• 266 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1429 Players Online
  • 1163 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Gladiators Map - Aramis

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by Wolfayy, May 14, 2019.

Tags:
?

Is this a good map?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. Posted May 14, 2019
    Sokhi and Danese like this.
  2. Heyo!

I really like this map for Gladiators! You done a great job, the overall foresty theme shows in this map and it would fit great for this mini-game. The pallette you used for the walls of the map suit perfectly also. Good job Wolfayy :D

Posted May 14, 2019
    Wolfayy likes this.
  3. Thanks so much!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 14, 2019
  4. As I've said to you recently, I really like the map, and it would be nice having that map in the game!

You've done a great job!

Posted May 14, 2019
    Wolfayy likes this.
  5. :D

OP OP
  6. OKay so a few things... I feel like the higher part might be an issue as you can easily knock people off and camp there.. Another thing is you did the Data points wrong... You need to use a green wool block with a golden pressure plate on top for the spawnpoints in the spectator area and a yellow wool block with a iron pressure plate on top for the spawns in the pvp area.. Additionally a sponge in the middle between both spawns with a sign above with the text "LOOK_AT" would be nice.. That would make the players look at the middle of the map! This is not needed but I recommend it as its nicer for general quality of life on the map! :) Otherwise its looking pretty good :P
    ~powh

Posted May 14, 2019
  7. Hey there!
    I think you've done an amazing job at making this map, although I can see many people just jumping off without taking the time to walk down the stairs :)

Posted May 14, 2019
    Wolfayy likes this.
  8. I've never made a map before so I'm not 100% sure if I did it right, but thanks for the advice i'll make sure to fix these for the next map I make!
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks a lot. I've tested and from where you spawn and jump off you don't take fall damage.

OP OP
  9. I LOVE this map for Gladiators, plus there hasn't been that many maps in Gladiators.

WHO VOTED NO IN THE POLLS???

Posted May 17, 2019 at 8:06 AM
    Wolfayy likes this.
  10. Thanks so much!!!!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2019 at 11:19 AM
  11. Heyo!
    I'd say for your first map this is extremely well done! I do however have a few notes I'd like to give.
    • The terrain on the top (https://imgur.com/a/aQOuh0b) looks a little messy more so "chunky" but don't get me wrong it still looks really good.
    • I'm worried about the height of the 2 ledges since players could knock them off but that isn't a huge deal, if you happen to get feedback on this I'd suggest putting barrier blocks to just block that area off and expanding the main area out by like 4 blocks.
    • As stated above, your data points aren't fully correct. Here is the guidelines for Nano Gladiators (towards the bottom), here is the guidelines for Data Points. I'd highly suggest adding a SPONGE data point in the center then placing a sign that says LOOK_AT (this will make it so when a player spawns their head is set to look at that direction).
    Anyways, I really do like this map and I hope to see it on the server soon. If you get feedback and make edits towards the map It would be cool if you dropped screenshots here so we can see the progress. Keep up the great work!

~Cheers

Posted May 17, 2019 at 1:10 PM
    Wolfayy likes this.
  12. OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 17, 2019 at 3:44 PM
  13. Couldn't have said it better myself! Also the terrain could use some smoothing on the bottom parts near the bridge/walkway. Oh and also, maybe add some decoration around the tops of the map!

Posted May 17, 2019 at 7:01 PM
  14. I have fixed all these errors

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2019 at 2:53 AM
  15. Heck, this map is really good! You've done a good job with using colors that blend well together and the theme itself is nice too <3
    It's one of the better maps I've seen, and you've put a lot of detail in the little space you had to work with. Especially well-done on the small trees. :D

Posted May 18, 2019 at 6:16 AM
    Wolfayy likes this.
  16. Thanks so much!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2019 at 6:45 AM
    xOeuf likes this.