• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex 2019

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by antSTAR, Apr 11, 2019.

1. antSTAR

antSTAR

Okay so I have been playing Mineplex since 2013 and omg I have never EVER seen Mineplex like this, its unfortunately unplayable! Like the lag damn I can't even be in the Lobby without the lag and the Minigames, okay some games are lag free but come on I want the real and good Mineplex back, the old Admins and the og Owners.
    So, staff please try to fix this issue and I can promise you this, it aint just me that thinks that Mineplex is getting worse and worse for every day.

Posted Apr 11, 2019
  2. Ocelotguyy

Ocelotguyy

o/ First of all I think it may just be your internet speed or connection that's causing you lag as the server is not 'laggy' in general. It's very likely your internet. Aaand second of all lots of people enjoy playing Mineplex, myself included. Saying it's getting worse and worse every day is just a personal opinion I guess, but I think it's being improved every update. ;p

Posted Apr 11, 2019
    pzazz likes this.
  3. GUNZxNxROSEZ

GUNZxNxROSEZ

Don't mean to crash the party but that's exactly what I'm doing. /shrug

Simply put, don't pay for McDonalds WiFi, like the builder mentioned above. Also, you've got to realize, "wanting the "real" Mineplex back, the old admins and owners..." it just makes no sense. People come and go. Previous owners, either found better opportunities or just couldn't handle running the server or of course, resigned just because.

As for the admins, they can be removed anytime. You being here for now almost 6 years, I am sure you're aware of the many admins that have been released from the staff team or just simply resigned because of many reasons you can find someone they might've posted it.

It's no secret Mineplex has spent countless hours realizing the volume of players has decreased within the past two years. It's also no secret Mineplex has been attempting to improve many aspects within the network and community itself, one huge one being the website. Also, their feedback system - which I think is about time so we can all actually see what's to come or won't.

The excitement might not be the same when playing on Mineplex or the drive to want to keep on playing, but this is Minecraft itself, to be honest. Just, the game itself (in my opinion) isn't as fun as before. Playing a game for so long tends to get boring and not as fun.

Have you met the Mineplex forums? Everyone knows this.

Posted Apr 11, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  4. Jango_55

Jango_55

It might be your computer too. If so I can only sympathize.
    --- Post updated ---
    It might not be getting worse but the player count is significantly down and there are way too many hackers.

Posted Apr 12, 2019
  5. MythicalCake

MythicalCake

First off, as everyone has said, you need to check your internet connection first. The server is only occasionally laggy for me, and it's more than playable on my end.
    Second off, staff come and go. Just getting the same admins from 6 years ago isn't gonna do anything because
    A. they left for a reason
    B. things change, so it wouldn't make sense to have the same staff team for many years.

I get that a lot of people miss the old Mineplex - trust me, I feel you - but this is the server now. It's smaller and more tight-knit, with a different staff team than 6 years ago.

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 12:24 AM
  6. ZeldarinaX

ZeldarinaX

The server has gotten way more laggy with me as well! And it's only on Mineplex, the other minigames servers are fine, so I'm not sure what is up. Also all my friends have been complaining about lag loads now, something's definitely changed.

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 3:17 AM
    Jaekub likes this.
  7. Crazyy_Tim

Crazyy_Tim

Lag is most likely caused by bad internet. Some servers just have different ways of dealing with bad internet. With Mineplex, they make the fact that you have bad internet blatant.

P.S. You have been playing since 2013 but you are only level 30? That sounds suspicious

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 4:05 AM
  8. Foww

Foww

Yes, by putting cosmetic updates out is really going to help the player base.

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 4:25 AM
  9. Luxford

Luxford

Heya! As a person who's been around for a while and a content creator, I'd love to put my input on this!
    Mineplex right now is a good server, 2000 players is no joke, but honestly cosmetics and better systems aren't going to bring people back/ to the server. They need to come up with " the next big thing" so they can even the playing field with their competition. I also agree that Mineplex needs to somehow attract (paid/sponsor/ask) some higher end content creators to come onto the server and record/stream. I personally think that these two things are the keys to success for Mineplex.

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 6:46 AM
    antSTAR, PapiKirito and Jaekub like this.
  10. Jaekub

Jaekub

For some people, only Mineplex lags for them. For example, if my internet is super slow and I can't do anything on Mineplex, other servers work perfectly fine with very little lag. I'm just glad my internet is decent enough to work on Mineplex.

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 7:23 AM
  11. ClassN

ClassN

As a person who's been in the community for a long time, I honestly don't get the hype that people have for the "old MIneplex." To me, that brings up a lot of issues in my mind. Refusal to listen to the community on anything, incompetent/abusive admins, lack of meaningful updates, etc. The problems with the "old Mineplex" were basically the reason I started becoming active in the community in the first place: so I could criticize these things and hopefully be a small reason for change to happen.

