• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2579 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Gladiators Tournament!

Discussion in 'Gladiators' started by Crazyy_Tim, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Hey everyone!

This weekend I will be hosting a Gladiators tournament in my MPS! Here is all the info you need to know:

Time: Saturday, 11:30AM AEST

How do I sign up?
    Comment down below your IGN and I will add you to the Challonge bracket
    Link:
    -unapproved link-

EDIT: Mineplex is having problems with the link. Just type it into the browser, the link isn’t very difficult to remember

I hope to see you all there!

Posted Jan 28, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 1, 2019
  2. Hey!

This is cool to see. Sadly, I will be unable to attend, but I am so happy to see a fellow Australian hosting a tournament. I'll definitely tell some people about this tournament and hopefully they will be available for it. It's great that you are doing this!

-Animal

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  3. Unfortunately, I won't be able to participate either, but I hope it's fun!

Posted Jan 29, 2019
  4. Thanks for your replies! After consulting my calendar I have now realized I won't be available for 10.00AM either! I have changed the time to 11.30AM. Does that help your attendance?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 1, 2019
  5. Unfortunately, I am still unable to attend. However, I wish you the best of luck with your tournament!

Posted Feb 1, 2019
  6. Hi again,
    I might be able to participate. I have a COTC team (Clash of the Cakes) and we are scheduled to be playing at 6:30 PM EST which is 10:30 AM AEST. I'll enter the tournament, and hopefully, I will be done by 11:30 AEST, but I can't be sure. I may have to drop out though if my Cakewars game goes over. Thank you for this opportunity! My IGN is Snowwii. Feel free to friend me In-game so I can communicate to you if I will be able to participate.

Posted Feb 1, 2019
  7. Thanks for replying. Due to the lack of participants the event was cancelled. I'll PM you if I ever decide to make another one though!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 2, 2019
  8. Okay, thanks for letting me know. Feel free to friend me still.

Posted Feb 2, 2019
  9. Heyo,

I used to be apart of the MCL (formerly known as Mineplex Competitive League) and it's now Minecraft Competitive League and I was one of the managers of the entire organization. Anyways, we created the official tournaments for Mineplex: the Battle of the Bridges (both tournaments), Mine-Strike Tournament, and recently the Clash of the Cakes.

Since it is an official partner of Mineplex, I will link their forums: -unapproved link- and you can get in contact with one of the current managers.

Being the creator of the Battle of the Bridges tournaments, I want to give some word of advice. First is getting an audience. You want to make sure that the game you're wishing to create a tournament for is well-played and then make a plan.

I happen to still have the rough draft for the BoTB: Winter Haven tournament structure: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uLFB8IL2Jddjjto6xEWz28okK7OmlRF2EtnazfmdHOs/edit. I had my team give me ideas, I pulled people well-known in the Bridges community and asked them for advice on what they think a competitive style game should be and then we came to the final conclusion after countless meetings. You definitely want a team to help with the structure of the tournament, to prevent bias and favoritism of the rulebook.

Again, this is just a word of advice. But definitely get in contact with MCL, the website has all of the resources available for registering teams and your idea with their team of experiences tournament managers, it can be possible for this to be official in the future.

Good luck!

Posted Feb 4, 2019
    cerns likes this.