• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Mineplex In-game shop.

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Jeapordizes, Mar 12, 2019.

?

Will this be the next big step onto Mineplex?

This poll will close on Apr 12, 2019 at 11:53 PM.
  1. Yea I think it'll work.

2. Um, I don't think that's what Mineplex needs.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jaekub

Jaekub

It does abide by the EULA. Gems cannot be purchased for real money. They are earned by playing games and doing well in them. Purchasing things with Gems would be fair because regardless of your rank, everyone makes the same amount of gems.
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, these prices need to be raised tremendously. Maybe multiply all of them by 10?

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    Slipest likes this.
  2. Slipest

Slipest

Adding onto this ^
    If this were to be put in effect, then we wouldn’t be allowed to have chests on Mineplex. You are able to earn chests in game and you are able to buy them on the store.

Posted Mar 13, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  3. S!ckBoY

S!ckBoY

Somebody stole my account and i got banned for 40 days

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 1:23 PM
    Jaekub likes this.
  4. Jaekub

Jaekub

You should appeal for an unban and explain everything that happened.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 1:34 PM
  5. KerbalBoy

KerbalBoy

Yeah this isn't the place to appeal. You should appeal in the SUPPORT section and if it isn't accepted, PM a mod. Gl boi

:)

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 1:39 PM
  6. Jaekub

Jaekub

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 1:43 PM
  7. KerbalBoy

KerbalBoy

Cool. Same basic idea, same basic execution, etc. TBH i still think that 20000 gems for the MAX particles and only getting 1 a week means that if i get 10000 a week, and right now I have 200000 gems, I could get like 20 LEGENDARY particles without breaking a sweat. Might need to be tweaked a bit, since some people have like 1000000 gems. Good idea though.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 1:49 PM
  8. stryze

stryze

To get this thread back on topic...

While I do agree that a new use should be created for gems, this particular suggestion would really over complicate the use of in-game currency (as can be seen through the confusion in the replies). No, this would technically not breach the EULA, as gems cannot be purchased for real currency (and here they are only going towards cosmetics anyways)... BUT it would completely blur the distinction between gems and shards for most players. Shards were introduced so that a distinction could be made between how kits are purchased, and how cosmetics are purchased (putting Mineplex in the clear in the eyes of the EULA). Let's let the two serve their own individual purposes.

If we want to have a discussion about how to make gems more useful, I think it is helpful to look at the most recent update. Though the feature is new and quite limited now, I can see community gem banks growing to offer a lot more to players in the future. Maybe instead being able to directly purchase cosmetics as you have suggested, members of communities can earn them by completing specific set challenges, which are unlocked by reaching gem milestones.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 1:59 PM
  9. KerbalBoy

KerbalBoy

If I was a trainee I would lock this thread right now. Amazing summary, constructive criticism and views it from all angles.
    I'm pretty sure this thread has run its course by now.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 2:12 PM