• 306 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6507 Players Online
  • 6201 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

mineplex isn't the same

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Uchiha Itachi, Aug 11, 2021.

1. hello there.

it's clear mineplex isn't the same. i mean 400-500 players on java? we used to be hitting 40k+ on a daily basis. mineplex made legendary status and I'm glad I was able to enjoy it in it's prime.
    i've seen that we lost a lot of staff members. there's something going on and i have no idea what's the primary issue. can someone please explain (most preferably someone with background knowledge on higher-ups)?
    tis' a shame...

Posted Aug 11, 2021
    Halfman7777 likes this.
  2. hypixel became popular and alot of servers lost players not just mineplex.
    im a bedrock player while i also play on java servers and my own server and worlds

i wouldnt touch mineplex java i always feel like other server have more to give

Posted Aug 11, 2021
  3. Java higher ups are lazy.

Posted Aug 12, 2021
  4. Hypixel has turned java into a monopoly and honestly the leadership and player base isn’t the same either. Game quality on other servers has surpassed Mineplex. Although on bedrock, Mineplex still has huge potential to grow very popular.

Posted Aug 12, 2021,
    Last edited Sep 16, 2021
    Halfman7777 and Paiynz like this.
  5. Mineplex failed to invest the proper resources to maintain their server.
    Only now have they kind-of sort-of started to catch up again (Alex is working on new version stability, apparently).

There are a few other reasons, but all of them subjective and none as important as that first point.

Posted Aug 12, 2021
    branossz and Zyta like this.
  6. I'm probably gonna receive a lot of flak for this, but the Mineplex community is very corrupt nowadays, there's usually a spam wave of hackers and edge lords causing drama. Staff are usually not on to the scene, and those who finally get banned for cheats get a 1$ alt to cause further damage. Meanwhile, you have players that get false banned and muted over the most ludicrous reasons.

There's a bunch of level 90+ players with high paid ranks that use cheats blatantly, some use alts to bypass any suspicion. Any evidence you try to give out usually isn't enough, as according to the staff, "it needs more perspective." You usually see 5-15 hackers per day in a game mode like Block Hunt, and they'll finally be dealt with after many days (or even weeks), long after the players have already quit the game...

Server wise, it's always laggy, even when only having 300 players, the server host is still struggling to hold up. The recent DDoS attacks on the server hasn't made the situation any better.

I'm not even trying to stretch it here, but Mineplex has become it's own version of a controlled anarchy server. Just people blatantly cheating left and right, with little confrontation and the wrong authority at the wrong time, even the well-known high level immortal players are into it. It's all ripping the player base apart and it's only gonna get worse.

Posted Aug 12, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 12, 2021
  7. "There's hackers in my game - Mineplex must be corrupt!!!!"

Great logic

Posted Aug 12, 2021
    Minty, Look_Dan, Oscaros_ and 11 others like this.
  8. Well it's impossible for new players to find any joy in playing some minigames cause level 100 immortals in a party go to your base and destroy you without being able to think.
    Mainly a CakeWars problem but every minigame has a sweat.

Posted Aug 12, 2021
  9. THAT ALSO

I expected this reply, good day to you too sir ^^

Posted Aug 12, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Aug 22, 2021
    Starx280 likes this.
  10. With all due respect, his point was pretty valid and articulated a pretty large issue with the Mineplex community better than I've seen a lot of other people try to, while your response denoted his entire reply down to one oversimplified sentence that doesn't even sum up his point.

Cheaters are frustrating, and inevitable to some degree. The reason creating an anti cheat is so hard is because every time you make an advancement in security someone will find a bypass. However, what separates Mineplex from other networks and how they handle this issue is genuine corruption. Trainees and Mods, the regular moderation staff and the most abundant and available staff members on the server don't have the power to ban users for hacks such as modded kb and reach, due to the possibility of a false ban. However, this leaves a high volume of closet cheaters, whether they're alts, level 100s, or anyone else, to one specific section of the staff team: Quality Assurance. In addition to being able to ban closet cheaters, QA has a ton of other duties that some would consider more important, and thus, the closet cheater issue is one of the most prevalent things I've experienced on any server. As a regular cakewars duos player, it's almost impossible these days to find a game without cheaters like this.

In addition to that, a lot of important decisions are either undone or simply never happen when they should have in the first place. Status within the Mineplex community often comes with its perks, and one of those is that with the right friends anyone can essentially become invincible to the cheating rules. A large portion of the level 100 player base is known for using closet cheating modifications. On top of their frequent cheating issues, these same players are often extremely toxic to anyone that doesn't match their 'skill' level or is a significantly lower level than they are.

