason to play games instead of for the fun of it, rewards could be bigger and for 200 who knows maybe a discount code for the first player to reach it? This could bring back old players who since left the community and may bring them back to try and be the first to reach Lvl 200 or add a rebirth type option where you get double gems and double shards upon the rebirth type option completion (Would require lvl 100 to rebirth)

Posted Jul 26, 2019
  11. What do you do with people who are already close to or passed level 200 though? We can use the exp values Jet gave at the start of this thread to see what exp would be needed to reach level 200.

By my calculations, you will need 32,017,500 xp (32 million) and currently nwang888 is at 36,266,402 (36 million). If levels 100-200 are added what happens to the excess xp that players have earned?

I'm not saying the xp rate that Jet proposed should be final but this is my calculations. Currently there are two people who are over this 32 million exp mark, but others are not far behind. So what do we do about this?

~ Zom

Posted Jul 26, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.