• 829 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8750 Players Online
  • 7921 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex is losing even more players and here is why

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by LightDasher, Apr 11, 2021.

1. The server has been at an all-time low recently with most of the games taking ages to start, especially if you live in europe and play when it's nighttime or early morning in the US. I know people blame the staff and lack of updates for this, but there is a much bigger reason: tryhards.
    You see tryhards in pretty much every game, and it has gotten to the point where you can already tell which team will win just by looking at the tab list. That is pretty sad. Sweats are basically just ruining the game for everyone else. At this point, normal players have just become the sweat's toys that they play with, knowing that they will win no matter what. And of course if you're just a normal player looking to have some fun, you're not gonna like being stomped on in every game you join, not to mention alot of these "good" players actually use ghost clients so even if you're actually good, your chances of winning are small. For example, 1 week ago I saw a level 80 player using Jesus hacks in the bridges, and saying stuff like "lmao" in the chat when people were threatening to report him. The sad thing is he is probably not banned to this day.
    Another reason is just simply all the weird behaviour that alot of the players on mineplex have. I'm talking about the so-called "egirls" and "eboys" who seem to leave their computers on 24/7 and just afk in the lobbies for whatever reason, and they have names such as "uwukate" and "ewtoes". And when these players aren't afk, they seem to be "edating" in the chat, even in games! I play bridges regularly and I always see these people saying stuff like "OMG did x send you his pics?" and "I think he's secretly simping for y". This stuff may seem funny at first but when you realise that this is all that these people do, you start to wonder why they don't just go on a dating site instead of making a minecraft server look weird.
    Unfortunately I don't think mineplex has a way to solve this problem, especially since they aren't even motivated to do it. Most of these people have immortal, which from what I've read is a huge source of income for the server, so of course they would want to cater towards these kinds of people (for example, they only add shallow-water maps in the bridges, since the tryhards don't like fighting skybasers because that actually makes them work a little harder which they don't feel like doing, they feel entitled to a win every time). Money is everything afterall.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  2. There will always be tryhards and people who choose to edate. There isn't much you can do about that. However, I do agree that all the closeting that occurs isn't being taken seriously by QA. Since modmen cannot do anything about closeters who reach, have anti-kb, etc, they should be more open to hiring more QA members. Tons of current modmen would love to work in this area, yet it can still be so so difficult to actually get accepted. What staff needs to realize is that players are desperate at this point to get rid of closeters. This is a HUGE problem that modmen don't understand because they aren't playing the game as much as players are.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  3. It really is unfortunate and I agree with you, I'm not that good at a lot of games so I feel your pain. I used to play a lot of Skywars V2 because I loved playing with kits that gave me a chance to win against people that were godly with PvP, just seemed more fair to me. I don't touch that game anymore since V3.

It's so difficult to actually get good at any PvP game as in the majority of lobbies you come across there will be sweats and whatnot or people that chase the leaderboards making the experience completely unenjoyable. This is why I never play CW alone and always have a duo with me. It was all so much easier years ago.

There's not much that you can really do but personally to still enjoy my time on the server I turned to games that have little to no emphasis on PvP or are dominated by sweats every game. These are games like Master Builders, Speed Builders, Mixed Arcade (some of the time) and NANO (there's usually a lobby or two that don't include a person that wins every single game). Furthermore, you might enjoy Bedrock Mineplex (if you have Win10 or console/mobile Minecraft). The players' attitude is so much more relaxed. Sure, the games are a bit less developed but playing on Bedrock feels like playing on Mineplex in 2015 (in my opinion). People are quiet, relaxed, and the games are super fun as well. Plus there's also a much, much higher player count so games fill up quickly, there's many noobs, and it's just great. Idk what else to say

For your shallow water maps in Bridges argument, I don't really think it's intentionally a trend to cater to Immortals or the types of players you described above. I'm not on the map testing team, game insights nor a builder but it just seems like a stretch. The majority of the people on the teams that actually decide what maps to push aren't like what you described the players to be. The majority of them are super chill as well as experienced in the games and push the maps that work well for them as a team. They don't deny/remove maps simply because they have deep water - and there's plenty of maps that don't have shallow water live atm too

*we can ban for anti-kb btw, but not modified knockback.

I see many QA myself now that I'm a staff member and they do tons of punishments through logs both for closetters and regular players. I think a bigger issue is that players aren't told how to report them correctly. For example, video evidence for autoclicker is pointless because you cannot tell anything from it and logs have to be checked instead. If reporting for modified knockback, it's crucial you have many, many instances and ping shown at the same time, something people aren't told about either. For reach, there need to be many instances as well. I suggested to QA that some doc/thread/guidelines/faq should be posted for players informing them of how to properly report closetters if they are planning on doing so but I'm not sure if that is going to happen. I could try to ask again.

Staff are hired to Quality Assurance whenever someone on QAT is ready. Like any Sr. Moderator sub-team it takes a lot of dedication and standing out from everybody else. Usually people are on the team for more than half a year or even over a year before being promoted. There's just a ton of knowledge that comes with it. Not only do they take care of closetters but also testings and discussing changes and GWEN - which is another handful.

