• 1672 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5783 Players Online
  • 4111 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex Cake Wars Playstyle Guide

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by rexh17, Jun 17, 2019.

1. This is a guide of Cake Wars "playstyles" . In this guide I will rate how hard it is to play this play style on a scale of one to ten, how aggressive this playstyle is from one to ten and a brief description. Tell me what playstyle you play and any playstyles I might have missed. This is my first guide :D. This guide's purpose is to help players, both new ones and ones bored of their current playstyle, to choose a playstyle that fits them.
    note: Nobody has a fixed playstyle and their playstyle can change as the game goes on.

Passive-Aggressive
    Difficulty:3

Aggressiveness:5.5
    This playstyle is probably one of the easiest playstyles to play. If you are new to the game this is the playstyle for you. In the beginning of the game you'd see them bridging to emerald points and capturing them for their teams. They typically avoid attacking bases or fighting unless they absolutely have to and once they capture the two emerald points bordering their base, hang out in the generator and try to achieve full diamond. They might try to join more aggressive playstyles in the end game and try to finish off other players with them.

Passive
    Difficulty:3.6
    Aggressiveness:4

This playstyle is the second least aggressive playstyle and they buys endstone in the beginning of the game and cover up their cake. If you are new to the game and are more on the defensive side, than this is the playstyle for you. They typically don't rush emerald points or mid but will help their teammates recapture them as long as nobody is there. They typically avoid attacking bases or players unless they have to. At the end of the game you will see them buying obsidian and tnt traps to defend their base. They are not the best pvper, but they still contribute to the team at the end of the game and should be respected for their efforts.

Aggressive
    Difficulty:6
    Aggressiveness:6

This playstyle saves his aggressiveness for the mid game or the end of the round, and in the begging, you see them buying iron and not doing much else until they are full iron.If you are good at pvp but bad at bridging than this is the playstyle for you. Once you have full iron they move and are pretty unstoppable. People who play this playstyle are typically good at pvp and help Rushers to eat cakes and kill players. Rushers might use them as distractions in the end game when people have obi. You'll also see them buy runes of holdings so they don't use their weapons.

Rushers
    Difficulty:6.5
    Aggressiveness:8-9

This is the most aggressive playstyle and the one I personally usually play. If you can bridge, pvp, and handle large amounts of fighting, this is the playstyle for you.They typically wait a few seconds before buying wool, not bothering to cover up their cake the lesser aggressive ones go straight for the emerald points not caring if they are already taken or not, while the more aggressive ones head straight for the middle. They get into fights quit often and usually go for cakes with wool or no defense in the beginning sometimes being quite successful in these attempts and racking up plenty of kills and cakes. They buy picks and swords early in the game to be able to get through endstone, and the will spend their emeralds on ender pearls, tnt pollys, and runes of holdings and if they choose to target you they will not give up until your defense is at the very least weakened. This is the playstyle most youtubers play, and it may seem like a fun playstyle, but if you are not prepared for fight after fight after fight, than this playstyle might frustrate you.

Defenders
    Difficulty:9
    Aggressiveness:1

This is the least aggressive playstyle in the game and the hardest to play. If you are responsible with money, can avoid overspending on useless blocks, and think you can pvp in an emergency scenario, than this playstyle could be for you.This playstyle is often dissatisfied with the defense everyone else places and they do their best to build extravagant walls and 3 layered or pyramid style cake defenses. They spend all the bricks and emeralds they get to buy blocks to continue their base defense and often don't save any for armor or weapons. They may think their defense is op but when a good player ender pearls in, they are helpless to defend their cake because they can't even hit their opponent into the void because of the wall. They are often new to cake wars and think this is a good playstyle to start off with but they might want to start off with a more aggressive playstyle. They often destroy bridges and try to blocktrap opponents, and they spend their emeralds on obsidian and tnt traps. They underestimate their pvp potential and refuse to even try it, resulting in more aggressive teammates getting frustrated when they have to attack bases alone.

Posted Jun 17, 2019,
    Last edited Jun 18, 2019
  2. Hi!

