• 266 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6019 Players Online
  • 5753 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex- Everybody's Childhood?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Lilia, Jun 16, 2021.

?

Is it everbody's childhood?

Poll closed Jun 30, 2021.
  1. Most likely, or barley anybody

18.0%
  2. Most likely, imo

84.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. It was a part of mine! I wish I played more now I don't play much!

Posted Jun 18, 2021
  2. Not a huge part of my childhood, but it was definitely very important to me during my first teenage years.

I originally joined in 2014 and mainly played SG and SSM - I loved the multiplayer version of Minecraft and it was the first server I ever joined hence I stuck with it. It wasn't until I was 13-14 though that I joined the forums, met loads of new people, and truly involved myself with the actual community; and that is when the server became special to me. In 2017 I joined the staff team. That's when it really started having an impact. I had my group of friends already but becoming staff gave me so many additional, new opportunities to meet new people and interact with the server in interesting ways.

Afterwards I left for about 2 years and came back in late 2020. The community has certainly changed a ton and I miss Mineplex in the past, but don't dwell on it at the same time either. I do miss the evenings I would grind SG and lose every game, or when I tried out Skywars for the first time and got HOOKED in v2, but I love where I am at right now too. Mineplex is no longer a priority in my life by a long shot, but I am very grateful for everything I got out of the network as it helped me grow as a person. I have met so many great people which I am thankful for also!

Posted Jun 19, 2021
  3. I first started playing Minecraft and Mineplex around August 8th, 2014, when I was ten years old. It is a big part of my childhood as it was all I did with my free time. I had a youtube channel where I would make Mineplex content. Still, my videos and channel never got a lot of attention, but that's understandable because the videos were just absolutely terrible. I continued to play Mineplex and make tons of friends, but sadly, around the 2017-2018 year, I stopped playing Minecraft altogether. I do not know what caused me to leave, but I did. I would no longer actively play Minecraft, but in 2019, I remember logging on once a month to collect my monthly reward, but that is the only attention I ever gave Minecraft/Mineplex. The year 2020 came around, and with that, the pandemic, I started playing Mineplex again and applied for staff, not expecting to get accepted but here I am 6 months later. Getting staff has lead to me making so many friends just like I did before in the Mineplex community, and I am grateful for it and happy that this is the server I chose to grow up on.

So that is the short version of what has happened, but yes, I would say Mineplex was my childhood.

Posted Jun 19, 2021
  4. I wouldn't say Mineplex was part of my childhood, but more so my early teenage years. I don't really remember how I discovered Mineplex, but I joined Mineplex around 2014 and I've played consistently (for the most part) since then. I played a few servers prior to Mineplex, which I would consider being part of my childhood as I was a lot younger then, however, I don't remember the names. I do know quite a few people who played Mineplex during their younger years, so I do think this applies to certain people. When I first started playing I would be online nearly all day after school, up until I had to go to school the next morning for a few years. I took a few long breaks during my time on Mineplex, but for the most part, it was a pretty decent portion of my life during these past few years!

Posted Jun 20, 2021
  5. Heyy!

This is definitely a very interesting topic. Mineplex has made up a pretty good portion of my childhood as I joined back in around 2015 and have played it ever since. I was introduced to it by a friend of mine in 6th grade where we started playing Champions Domination and then I initially got into some other games like Super Smash Mobs and Castle Siege too. That said, I actually didn't consistently play it throughout every year, and I often spent the majority of my time on it during the summer months and then I'd be off and on for the remainder of the year. Around when the pandemic began and leading up to the time that I got Trainee around 10 months ago however, I started playing it super regularly and grew very active on most of the Mineplex platforms ranging from in-game, here on the forums, and on Discord. I'm so grateful that I ultimately ended up making the decision to apply for staff more than 10 months ago since I've had a phenomenal experience here on the team and have made so many amazing friends here (all who I probably would not have met otherwise), and it's honestly just been one of the things that has really helped me get through the pandemic and lockdowns too. Both as a community member and as a staff member my time here has been fantastic, and when all is said and done I would say that Mineplex has definitely made up a good portion of my childhood.

Posted Jun 20, 2021
    WowCaleb likes this.
  6. Hello! Although I can’t say it took any part in my childhood as I believe I started playing in 2019 after I graduated high school. It’s been very fun and entertaining to play and I don’t think I would’ve liked it any more or less if I started playing earlier or later. It was the first Minecraft server I ever started playing on and for that it has a place in my heart as since then I’ve grown a great fondness for Minecraft. For those who were playing at an early age I see no problem in that as everyone has different interests at different stages of their life, I’m happy to see those who have played many years ago, and even recently, are still here adding to the great community Mineplex has established. (:

Posted Jun 21, 2021