• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7106 Players Online
  • 4216 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex is now awesome

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by akeyfortyseven, May 20, 2020.

1. So normally im the kid who says what mineplex is doing wrong but my faith in mineplex has been restored

Story:
    There was this guy who had really blatant scaffold (would scaffold and say that hes not) and also had about 7 blocks of reach on gladiators. He says he was from the EU and he was playing on the NA server, but his 100 ping doesnt justify 7 blocks of reach. Eventually, a bunch of people that I assume are his alts/hacker friends began to cuss me out and tell me that I was just a little stupid minecraft noob who cant pvp. Eventually I got sick and tired of all of this and I didn't have my OBS open, so i didnt record his hacks. I opened google chrome on another window and started to look for mods that would help me, and I found mod Evgeen, who was very helpful. Although I should've recorded it, once i knew a mod was here I needed to get the proof. The chat was long enough to block out his confession that he used scaffold (said it about 2 or 3 times) and he began to stop playing gladiators. I suspect that he knew that a mod was watching, but I can't say for certain. Eventually, him and one of his buddies played, and of course he turned on reach and scaffold. His friend may also have been hacking, but I don't have enough evidence for his friend. After that round, there was obvious reason to ban him, and Evgeen dealt with him and got him banned.

Its a good feeling when a mod comes to help out, and I think that more mods should be present. I wasn't hackusating anyone else even though plenty of people came to fight me and beat me in gladiators, and I was mature about my accusastions. Many other players accused him of hacking too, but due to other friends being online to turn the attention to me (they called me out for hacking too, said I was scaffolding even though I barely used blocks and I often fell off my blocks that I placed), none of them found the hacker as suspicious.

This type of qc from mods is really nice, and its nice to see some mods who arent using glitches to their advantage to go up leaderboards. I definitely give a thumbs up for the current week.

Posted May 20, 2020
  2. That is just wonderful. A lot of people try to drown others opinions out by having alts spam. If I see evgeen in a server I will thank them for doing that. Absolute legend.

Posted May 20, 2020
    akeyfortyseven likes this.
  3. First of all, a confession will not be enough to get a person banned. They would have to physically self-report themselves by going to mineplex.com/reports. Adding on, there is a great community called StaffRequest which you can join by doing /com request StaffRequest. The only requirements are 1 day of in game time and no punishments/warnings for the past 30 days. This means that a lot of people can join. Already there are about 6,000 - 7,000 players. You can submit requests for Staff or report hackers easily by saying <server> <name> <offense>. You can get the server by doing /sv. Although this is a great community, I want to underline that staffs are not required to be in this community nor do they have to respond to requests. Other then that, I am happy to read your story!

Posted May 20, 2020
    RainbowUnicornGM and PieOrPi like this.
  4. Hey!

So what you've done is right but I may offer an easier solution to problems with hackers. I've mentioned this in another forum post but if you're not already in it, you should join the mineplex com staff request. You can join by typing /com request StaffRequest and it is a com filled with the community and most staff members. You can ask for assistance here and it has helped me and many other people get rid of cheaters. Also if you have seen them blatantly hacking instead of engaging in conversations (learned this the hard way) you can ignore them until the situation has been dealt with. Personally I used to be a little more immature and tend to stand up for myself and engage in arguments with cheaters and other people purposely being engaging. I've even been punished for doing that so I advise you a little tip of mine.^

Posted May 28, 2020
  5. Hey!

First of all, I'm sorry you had to go through this experience! But I'm glad @Evgeen was able to help you out, I agree, he is always super helpful!

For the future, like others have suggested above, you should join the StaffRequest community. Here's how it works:

There are some criteria. You must have at least 1 day+ of in game time, and no punishments/paper warnings in the past 30 days. Do /com request StaffRequest and wait for a staff member to let you into the community. If you encounter a hacker, do /sv to find your server ID. Then do !before your message. Include the server ID (for example, Lobby-1 or CW4-24) and the name of the player. Staff will do their best to respond to your request if they're available.

Good luck! PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Posted May 28, 2020
    RainbowUnicornGM likes this.
  6. hold up- so mineplex is better just because they banned a hacker for you...

human satisfactions are simple sometimes.

Posted May 28, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  7. this proves mineplex has the superior anticheat to hypixel.

Posted May 28, 2020
  8. Mineplex is neglectful towards SSM updates, they at least release maps, but a fourth of them are designed so wolf and spider users have an advantage over every other kit, they are open. The staff team is too incompetent about making games fair {BANNING BLATANT HACKERS WE CANNOT REPORT} and way too competent about censorship. I have only played SSM for over 3 years straight now, but im sure this applies similarly to most if not all other minigames.
    Mineplex could be better, if they listened to the separate communities more, and allowed staff and developers to see the feedback and improvise.

Posted May 29, 2020

9. Mineplex should do better. I have been playing Skywars for a while and there are times when I keep coming across players using cheats such as scaffolding, reach, bunny hopping and sometimes anti-knockback. Most of those times, those hackers are just removed by the anti-cheat instead of being banned. I think either Mineplex needs to make Gwen's AI smarter or they'll need to get a new anti-cheat.

Posted May 29, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.