I think it's good QA members aren't promoted really often. Hacks can be really difficult to deal with and its best if people are promoted when they are absolutely ready. Lag is a huge factor that can make people seem like they are hacking or even just closetting and any new QA members need to understand how it works properly before taking on the role. For example, modified knockback is complicated, and yet it's what a lot of closetters use. You can set your mod kb to only work a precentage of the time, and then only modify it by another precent. Therefore you need so many instances. Reach can be altered for even just the slightest advantage, and can be so so hard to see. Once again, lag can mess everything up. While I'd love more QA on the team, there's a lot of work that comes with it and some of the people that are on the team already do really well

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  4. Hey!
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you on the ''edaters'' point, almost every single server has these types of players and most of them are still thriving. I do however agree with the closet cheater problem. I've seen so many people either getting carried by a closet cheater or them closet cheating themselves, and the sad part is most of them are high level players.
    A big majority of the mineplex player base lives in the US that's why sometimes the player doesn't have many players. If you ever see a player cheating or closeting I recommend you gather evidence and make a report at https://www.mineplex.com/reports/ this is pretty much the only thing normal players could do against cheaters.
    Currently though, mineplex isn't losing any players. It's had the same amount of players for quite some time and it's gained some players over quarantine. In my opinion mineplex is in a great place, they could make a few changes to improve the server more but it's fine how it is.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    anthxny and Fusafez like this.
  5. interesting

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  6. Your best bet is to just buy bedrock and play mineplex there lmao. Majority of the players are bad so it will be easy to practice on them and get better. Everything you stated will probably be never fixed ngl

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  7. ikr lol

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    EpicEnderDragon1, 90zr and Paladise like this.
  8. A lot of stagnant multiplayer games have this issue. Once the bulk of players leave (all things have their expiry date), those who put in the most effort will remain -- these are the sweats, the edaters, those who have the most to lose if they stop playing Mineplex.

Try logging onto any multiplayer server of a 10+ year old game. You'll find the same issue over and over again. This form of stagnation is incredibly hard to fight. I've said this before multiple times, but without a drastic change of ownership/vision, I can't see any improvements on the horizon. Let's wait until the summer. Fingers crossed.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  9. maybe we are seeing the final moments of this server

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    LightDasher likes this.
  10. I get what you're saying, but I don't think you realize how badly we need more people working in this area. Hacks are hard to deal with because it's easy to mistaken hacking without taking a other things into account, like a player's ping etc. But you do realize that you need to start somewhere. The people on the QA team now were once as clueless as an average modman, but they practiced and learned how to be an effective QA member. What Mineplex needs to do is encourage more staff to apply for QAT and make sure the current QA team is willing to teach and guide newer members. If your mindset stays "I'm glad QA members aren't promoted often," you're also not open to the many modmen who ARE capable of doing this job. I'm sure you would want the team to do quality work, but it's evident that what we have right now is not nearly enough to keep the many closeters from cheating a huge ratio of lobbies. I don't know anyone on the QA team, but I really hope the current members aren't gatekeeping this responsibility because they have trust issues and are afraid that new members won't be able to handle bans properly. You need to start somewhere.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  11. i dont have the stamina to read the thread
    but the title makes me want to agree
    therefore...
    i agree

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    LightDasher likes this.
  12. The newest promotion was Evgeen which happened pretty recently, I think around the start of the year. But to every Sr Mod team it takes a lot of work. I think personally that there are plenty of people capable of being full QA just because of how knowledgable and hardworking they are as well as for your reasoning - they can learn while on the team (I don't disagree with that btw, I just think that there has to be SOME high standard before promoting, rather than promoting out of sheer desparation) - but it's not under my jurisdiction to promote, but the Admin's :(

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  13. The quantity of players doesn't matter unless there arent enough players to start games (which should be the main issue with lack of players).

I don't think that having a small community is a problem as long as its a quality community and everyone in it enjoys their time (im not saying mineplex is an example of this the communities are pretty trash imo).

The biggest problem as some have somewhat scratched the tip of the iceburg is higher ups not listening to the community. Theres effectively no point in servers like GI since the leadership team does what they want when they want. They could make a massive update that likely took tons of time just for april fools but not actually fix the game breaking bugs or mechanics in their actual games. I guess the "april fools" part is making the community think they care about the server. And that is why I think mineplex is losing players.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
    Ducksicle and maevestarbaby like this.
  14. Wait so i can get a hack that does not remove kb, but makes it go down to a pixel and i cant get banned for it? In that case i am not useing anti kb,i am just modifying it.

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  15. well the hive will shut down soon and on average they had twice the amount of people mineplex had so maybe you're right...

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 11, 2021
  16. Ah yes i agree with most of your points but i do have to say Recently a lot of those ghost client hackers have ben banned on their mains but they have alts. Mineplex Rarely Network Bans and its even rarer for them to IP ban witch is the real issue people are less likely to keep coming on alts if its harder sure there are VPN softwares but most cost money also the whole Edaters thing i agree its wierd ive learned to ignore it it will happen in every server Overall i do Agree but on somethings i dont. also you can tell witch team will win in the tablist This is true but You will never beat them with that mentality. sure i play cw im a sweat at it but it doesnt mean that when im in a strong sweaty party we always win because we dont i also solo alot and i have beat sweaty parties while solo therefore its not impossible its only impossible when you put yourself in that MindSet otherwise if you presist you CAN win. i know sweats sure they have more wins than losses but they do lose. So my overall Point here is that its not Impossible to win. i used CW as an example of this just because i know the game and the sweats sorry if this is a bit off your orginal topic but it is related to the people who believe aa look at the tab list can determine a winner im reffering to this Quote " win just by looking at the tab list."

Posted Apr 11, 2021

17. MMMMM yeS :D. IDK This just made me laugh

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  18. And, basically yes

Posted Apr 11, 2021
  19. No, it is punishable, but only by certain people - the average Trainee/Mod can’t punish for it. Only Quality Assurance members found at mineplex.com/staff

Posted Apr 12, 2021
  20. In CW2 the average 50 ping immortal takes 0 kb. And then they blame it on ping. Which is really funny. I guess CPS plays a factor in it but do you really know a MP player that clicks more than 10 cps.

Posted Apr 12, 2021