• 270 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2354 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Kitpvp (My idea 2.0 version)

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by CupAGhost, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Intro:
    This is a revamp of a previously deleted thread of a previous kitpvp idea I had. Kitpvp is normally an FFA usually but I want to add a twist to it, so its like group battles in an FFA basically.

General Gameplay:
    In the beginning you are put in the training zone. It has a few practice commands. One example should be called "Comboer" which is like a command list for a bot. A zombie is affected by this. You can give commands like /ability (kit) which uses the main ability of a kit, or /strike (number of times the mob uses its sword). /bow (kit) should also exist for some bow kits. After training, you must fight the kit boss who has all the abilities at his disposal and should have 500 health. After this, you can make a "Warrior Group" or join one. No rank is required to make one. There are also titles and achievements. Joining these groups come in 4 groups like a com: Open (no invites or requesting), Request to join, Closed, or Invites only. In these groups they can join the kitpvp FFA but since its a group, nobody can attack each other and Warrior Group battles exist and there are combat points which will get elaborated in elaboration. There are also duels which I will also get to.

Elaboration (Splitting parts to get a better understanding and more parts are in here):

Training:

You have 3 commands or 4 at your disposal depending on what kit a zombie (the mob affected by the commands), which are /strike (number of times the mob should slash its sword and sword speed is 7.5 cps), /bow will only be for kits involving a bow, with the command /bow (number of times it should use bow and 1 sec cooldown between shooting), /ability (kit) which will use your kit's main ability. If you die, you will respawn at the near the zombie NPC in a 25x25 area. You can go there any time.

The boss:
    When you feel like you've done enough training and ready to fight the Master Boss, who has all kits at their disposal and has 500 health, and does high damage. There are also high rewards but after defeating it, the rewards will be 10% of what it was before to prevent farming. The boss gives out 1000 shards, 3000 xp, and 1500 gems. The boss does 3 damage more on melee, and any other abilities.

Warrior Groups:
    These are groups that members can go in and out of. When joining a kit FFA, they can't attack each other. There is also a Warrior Chat for plans/strategies where you have to put a dollar sign before your message. Teaming is allowed, only if the player you team is in your group. /w join (warrior name) can help you join a warrior group.

Combat Points:
    Combat Points are a thing that you earn from killing players and lose from dying. You can't have negative points and appear as a suffix on the end of your name showing your points. You earn 15 points for killing (gets 5% higher every time you get a new number on killstreak) and you lose 3 combat points for dying/streak restarts.

Warrior Group Battles:
    You can choose to battle anotherr group with this, however there shouldn't be more than a 25% difference in points as that would make it unfair. /wc will make you chat with your people in your groups, /wca will be able to make you talk with your allies (/w ally)

/duel, /partyduel:
    /duel is a command where you can duel anyone you want. You can duel anyone you want. /partyduel is where you can duel as many people as you want. Both give you 10 seconds to choose kit.

These are the possible kits for this game. No soups will be in.

Armor:
    Golden Helmet
    Red Leather Chestplate
    Chainmail Leggings
    Gold Boots

Ability: Burst! (Gold axe):
    You throw out a black wool block with a bomb implanted and if its right clicked again, it explodes, in its targeted sending fireballs down to the 3 block radius around the wool block. This has a cool down of 8 seconds. Each fireball does 5 damage.

Armor:
    Iron Helmet
    Chainmail Chestplate
    Iron Leggings
    Diamond Boots

Ability: Survival Pack
    This provides a list of things you can use for a situation. Switching requires right clicking, and using requires dropping (Q button) just like the villager in SSM.

Survival things:

All of these things have a 10 second cool down

1. Medic Pack:
    You instantly gain 2 hearts.
    2. Shield:
    For the next 1.5 seconds, you won't take any damage.
    3. Compass:
    You can use a compass that will locate players if you're near.

Power ups:
    Power ups are a thing (idea came from @_Prof_) that will have crystals spawn randomly around the map, and anyone who collects them will instantly get 15 hearts max, and revive to 15 hearts.

Shop:
    Shops can be used to buy things (combat points is the currency for it) like crates, and kits. Crates have free kits, ETC

More coming soon!

Posted Nov 7, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 17, 2019 at 1:41 PM
  2. Hello,

There isn't really any need for this as there is gladiators in the lobby where players can verse each other, they can take turns and play each other as well. However, I see how people would like to 2v1/2v2 people in a more open space so I do see where you're coming from with this idea. I don't really think this is needed as for where you've mentioned bows this could be equivalent to OITQ.

I like the idea but I don't really support it but it'd be nice to be seen, +0.5

Posted Nov 7, 2019
    CupAGhost likes this.
  3. Hey man! Honestly, I don't think mineplex needs a kitpvp gamemode. We already have gladiators, which can be played in mps and in general games. I also don't think giving players the ability to summon mobs using a command is such a good idea, they'd probably find a way to exploit this.

This also doesn't seem much like a kitpvp theme, kitpvp is usually FFA and not in groups. Really though, it just seems like a pvp gamemode but team vs team like a redrover. Redrovers would be fun, but I doubt mineplex will ever add that it's more of a 1.7 server type thing.

