• 1420 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5339 Players Online
  • 3919 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Housing

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Arrigato, Apr 14, 2019.

?

Do you agree or disagree?

1. Agree

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Disagree

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. So I don't know how hard this would be to create, but I think it would be really cool to revamp the MPS servers, because right now, no offense, the MPS servers are looking pretty bland. Like they obviously serve their purpose, but cosmetically, not so much. And what I mean by that is that they all look the same as the other lobbies. They are built well, but they are all the same and not personalized like MPSs are supposed to be. I think it would be super fun if the players were able to customize their own MPS. It wouldn't need to be anything drastic; we would still need an area to select kits, of course, but think about how fun it would be to have your own plot of land in you MPS that you could build on with a fried, with permission of course. Other servers with housing mechanics have done very well, and I think this would be a fun and non-competitive way for the players on the server to have a good time. This could also be a solution to the lack of use for gems for the higher level players. Many players have all the kits on Mineplex and now have no use for gems. With housing you could use gems to buy new blocks, bigger plots of land, mobs, etc.

All in all I just think this would be a really fun and non-competitive way for the community to have a good time, personalize MPS servers, and find an alternative use for gems.

Posted Apr 14, 2019
  2. Heya!

I like this idea. But because of how MPS' work I don't think it'd be easily implemented. An MPS disappears once the host of it leaves/deletes it. Then everything that happened in the MPS just no longer is there. That means if Mineplex was to ever use this suggestion and 'revamp' the MPS system, they would have to change the whole way an MPS works. It'd no longer be deleted, it'd be there forever. This making it basically a game lobby (a game lobby is like CW4-5 is one, SG-9 is one etc) and costing Mineplex money. I'm not too sure how much a single game lobby costs Mineplex to run but guaranteed it's more than we charge for Legend. It'd be unprofitable and lose the server money.

There's also the unfortunate threat of players building inappropriate things within their MPS for all to see. We as Staff try to prevent that sort of activity happening anywhere on the server. So if the happenings are in MPS' it'd be quite hard for us to look into, due to the fact Owners and Co-Owners have access to block people from joining their server. Guaranteed someone will use that to their advantage. Which is a shame.

I also think it'd suit community servers more than anything else (the servers you can make along with your community). Unfortunately though that would require Eternal+ but I think it'd be a good addition to the servers. Communities already solve the situation with gems with community gem banks. So I do think it'd be better suited there!

On the bright side though, I do love this idea! I like the idea of players having their own build zone in their own MPS, similarily to the Staff build zone in lobbies. There's only one creative mode game in Mineplex (Master Builders) and I think this would've been a great addition to that... If it wasn't for the reasons above.

Posted Apr 14, 2019
    MickeyMilkovich and pzazz like this.
  3. Hey sister this thread is actually so vague. What am i agreeing/disagreeing with... Your title is literally a two worded statement with no given background information? "Mineplex Housing" sis what does that even mean..

Posted Apr 21, 2019
    heckings likes this.
  4. Hey, sorry, the way the post was formatted made the poll come before the actual block of text. I'm the Titan below it "Arrigato", I think.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 21, 2019
  5. I do like this idea, but as StephenTries stated, it would seem to be a lot of work and coding to get the MPS the way you're saying (which is basically a miniature customize-able world that you can build on/etc and come back to .) Instead of implementing your idea into the MPS, there might be a way to create an entirely new MPS type all together, one for the mini game hosting and the other for the building/etc. Then again I'm not much of a coder so my knowledge is pretty empty in that department.

Posted Apr 21, 2019
  6. Hey there!

Personally, I disagree with this idea. Until Mineplex's 2016 release of Java's Clans (Season 1) and the recent Bedrock releases of Survival and Factions, the network's game design ideology has always been minigame centric and, except for Clans, I can't say I'm a huge fan of Mineplex's recent adaptations of long-term gameplay when they could be developing new minigames and/or improving existing ones. While this idea does hold some creativity and originality promise, it feels like a further deviation from what I (and I'm sure others) want to see from the network, especially when you factor in the aforementioned challenges associated with implementing it.

That being said, however, I do agree that MPS Servers have remained virtually unchanged throughout my time at the network and they are overdue for a massive update. I'd love to see you come up with some ideas on how to improve the existing minigame experience on MPSs and post them on the forums!

Posted Apr 22, 2019