• -1 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • -2 Players Online
  • -1 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Java's End

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by WhyJustY, Jan 16, 2023.

1. And it gets even funnier when you look at the Bedrock anti-cheat

Posted Jan 28, 2023
  2. They should sell it to a group of developers that are willing to put in the long-term effort of making it good. They would have to rebrand, but with the code and all of the special stuff used, it could be a great server if they find out how to execute everything correctly.

Sad to see Java go. ):

Posted Jan 28, 2023
    XB_Falcon likes this.
  3. Personally, if they do decide to end their work on Mineplex, I'm hoping they leave it up and just literally do nothing about it except a handful of mods to make the server an alright place. MPS can still form cool communities. If nothing else, I hope they leave the server open to advertising so that I can invite my friends to new servers to continue to play with them, like kjs71309 and galaxy__koala (they don't have discord.)

Posted Jan 29, 2023
  4. Is the server down?[​IMG]

IP: clans.mineplex.com works

Posted Jan 29, 2023,
    Last edited by a Moderator Jan 29, 2023
    Widestsinger likes this.
  5. its not working for me anymore so this very well could be the end

Posted Jan 29, 2023
  6. Don’t despair yet! If we all pray really hard we might be able to keep mineplex alive for a little longer! I still wanna see it’s 10th birthday!

Posted Jan 29, 2023
    DandyLP likes this.
    Posted Jan 29, 2023
  8. I think that the java and bedrock servers should combine so that java players have somewhere to go. the problem is that I prefer the java server, not just because its on java but because its completely different and i prefer the java server.

Posted Jan 29, 2023
  9. mineplex (java) is finished and theres nothing that can be done, thats okay though. smile because it happened!

Posted Jan 29, 2023
  10. This month had a tiny glimmer of potential at the start, and then things quickly descended into Oblivion. Java finally, finally, is at the point where it can't even crack 100 players, and all it took were a few blows from the owners and a little outside "help."

Timmi was the only thing left holding this place together, and after firing the one active dev (and finding out the other has been gone too), there's nothing left to stop it from crumbling into nothing at the hands of the chronic breakdown and decline that have hampered it for years, and relentless DDOS assaults. Is there anything left to do other than wait for the shutdown announcement (If we even get one...)? And is there any chance, even the slightest, fleeting, hope, that Mineplex manages to crawl its way out of this mess and at least get back to the shape it was in in late 2022 pre-infra?

Posted Jan 29, 2023
  11. Sadly, I don't think so. The server that was once great is now fighting for life on the brink of extinction. Players and staff alike have abandoned it.

Posted Jan 29, 2023
    BlazeFire likes this.
  12. Its a shame too as I recently had the opportunity to talk with a few different staff members(including builders) that are still within the staff team and even most of them seem to have basically given up/moved on. A lot of them arent really acting like staff used to and enforcing everything and are way more chill and lenient as most of them know its close to the end. Some say they put minimum effort here and they are focusing on something else on the side, a few said they want to stay in Minecraft still but pursue a position on a different server or be paid for their work which is understandable, but most of them are open and agree Mineplex is on the decline to death. The common factor that keeps getting brought up is the leadership team failing them, having lack of communication and support from them which to be honest has been all throughout Mineplex. Its nice to have an honest conversation these days in Mineplex lobbies where everyone can pretty much unanimously agree Mineplex is dying and on the rapid decline and see players and staff alike come together for one final time before the end :(

Posted Jan 30, 2023
  13. One of the reasons why I left the Mineplex Buildteam. I also have asked the same things to people within the staff team and they said the same. One thing to remember tho, builders are staff

Posted Jan 30, 2023
    EnderCreeperJack likes this.
  14. Personally, I think that with the power of Steven, this server could be saved and go back to it’s once modern glory. Go Steven!

Posted Jan 30, 2023
  15. Yeah good to know within the Staff Team are echoing the same experiences as well. Also yes I know builders are staff too, I kinda worded my post a bit weirdly, I wanted to emphasize I talked builders separately then my Trainee/Mod/SR MOD... interactions and both echo similar sentiments, both are staff but I guess I wanted to say from like different staff teams, its still hard to word it lol but wanted to make sure it encompassed essentially every rank on the staff team besides maybe like some Admins who I haven't heard much from and obviously owners.

Posted Jan 30, 2023
    Arshaad_73 likes this.
  16. There are 0 developers. I would love to know why Timmi's contract was prematurely terminated. He was the only active developer, and if it comes down to finances, then that should be disclosed.

The new queue system can be assumed to have been implemented as a cost-saving measure, as it now dynamically spins up new servers when there is demand, rather than consistently running idle gameservers like the previous system.

However, even after the new infrastructure was put in place, it seems things have gone downhill exponentially. Considering games cannot even be played, the anticheat has (all of the sudden) gone berserk, lobby numbers are outrageous, and 50%+ of players idle on the lobby, I don't see any bright future as of now.

If we went back to the server selector GUI for each gamemode (with the gold blocks showing servers), it obviously wouldn't show any since the servers are not on unless a queue is present, BUT if there were idle minigame servers online, I think there would be a better chance to make a match in a game.

It seems an MPS is the only way to play games on Mineplex now. But that is assuming you don't get AC kicked.

Posted Jan 31, 2023
  17. you are a rude persoN!!?!!?1ae.e1/e

Posted Feb 9, 2023
  18. Pretty much everyone's contract except few were terminated

Probably one of the last attempts at saving cost before the inevitable shutdown

Posted Feb 11, 2023
  19. I am pleased to see there's interest in fixing the server...

...from the players.

Posted Feb 11, 2023
    BlazeFire and ian923 like this.
  20. Kinda been the last 5 years

Posted Feb 14, 2023