Posted Nov 8, 2019
  4. Heyo!

This is a great idea but as @BlackConfig and @Passengers said we already have gladiators. So I think you should make it a bit more unique in its own way m

And what mobs are you fighting? I still don’t get how this is kit pvp since your technically only fighting mobs and you need permission from someone to fight them. Also what happens if you die? Do you start over or just lose your stuff? And also you said that you use a lot of commands (correct me if I’m wrong) and some people are slow typers and this would mean there at a huge disadvantage. And also are there achievements?

overall I’ll give this idea a +0 hope to see some changes in the future. Have a good day!

Posted Nov 8, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 8, 2019
  5. Hey!

To me, this is kind of a practice kitpvp where you are spawning in mobs and fight against them. It could be cool to play this with your friends, but I don't think that this would really fit into Mineplex. We already have lots of PvP games to practice your skills, and there's already a lot of Minecraft Servers who have KitPvP. Yes, this is not exactly KitPvP, but I don't think that this would be played that much. Fighting against mobs and bosses is something that we can already do in the seasonal games, and if we could do this in a permanent gamemode, it would not be that fun whenever it's a seasonal game on the network.

Overall, I don't see this as a game here on Mineplex. If you could include more details into this game, I'll reconsider my decision. For now. I'll give this a -1

Posted Nov 8, 2019
    CupAGhost likes this.
  6. @CupAGhost this is a great idea! But since we already have gladiators and such games like that, there rlly isn't much of a need for this gamemode to be added to Mineplex. Summoning mobs would not really be such a good idea, since as stated above, players might find a way to cheat and exploit this in a timely manner.

Posted Nov 8, 2019
    CupAGhost likes this.
  7. Gladiators is basically a fight to the top 1v1 game. Kitpvp is like an FFA but I am adding a twist here. Also, spawning mobs have been removed, but I do not see how this can be abused, except spawning so many that it causes lag or something like that, but at the same time, players are in a seperate training zone.
    This is not a mob fight - thats just for the training zone only and not for anything else and isn't what this should be about. There are groups which can work together to fight
    You're not fighting mobs, you have a zombie affected by a list of commands who you can practice with, and at the end, you can play with others on your game. I put what happens when you die in training zone, and when you die in the Team FFA, there should be a spawn with spawn protection with you like in normal KitPvP.
    I removed the ability to spawn in mobs but how can it be exploited? Spawning thousands of mobs causing lag? And its not like team vs team, since you can go separately and not all people of your team are inactive, and only one person can be active in the group at times if it doesn't have a lot of players. Group battles are the only place where its 1v1 and what is RedRover?
    The part where you mentioned bows isn't like OITQ, since certain kits have bows, and in training zone its for practice and I think some people may want to play in KitPvP as there are kits, and I wouldn't really say Gladiators is so similar.
    --- Post updated ---
    bump

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 16, 2019 at 11:33 AM
  8. Nice idea, but I think that we could just upgrade Arena mini-game. It is almost the same thing as the one mentioned. We just need to add more bosses, maps and something that would increase the chance of surviving to continue fighting. We could also add a shop with power ups that you can buy for emeralds in the hub. You can also add new kits like resurrector who can return back one player during the round and his ultimate/super power lets him resurrect everyone. You can also add a special lobby for this mini-game and you won't need to worry about time because YOU choose when to join. You can also buy cosmetics for gems and upgrade kits and weapons in the hub.
    --- Post updated ---
    Oh, and you can also tame monsters and each one will have its own abilities and stuff: spider would allow you to climb, but blazers and skeletons would be able to shoot at you, skeletons would be able to shoot and zombies are just a bait, by the way you can take only one pet/mob, but if you chose zombie you will be able to take 5 of them.

Posted Nov 16, 2019 at 11:47 AM
  9. Mineplex can really use a game like this to bring in some new players. There is no game where you can just PvP constantly as you are eliminated after death. I like the basis of the idea but more clarification is needed and there are better approaches to some aspects:

-At what amounts does defeating the boss start at?
    -How much damage does the boss deal?
    -Why not just use the team chat since warrior groups can form alliances?
    -How much combat points do you earn from kills/wins and lose from losing/dying?
    -To increase the finesse of duels, add some methods of healing or else the game would end too quickly.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted Nov 16, 2019 at 1:00 PM
  10. Oh, and you can also tame monsters and each one will have its own abilities and stuff: spider would allow you to climb, but blazers and skeletons would be able to shoot at you, skeletons would be able to shoot and zombies are just a bait, by the way you can take only one pet
    --- Post updated ---
    (Actually this part was written before previous comment and I forgot to post it)

Posted Nov 16, 2019 at 1:08 PM
  11. 1. I have listed the amounts now, giving 1000 shards, 3000 xp, and 1500 gems, reducing to 10% of rewards after fighting the boss.
    2. The boss does 3 more damage than normal kit damage.
    3. Not really sure what you mean by it but I added chat commands, so hopefully this solves what you were asking
    4. Ive added powerups, and gave you credit.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 17, 2019 at 3:33 PM
    _Prof_ likes this.
  12. I mean where you type "#" before your message so only the team can view it.

Posted Nov 17, 2019 at 6:13 PM