• 968 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3052 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex guide to detecting hackers (For both staff and developers!)

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by ToonBasic, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Welcome to my guide on how to catch a hacker for both staff and developers!

In the video that you will see below that lasts about 45 minutes, I will be going in-depth on how to detect the common forms of hacks (Well in-depth for some) for both staff members and developers who want to know the latest and more up-to-date methods on catching a hacker.

The hacks I cover are: KillAura, Speed, Fly, Reach, Hitbox, NoFall and some other miscellaneous hacks such as AutoBlock, etc.

I will be making more videos on how to catch hackers and give more tips/tricks for developers who wish to detect them as well, so do keep updated with this thread if you wish!

PLEASE NOTE: I DO MISS SOME CRUCIAL POINTS (CODE-WISE) INTENTIONALLY. THIS VIDEO IS NOT MEANT TO SPOON-FEED DEVELOPERS CHECKS AND METHODS, THIS IS MERELY EXAMPLES OF HOW THINGS CAN BE DONE.
    ALSO NOTE: THIS IS THE VERY BAREBONES OF A BASE/ANTICHEAT, I HAVE NO CHECK SYSTEM, NOR ANYTHING AN ANTICHEAT NEEDS TO ACTUALLY FUNCTION IN THE VIDEO, I ONLY UTILIZE A PACKET HANDLER AND LISTENER TO EXPLAIN HOW THINGS COULD BE DONE (THOUGH I MAY MAKE THE SERIES MORE IN-DEPTH WITH A PROPER SYSTEM FOR AN ANTICHEAT IN PLACE IN FUTURE VIDEOS TO BETTER EXPLAIN STUFF, HENCE WHY I HAD SOME CLASSES AND PACKAGES PRE-MADE).

Episode 1 - The Basic Hacks:
    --- Post updated ---
    Apologies for the bad audio!

I'll have it fixed soon, I accident left my microphone again fairly high, so it picked up a lot of my noise unintentionally.

In the upcoming videos later on I'll have it fixed!

Posted Jun 6, 2019
    leo_thya likes this.
  2. What's your typing speed?

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  3. About 120-150wpm

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2019
  4. Nice guide! Hopefully players can find this useful to detect cheaters even faster! Thumbs up from me!

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  5. A 120-150 WPM. *speechless* Mine is about 100 at best 70-100. And like 10 if I'm thinking on the fly. Nice guide though!

Watching the video I would like to see why you assign certain variables as "long" instead of "int"

Posted Jun 6, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 6, 2019
  6. Great guide man. Hopefully, this will help out. I've seen blatant cheaters not get banned since there "wasn't enough evidence" props to you, hopefully, this helps out.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  7. I like your guide. I love how you used a hacked client for educational purposes only to show everyone what KA (Kill Aura) and other hacks look like. There is nothing wrong with using a hacked client in survival to test what hacks do and how they look as long as it is not on ANY SERVER that DOES'NT APPROVE. If you are curious about hacks, I would recommend trying a client in survival, and view the client's code to get further insight on how these cheat clients work.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  8. Using your idea. I'd love to make a server where hacks are legal and see how far it gets. Just a side thought.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  9. System.currentTimeMillis() returns a long

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  10. Okay that makes sense. Thanks! @San Holo

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  11. I have done that before, though not for videos. It's mostly a legal issue for doing that as a couple of clients believe it or not do have some form of legal protection.

Lets take the Vape Client for example, they're under legal protection and can strike down any video they want showcasing anything bad about their client, or anything they deem "Bad". After 3 strikes from anyone, your YouTube channel gets terminated, hence why I am careful to not show much in regards to that.

There are some servers like that actually used for AntiCheat testing/Client testing.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2019
  12. Keep sprint is actually allowed (Better Sprint)

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  13. But from what I am aware, it doesn't continue to make you sprint when against a wall trying to go foward in which you can't unlike some broken clients that force sprint for some reason

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2019
  14. BetterSprint does make you keep sprinting when you hit a wall, well let me rephrase that it will make you start sprinting again when you no longer are hitting a wall.
    --- Post updated ---
    you Donny have to toggle it on again after hitting a wall, it'll just make you start sprinting.

Posted Jun 6, 2019
  15. That's not what I am referring to at all.

Go run and hit a wall, continue to face the direction of the wall and try to sprint. You won't be able to unlike some hacked clients that still send the sprint packet either way.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 6, 2019
  16. KeepSprint isn’t the same as Auto Sprint, keep sprint allows the player to continue running at the same speed after you do something that makes it reset

Posted Jun 6, 2019