• 1158 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3242 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex in the future

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dan1el, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Hey!
    Where do you see Mineplex in the future? Will it be gone in a couple of years, or maybe grow to be a big server again?

I'm just making this thread to see some thoughts/opinions about this. I thought it could be interesting. I think that it can go both ways, it depends on a lot of things.

It's hard to say tho, and I would like your thoughts/opinions!

Posted Nov 18, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 19, 2019
    Im_Ken and GAM like this.
  2. Based on how everything has been going, I would be surprised if the server lasted another couple of years. It's pretty obvious they're becoming more and more stretched for money.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  3. Can I have an example where it is obvious they are more stretched for money? I'm just wondering cause I haven't noticed.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  4. I'd love to see Mineplex make a big comeback. Mineplex was the first server that I played and I've played it since 2015, I would love to see Mineplex have a great positive comeback and gain back the players that we lost.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Im_Ken and GAM like this.
  5. The community's perspective seems to be a bit mixed, but in my point of view, I have great hopes for Mineplex's future. If things can start to pick up and Mineplex continues with important updates and finding the right people like an anti-cheat developer, it would solve a lot of issues internally. The transfer from Enjin to XenForo was one I was really excited about and I love it, this is just an example that aided my optimistic hope for Mineplex's future. Mineplex needs to work on providing some unique and positive game-changing updates, I think this will attract a few youtubers and would be a start to a nice rise for Mineplex. The player count is not too much of my concern even though it would be nice to have an increase in the player base but at the end of the day, I will always be here!

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  6. I wouldn't say the future of Mineplex looks super bright to be honest, at least for the Java server. I think Bedrock Mineplex will be fine, they are officially partnered with Minecraft after all. But the Java server is hitting new lows, only having around 250~ players during certain times.

Then again I remember when Mineplex first started to dip below 1k back in 2017 I thought the end times were near, yet the server is still here 2 years later. Not in a great state, but still here.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  7. The lack of developers. Anticheat sucks and games hardly ever come out

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  8. Do keep in mind that Mineplex is on Bedrock, is partnered with Mojang and the Microsoft guys and has Marketplace content.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  9. Doesn't mean they're gonna be good for the next 5 years or anything. They clearly don't have any sort of abundance of money because of the lack of devs.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  10. unless serious change happens (they suddenly find an anticheat dev, suddenly have the funds to entice people to work for them as devs and compensate the current devs much more than what they currently make, general reform on the staff team, MUCH more frequent updates, etc) i honestly dont see mineplex lasting another 2 years. maybe 3 max. sorry to disappoint you if you were holding out hope for java. bedrock will probably be fine for a long time, it's basically mineplex's sole lifeline at this point

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  11. I've never seen Mineplex under 1000 players when I'm online.
    --- Post updated ---
    The staff team is good, it's just there are so many minigames on the network where it comes to the point where not all of them can be on every single specific server like one might be on DOM-1 and another might be on DOM-36. So I personally think it's going fine now but I can agree the main issue for the network is the anti-cheat aka hackers. The only bugs I see are on clans, which is understandable because we don't have multiple devs that work on that. Overall, I think I see Mineplex going uphill aslong as they start doing like IP BANS.
    --- Post updated ---
    Games are pretty hard to code I think from what I've seen. I am pretty sure there's only like 5 developers for Java that are active maybe less. Maybe more will come in, in the next few years.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    GAM and Korben2005 like this.
  12. The server is partnered with Microsoft and is very popular on Bedrock, although there might be problems similar to the Java server in the future if the anti-cheat doesn't improve and the other servers surpass them.

On the Java front, it does look bleak. Obviously, I do hope they make a recovery but it's a pretty low chance because they don't have any GWEN devs at the moment, and it's not like many people are particularly interested in becoming a dev either. Most good developers work at a larger company or are in college, meaning they don't have much time to work on the server.

Arguably, we can say that the bar should be lower for hiring developers, but then there would even more problems with lag and there would be even more spaghetti code.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  13. Well you must strictly play during the american peak times or something, the server drops below 1k all the time.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
  14. I have been a Mineplex player since 2013. Through the years, those updates I once thought to be so flawless sure were a disappointment. Let it be known, listening to your customers/or community improves the customer experience. It also helps if they develop the learning skills that lay the groundwork for growth. Something obviously true is that the satisfaction of your customers comes at the expense of listening. That's the importance of business philosophy.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    Mitchy and GAM like this.
  15. The staff team is good, it's just there are so many minigames on the network where it comes to the point where not all of them can be on every single specific server like one might be on DOM-1 and another might be on DOM-36. So I personally think it's going fine now but I can agree the main issue for the network is the anticheat aka hackers. The only bugs I see are on clans, which is understandable because we don't have multiple devs that work on that.
    --- Post updated ---
    I mean, I quit for a bit of time for around 4 months. So, uh yeah probably I do.

Posted Nov 18, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  16. Facts most developers are in college, I mean I would apply for anticheat developer but I'm to busy with university, I wouldn't have the time or be able to deal with pressure from everyone in the community.

Posted Nov 19, 2019
    AshtonIsBad likes this.