• 859 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2943 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Mineplex app

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by supervigy, Aug 4, 2019.

?

Should there be a Mineplex Application for mobile?

1. Yes

70.0%
  2. No

30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I would think it would be a good idea to have a Mineplex app. It would make easier to not have to type out the website and it would be more accessible to navigate then on a browser.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  2. I feel like Mineplex should have an app for both platforms of mobile. However, the developers I presume are mainly focusing on the desktop homepage as well as new game updates for both Java and Bedrock. If they had the time, I don't see why not!

Posted Aug 4, 2019
    Zapix likes this.
  3. This is unnecessary. If you go in the fourms on a phone it's completely fine. If you want it to feel like an app, you could add it to your home screen. But it makes no sense to me, to have devs make an app.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  4. I wouldn't call it unnecessary, there was an app before but it was removed during the horrid better together update due to problems.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  5. I don't think having a Mineplex app is necessary. This idea has been brought up in the past and many people disagreed with it since the forums is very mobile-friendly, eliminating the need for a separate app. Plus, creating an app can take quite a lot of time and effort, which would be spent on an unnecessary task. Overall, I don't think it would be a good idea to allocate our development resources for a mobile app.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  6. This has been suggested in the past and consequently denied. It's simply not necessary - the web browser version of the Mineplex forums is, as said above, mobile-friendly. Making an application simply because "it's hard to type out the website" is honestly not a good idea. Sure, this could be a feature in the future, but right now, there's absolutely no reason to be using developmental resources on it.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  7. I feel like if this were to happen, it would be at the very bottom of the development. Last week I got on the forums from my phone and couldn't open the rules and it was hard to find forum posts. I just feel like an app could be beneficial but I feel like just an update to the mobile website part would be enough.

Posted Aug 4, 2019
  8. Thank you for submitting this idea; unfortunately, there are no plans to create a Mineplex app. Creating a mobile app would take a significant toll on our current web developer and we would need to invest more development time in order for such a project to be feasible. In addition, the website is already quite mobile-friendly and there is no reason to create an app if users can already experience it. While it would be a convenient addition for users, it is unnecessary considering there are many more important tasks to be done on the site.

Thread Locked - Not Planned

Posted Oct 16, 2019
    BasicT and nolawn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.