I love the guide and how much work you've put into it! I also have some tips on how you can organize your guides better.

Make sure to space out each section and maybe put some bold and underlined text to differentiate each section

EX:

Passive-Aggressive
    Difficulty: 3
    Aggressiveness: 5.5

Have a nice day :D

Posted Jun 18, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  3. Thanks for the tips, I implemented your suggestions and will implement them in any similar guide I make

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 18, 2019
    MiladKhan | iDaimyo likes this.
  4. First of all thank you for this thread. I feel to will be really useful for a variety of players. I personally prefer fast paced rushing/aggressive style. Thanks again for the guide!

Posted Jun 18, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  5. Hey there!

I think this is a really great guide! It's cool that you have a lot of knowledge about Cake Wars. I am currently trying to get better at Cake Wars, as it is probably the most played game in Mineplex. There are many players that play Cake Wars that are very good. They fit well to the playstyles you provided, too. Thanks for the guide!

Have a great rest of your day!

-JYTG

Posted Jun 23, 2019
  6. lol this game isnt that complicated. i have to face 4 egirls who team up and attempt to get ez wins on the new players (and usually) beat them. doesnt take too much skill.. i would only play this game if they came out with a solo version lol its too toxic when 4 eboys and egirls get salty for losing to someone who doesnt even play pvp games lmao.

Posted Jun 23, 2019
  7. Alrighty then, you can believe what you want we are all entitled to our own opinions. I actually find the game to be quite strategic. Why would you take the time to read my guide AND to reply to it if you have no interest in cake wars?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2019
  8. Posted Jul 1, 2019
    Outplqy3d and rexh17 like this.
  9. OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2019
    • General Rudeness Severity 1
    because what else interesting is there to talk about on this forum? 99% of the posts nowadays are trainee wannabes who act nice for the attention of the other staff members lmao. not only that but I felt obligated to reply because I thought there was no way anyone could think this game was strategic in the slightest. to my ultimate surprise you're saying it unironically though..

Posted Jul 1, 2019
  10. What do you mean, all games are supposed to be strategic.....

Posted Jul 1, 2019
    rexh17 likes this.
  11. just the real question is why are they ranked in difficulties as if hes trying to say its actually hard to play this game.

Posted Jul 1, 2019
  12. The point is to show hard difficult the particular play style is to master, to help new players choose one.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 1, 2019
  13. there are new mineplex players in 2019?

nah jk. id say more but if you say your point the wrong way on these forums your account gets locked. gonna leave it at this. not worth it lmao

Posted Jul 1, 2019
    AsianDynasty699 likes this.
  14. i dont know. Me and my friends have won a cakewars game with it being 4 players on every team in 88 seconds so I guess we rush.
    Our strat is to have two squads.
    One squad goes for the right the other to the left
    Then you move to the last team when they are done. Its fast

Posted Jul 2, 2019
  15. How often do you get on the same team? In our scenario, were 3 people. One goes for each team, if one fails we just clean up that team later. If 2 fail we just go one by one, if all of us fail, well.....

Posted Jul 2, 2019
    rexh17 and Outplqy3d like this.
  16. You have to select the sheep in a way then you will be put on the same team, its hard to do but it sometimes will work then we destroy

Posted Jul 2, 2019
  17. Although I hardly even touch java cake wars, as of bedrock id classify my self as a passive-aggressive depending on how I'm feeling each game. Nice to see someone who knows lots of perspectives on the game.

:bedrock:

[​IMG]

Posted Jul 2, 2019,
    Last edited Jul 2, 2019
  18. Honestly, on bedrock the real challenge is getting on the same team with more than 2 friends xD

Back when cake wars had kits, in a party we could finish a game in less than a minute almost. Now without kits, I feel like with a party the fastest we can finish a game is around 3 minutes? Ish.
    "if one fails..."
    Haha me
    I'm not the greatest at PvP. But I would agree with @el4ctrified that I'm a fairly good rusher

Nice post.

Posted Jul 2, 2019
  19. Yeah I can never get on a team with my friends it is honestly annoying

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 2, 2019