• 365 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8803 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mineplex KitPvP (trying to make it unique)

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by CupAWup, Sep 20, 2019.

?

Kitpvp?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  1. I think there should be an mp kitpvp, but it should be really unique since we don't want it to be like any other minecraft server.

There is a spawn protection zone where PvP is disabled. You can’t get out of it unless you select a kit.

Maybe every Saturday, Friday, and Sunday there can be a Mage mode where all kits have rage ability/get buffed with cooler abilities.

All kits will have inventories full of soups/special devices/swords, and armor.

There should maybe be a KOTH event every 30 minutes or so. In the KitPvP koth, you have to stay on a hill for 35 seconds (the event is 10 minutes) or stay the longest on the hill within 10 mins. The map can maybe be like 100x100 with decorations (and sky bases). Kits should cost gems which are easy to get, and every kill gives shards/gems/xp and more with a killstreak. 3 seperate servers will be on if mp gets a lot of players per map.

You can duel with players with kits and go to a seperate map with only the duelers doing /duel. Betting for gems/shards is enabled but you don't have to bet (If you lose, you will lose what you bet for
    and the winner gets double the bet (hopefully this doesn't promote gambling). There will be party duels which if u do /kitparty, will invite someone to a party which if they're in means theyre invited to a duel. the leader of the party can make it teams or solo duels. Duels can also be found in mps's/com mcs's. To start the kit party duel, do /kitpartduel and you can put solo or teams there. For example, to do a team kit duel, do /kitpartyduel teams, and /kitpartyduel solo for solo matches. For teams, it will take you to an mps like place for 10 seconds where you can do /team <player>

Of course, mineplex is a minigame server, but what about clans? I dont see a reason to not fit a fun game due to wanting to stay fit to a minigame server.

For the kits, I think I will put them from the game idea I made called Assassins.

These first few kits (i will add more soon) are from the game idea Assassins.

Cost: Free
    Armor:
    Leather Helmet (Dyed Red)
    Golden Chestplate
    Golden Leggings
    Leather Boots (Dyed Red)
    Your iron sword has Sharpness 1.
    Receive one TNT every 8 seconds. Max of 3. If you right click them, they do some damage and knock back to players that come near and up to 8 damage. They explode though at touch.

Cost: 1000 Gems
    This kit has a full black leather dyed leather set.
    You have Diamond Sword too.
    When right clicking, you give people a 2 second bleed effect to whoever you strike for 5 seconds. The cool down is 10 seconds. The bleed gives 1 damage per second.

Cost: 1000 gems.
    You get a brown leather dyed cap, chainmail chest plate, chainmail leggings, and a chainmail sword.
    You get a horse to run from players. You also have 1 pot in your inventory that will only heal the horse. You get it again after 6 seconds. After placing your horse and riding it, the cool down after placing it is 20 seconds (If you ride your horse for more than 20 seconds the moment u dismount u can ride it again). You have a spawn horse to summon a horse. Also, your horse has iron horse armor.

Cost: 2000 gems.
    Armor: Red Leather Cap
    Golden Chestplate
    Iron Leggings
    Green leather Dyed boots.

You get an iron sword. Right click your diamond hoe to summon 10 zombies and 15 skeletons all with leather armor. They also can survive for a max of 10 seconds. The cool down is 15 seconds. This works in distracting others so it’s hard to attack you,

Cost: 2500 Gems
    Armor:
    White Leather Cap and Boots.
    Iron Chestplate and Leggings

You get an iron sword.

When you die, you respawn only having a black leather cap and black leather boots. You get fly and invisible for 5 seconds before respawning. Also, when respawning you only have 7 1/2 hearts.

Armor: Blue Dyed Leather Helmet
    Diamond Chestplate
    Purple leather pants
    No boots.
    You have an iron sword.
    Right clicking your sword will release a snowball known as color bomb which shall blind people for 3 seconds if they come near the bomb (this only works for enemy team). They also get Slowness 1 for 5 seconds.

Armor:
    Iron Helmet and Chestplate, Leather Leggings and Gold Boots.
    You have an iron sword.
    You have a blaze rod called zapper which right clicked, will shoot out a particle line which if it hits someone, gives them slowness 3 for 7 seconds.

