• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10011 Players Online
  • 7121 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Mineplex app

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Loptan, Aug 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heyo! First of all I want to say that we NEED a mineplex app. It would have the same layout as the website. And mostly the forums and shop. Thanks <3

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  2. To be honest, I don't think we really need an app. First it would take a lot of dev time to do and second, the web version of the app is already mobile friendly so I don't think there is a need for it. From a business perspective, it would be a lot of cost for little benefit

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  3. there was a idea thread a while ago with the same idea that was marked as not planned for the reasoning below.

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/mineplex-app.62854/

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  4. The website already has mobile support, how do you think an application would benefit the server?

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  5. Hey! I don't think this actually needs to happen. This has been suggested many times before but the website is already mobile-friendly. Creating an app requires a lot of time and that time could be put into something else like a new game or an update. Also, Mineplex would need to find app developers and they aren't cheap.

Sorry, I don't think this should happen.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  6. Hello!

I don’t really think this is necessary like imedia and Sven said, the Mineplex website is mobile-friendly. I typically go on the forums on my phone instead of using my computer. I find it works just awesome! Though I definitely see where you are coming from, it’s not really needed. Thanks for your post!

Warm wishes,
    Brook

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  7. I personally don’t think there should be a Mineplex app. I can see the reasoning behind your idea, but unfortunately I disagree. The website is already extremely mobile-friendly; there really isn’t a need for a separate app, and I don’t think that dev time should be allocated to making this. Our current web developer is already very busy working on the site and I don’t think he’d have the time to work on a mobile app. -1, thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Aug 7, 2020
  8. Unfortunately I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. There have been suggestions for a Mineplex app in the past, and they've sadly been denied, like the one @ScarletBlood37 has linked above. I use the forums on my mobile 90% of the time and I can easily do all of the things that I normally do on a computer, so I really don't think that investing time and resources to make an app would be a good idea. Unfortunately I'll be giving this idea a -1.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
    PurpleBlock and ScarletBlood37 like this.
  9. Hey there,

There actually used to be a Mineplex app but it was mainly for the bedrock edition. I think it turned out that many people didn't actively use the app and it was mostly a waste of development time. Anyway, as other mentioned above, the mobile version of mineplex.com already looks and works pretty well! Sorry but -1 from me.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
    PurpleBlock likes this.
  10. Has been denied and denied. I really don't see a need for an app when Xenforo is already so much more user friendly when compared to Enjin. It is not worth the developer time to use on an app when we can use it to better our website and possibly make it even better for mobile users.

Posted Aug 7, 2020
    PurpleBlock and PROSTONE like this.
  11. Hey! Like I've already said this has been denied multiple times. You can see an example of this here (https://www.mineplex.com/threads/mineplex-app.62854/). This has been denied because it's not needed since the current website is mobile-friendly so it's just not needed. Also, we don't have the developer to do it and it would take time and money to find one. Due to this, I will be marking this thread as "Not Planned" and locking it.

Thread Locked >> Not Planned

Posted Aug 9, 2020
  12. An app would be very cool but like the others said, it’s time consuming when the website is perfectly fine

Posted Aug 9, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.