Focusing more specifically on the subject of Mineplex's corruption, there's more examples of that as well. One prime example was last year when the Immortal rank was created. I was a member of the Ideas Team at the time and there were a boatload of ideas that I as well as many others had personally denied due to production telling us they didn't want them, yet all of those were added to immortal on a whim without them even telling us. Imagine the feeling of telling someone the production team doesn't like their idea only for it to be implemented without any explanation. On top of that, there's plenty of other prime examples of the poor communication that happens higher up in the hierarchy.

The biggest issue of them all is that the only incentive the owners have to keep their stock in Mineplex is business. they don't care about the community, and while that is understandable, it leaves Mineplex in a difficult place where important business decisions are made in the favor of the owners. Saving money on development but not updating games or the anti cheat for years, introducing money grab ranks with no real perks, and perks that take months to even be functional after release (/disguise), refusing to punish properly hundreds of players known in the community for closet cheating. All of these are examples of higher ups failing to make proper decisions for the sake of their own wallet.

I'm not trying to say that Mineplex doesn't have its upsides, or that the entire community is toxic and corrupt. However, it's clear that a server that is regularly decreasing in player count and only continues to be more and more neglected struggles with corruption.

Posted Aug 12, 2021
  11. Holy crap, like I actually didn't expect someone to stand up for me here. This is all true, and if you look further into game modes such as Block Hunt or Cake Wars, you'll see how brutal the community really is.

Gameplay wise there are consistent number of sweats, cheaters, closeted cheaters, and just bad people overall. Since the player base keeps on shrinking, you'll run into these people almost every day. If you even happen to play the game on your own accord, people will swarm you as a hivemind if you're not in line. It's really sad, and it's usually only the high levels that are into this. These guys usually have the influence to make your experience bad even if it means getting you punished for something ridiculous. A lot of people don't want to mention this for two reasons, either they are afraid of getting flak themselves, or they are not aware of what's going on. People who have perspective on the community, or people just playing the game by itself.

(I know that staff have no jurisdiction to an extent over this, but discord communities involving Mineplex game modes are even ten times worse. Usually this drama is moved on over to the gameplay itself.)

I'm no active user in the forums at all, but in-game it really feels like nothing much is being done to truly help. It's really demoralizing, and it's DEFINITELY not like the old times.

Posted Aug 12, 2021,
    Last edited Aug 12, 2021
  12. Cause they wont update clans, players lost interest

Posted Aug 12, 2021
  13. Oh boy... I see posts like this ALL THE TIME... Yeah, Mineplex is "dead", what a shocker. Why? There are countless reasons, far more than I could ever fit in one list or essay, and I'm seeing always seeing people come up with new ones. It's like beating a dead horse, both the server and the argument. You're not wrong for doing so, but I wish people had something else to talk about on the Mineplex forums than the elephant in the room.

Posted Aug 12, 2021
  14. But what else is there to talk about? The new maps?

Posted Aug 12, 2021
  15. Ouch, that hurts

Posted Aug 13, 2021
    le Brownie, Fallen, Polar8 and 12 others like this.
  16. I feel like new maps should not be a problem. In fact, we can still keep our old maps since players who had played mineplex for a long time would like to revisit the old maps. I am fine with maps, but that is just my opinion.

Posted Aug 13, 2021
  17. How long till this gets dealeted

Posted Aug 13, 2021
  18. Not that much people play clans anyways. Mineplex just doesn’t have anything new to offer. Lack of the updates is one reason for that,like last game update was last year in spring. If you don’t have party it’s impossible to win currently the most popular game cake wars and if there is not party in one game there is for sure flying hacker. Mineplex leadership started making bad decisions so it let hypixel grow, they have a lot of resources, for example they removed volunteer staff positions because they got enough resources to pay moderators so that they could be more productive.That just shows the amount of their resources while mineplex barely has developers.

Posted Aug 13, 2021
  19. Did you not see how many bugs @Timmi6790 fixed within a week of being hired?
    Like 3 dozen or so

Also, just want to say that there are probably more reasons that lack of new content and hackers and bugs
    I have seen that people have left mineplex just because they B have done everything there, and they feel like the have accomplished everything. This also goes back to new content, because if that was coming out more regularly, then yiu would never feel like you had "accomplished everything"

Posted Aug 13, 2021
    Mystic 0440 and Name Tag like this.
  20. If mineplex had reset clans like 5 months ago when everyone was expecting it, it would have had 400+ players on clans, but now they delayed it for over a year and everyone lost interest.

Posted Aug 13, 2021