Cost: 3000 Gems
    Armor:
    Gold Chestplate, Helmet, Iron leggings, leather shoes.

You have an Iron sword, which if right clicked, will give your armor protection 3, Thorns 1, your sword will have Sharpness 2, 20% chance of giving fire (won’t give sword Fire Aspect), 30% chance of knocking players with knock back 1 (not enchant) for 7 seconds. The cooldown is 10 seconds.

Kit levels will also be a thing but just in tiny buffs and not like going from leather to diamond armor in bedrock cw a long time ago. For example, maybe Zapper kit could give slowness for 7.5 seconds instead of 7 and have a chance of giving KB to the player though I don’t really see a use in the KB part

Also this should maybe be like Ultra+ but you would be able to do /spec so that you can fly around the map but you’ll still be visible on tab. Also when spectating, PvP is obviously disabled. However, you have to not take damage or get hit for 5 seconds do spectate to prevent people trying to keep good stats. Also, /spawn has the same condition too (/spawn takes you to KitPvP spawn).

There should also be a title/prestiging thing for the kit upgrades. There are up to 10 upgrades a time. You have to purchase upgrades using “kit coins”, a currency earned by killing players. Upgrading will unlock a title showing what kit level you are. For example, if I had Soul kit level 7, it would say”1 Soul VII”. Prestiging will put a number before the kit name. You can prestige up to 30 times. After each prestige, upgrades cost more kit coins and you’ll reset your upgrade level. Prestiging makes you earn more xp, shards, and gems by using a kit. And it is 30 prestige’s a kit

Also, above can work as a lobby game. There can be a KitPvP FFA but it should be big, big enough to have a spawnpoint as suggested by @AndrewRG10

Posted Sep 21, 2019,
    Last edited Oct 3, 2019
    Segwat likes this.
  2. Hm,
    Not really sure about this one. You did mention that you would like Mineplex to add a Kitpvp to the server though you want it to be unique. I'm a fan of Kitpvp but I would also love it if they added duels to it also so it's not like some other servers where you just jump straight into a PVP arena and fight a large number of players at once. If Mineplex really wanted to add something like this they'd need to upgrade their servers so that It would have the chance to handle all of the players that would be joining Kitpvp. Anyhow it does sound like a pretty interesting and unique suggestion, this is the first I've heard about a Kitpvp for Mineplex. Good job and I'd love to see more from you.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    FriendlyShep and CupAWup like this.
  3. Hey!

I do like kitpvp but it isn't what Mineplex needs at the moment. Mineplex needs a huge game that takes time and you can grind on it in order to receive a higher player count.

Maybe in the future this could be added but adding more smaller games to Mineplex isn't needed at the moment.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    CupAWup and Mattt720 like this.
  4. Hi there!

This isn't what Mineplex is, or needs at the moment. Mineplex is pretty much, a minigame server. Clans is an exception to that. The entire love of Mineplex is for short term games to be shown a lot more, for fun. I enjoy this. I do love PVP, but Mineplex isn't for long term games. Sorry, I dislike this idea.

Posted Sep 21, 2019
  5. Saying this, do you mean as in a huge minigame or non minigame?
    --- Post updated ---
    Maybe there can be separate servers each with diff kitpvp maps. Also, /duel is enabled (I forgot to add bets). Also, if you search KitPvP as a tag, there are 2 other threads related to it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 21, 2019
  6. I like most of it, except 2 things.
    Every 5 minutes? I would not think so. Maybe every 30 minutes.

And my second thing, is that this doesn't have much uniqueness. Besides Fridays/Saturdays/Sundays Kit Buff, and the commands, and a few more things, then this is just common in other servers. You need more uniqueness added into this to make this people want to come and play it. The only thing I find truly unique is the kits.

Hope I helped! PM me if you have any questions/concerns I said in this.
    Have a good night!

Posted Sep 21, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  7. Yeah, I am not so sure how to make this more unique but at least the kits are. Im thinking of adding more event games or maybe even a tiny Mixed Arcade dedicated to KitPvP. Of course, its still not enough to make let unique. And I will make it every 30 mins.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 22, 2019
  8. It isn't a bad idea but I do struggle to see how popular it would be on Mineplex. Mineplex does minigames and not continuous never-ending games. This would be quite similar to the Champion games where you continuously head out and fight.
    The alternative is to put this in the lobby like the gladiators in the lobby right now but instead allowing several people to continuously enter in and fight.

Posted Sep 22, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  9. Yo,

I don't think KitPvP would be a good fit with the current games we have. Most of the time, KitPvP as a game mode has an entire server dedicated to it or only has 2 other game modes available to play. With a bunch of games already competing for player count, a game like KitPvP, where it requires a large number of players playing it consistently to be fun wouldn't work well in my opinion. Additionally, we already have a game mode that is like KitPvP, but unique and we've had it for a long time, Champions. Overall, I don't think this would be a great addition and would become forgotten soon.

Posted Sep 23, 2019
    Kyuine likes this.
  10. Heyo!

Personally, I am not too fond of a KitPvP game mode. This would have to be a separate game like Clans, and would require a lot of time and dedication towards it. I don't see too many players in need of a game mode like this, and there already is basically a KitPvP called Champions (as Augend and Andrew stated above). I don't feel as though it would receive the playercount desired for something like this, so I'd personally have to disagree with your idea. However, I appreciate your effort put into this thread, and also how you tried adding a cool unique twist on it.

I'd love to see bugs and gameplay improvements as of now opposed to new game modes, but certain games I am all for. For now, I'm going to leave this at a -1. Amazing idea though, take this as feedback and hopefully I helped!

Posted Sep 23, 2019
    CupAWup likes this.
  11. If you really want to pvp with kits with your friends. You can go onto an mps and play champions dominate, CTF or TDM! Im pretty sure it’s available on bedrock too.

But keep up with your great ideas!

Posted Sep 23, 2019
  12. CTF/DOM isn’t available on bedrock and TDM was removed but yeah I think Champions May be why this has been previously denied but I’d like to have a go

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 23, 2019
  13. Oh gotcha. I didnt know ctf and dominate were not available on bedrock. I don’t really play bedrock much.

Posted Sep 24, 2019
  14. I’ve tried making it bigger so it takes time to grind by adding prestiges to it
    --- Post updated ---
    I have added a prestiging system to hopefully receive some good feedback
    --- Post updated ---
    I think it would fit good as a lobby game probably if it doesnt get enough players.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 3, 2019
  15. As many have stated above, it wouldn't be Mineplex. I feel like it's too many servers with KitPvP, and having it here on Mineplex wouldn't make Mineplex that special anymore even though with a few twists.

I don't think that Mineplex would prioritize this anyway.

Sorry, but I'm giving this a -1

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  16. I was originally thinking in making it in solo duel games but with a twist to it but that would be a ripoff of TDM and would be more of a “solo death match”.

PS I’m quite confused why the prison idea game by @Tylarr ever got a -1 since many games have prison and seems to keep the same aspects. Well I never played prison much so maybe it’s extremely different.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 4, 2019

17. Oh, I see. A solo death match could be something, yeah. I think that the concept of the game is good, but as Mineplex usually do, is to make it a little different, but I think that it can be something like you've suggested!

About the Prison game, I think that having Prison on Mineplex could be cool with some new features or twists to make the game more special, and I think that your suggestion about these solo deathmatches can be a fun game with some cool features as well.

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  18. I don’t think Mineplex really needs a kitpvp game mode right now. This is due to the fact Mineplex is doing well without a kitpvp server. We also have many modes that are kind of like kitpvp but not actually. The staff team may add a kitpvp mode if they see it’s needed but I don’t think it will be anytime soon!

Posted Oct 4, 2019
  19. I disagree with all these "KitPVP is not what Mineplex needs" comments. KitPVP is a fun gamemode that no server is complete without. I also agree how it would need to be unique and to make it fair for all players, not just people with ranks. I was thinking like an old server that was extremely popular back in it's time but got sold to someone else Everybody could use all the kits and you could buy the more OP kits with money (gems). I think KitPVP would be a great addition to Mineplex although this is just my opinion and everybody's different and I respect everybody's opinions. Have a great day! :)
    --- Post updated ---
    --- Post updated ---

Posted Oct 10, 2019 at 3:56 AM,
    Last edited Oct 10, 2019 at 4:02 AM
    fxolan and CupAWup like this.