Of course I understand there are things we all wish would come back. Various games, various people, and up until the lobby update, the tree. But to me, these nostalgic factors never outweighed the negatives I saw with the server. This is also not to say the server is perfect now... it's not. I still think some leaders have no idea what they're doing. I still think there's a lot of room for community feedback being listened to. I still think there are plenty of updates that need to happen ASAP, or else some game communities will be gone forever (SSM, Champions, Mine-Strike, etc.). But I also think we've made strides since the old days. We've seen updates to plenty of games, and Community Management has put in effort to listen to the community. Even some of the less competent leaders are gone, like Sigils.

Overall, I see where you're coming from, and rest assured you're not alone in these sentiments, but I don't really agree. If we take steps back, we'd be regressing when we should be progressing. As far as lag goes, it's possible it's a you thing. Maybe install Optifine if you haven't already, or if your budget is substantial, invest in some better parts for your computer. I personally haven't experienced a lot of lag.

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 9:20 AM
    PapiKirito likes this.
  12. PapiKirito

PapiKirito

Idk what you're on about. I run a crappy Mac laptop and I don't lag at all unless it's something with my internet. Compared to fps drops in micro battles or other games on the old MP, the current system is great. Imo, I actually like how Mineplex is right now in terms of mini-games and management, the only things I wish would return from years past are the players and an anti cheat developer.

Posted Apr 13, 2019 at 1:22 PM
  13. ezlee6

ezlee6

I wouldn't really call the server unplayable when it's pretty obvious it is. For 80% of my day throughout the server, I never lag, and if I am chances are it's mostly my connection, not Mineplex's. Us as a Network can't go back the "old days". We can't get "the old Admins and the og Owners" back. It doesn't work that way. Everything has it's peak. Think about it in a video game stand point, Games like Call of Duty, GTA, Fortnite, Apex Legends, even Minecraft, have all had their time in the light. Same can be said about Minecraft Servers in general. We can't go back, only forward. Trying to force the server back to it's glory days will not work. I'm sorry you feel this way and apparently many others do too, but that's nothing we can change. The best we can try is just making your experience better, but with a negative mindset and always wanting to be stuck in the past, you won't ever change or be satisfied. I feel like we don't need post like these always wanting to go back to the past when it can't happen. A mindset always stuck in the past is a mindset that's never gonna move forward and that's what needs to happen. Let's move on.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 12:57 PM
  14. txh

txh

I play Mineplex every day of my life and I can confirm it is indeed playable.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 1:18 PM
  15. 5x12 (bren)

5x12 (bren)

Where do you start with a post like this, jesus..

There is hardly any lag, it's probably your connection.
    And the best part of this,

"The Real Mineplex" As far as I can tell, this is Mineplex and not some knockoff - if you've been playing for as long as you said, I'm pretty sure you would understand that people find more opportunities or have lives to attend to.
    You're right, it isn't just you that thinks this but you also seem to leave out how many people seem to enjoy Mineplex for how it is right now.

If it's getting worse and worse (and you being the clear pillar of wisdom), give solutions to this ongoing problem, as an old player - you must know how to improve a server you know so well.
    Also which issue? You basically generalize everything into repeated complaints without providing any sort of new things to the table.
    At the end of this, all this thread you created is a reiteration of every other thread and like the last one like this, you brought zero new things to the table.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 1:41 PM
  16. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

I have been in this community for a long time; I do see there were tons of changes in the past until now. Although, I do not see the major issues with the lag. When I'm on the server, I do not have too much trouble recently, and it is still fine. I know that some of the owners and admins come and go. Unfortunately, it will not be the same the way how Mineplex was 3+ years ago, and we cannot physically go back to the past.

I have some wishes before like going back in time 6-7 years ago, but I'm afraid that it will not be going to happen sadly.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 2:06 AM
  17. Iscariot

Iscariot

I'll say this and only this: A couple thousand players is incredibly little compared to 2013, 2014, etc. sure, but consider that this server has managed to last six years. That's pretty good honestly, and the majority of server communities would be so excited for even a couple hundred players. I don't play, I haven't played this game in general for a few years. But what I do know is that Mineplex is still around for a reason, and though it's seemingly very little compared to the success of HP/HT, [I'm trying to be considerate with giving names, use your noggin], Mineplex is still around and those who enjoy it hopefully enjoy it while it's here. I can see you're annoyed by this, and I'm sorry that the *issues* mentioned cannot easily be altered. I wish things were different sometimes because then maybe people would be more excited to get involved, but it's a great realization when you figure out that less can definitely be more. It doesn't have to be the top server, it doesn't have to be massive... and every company has flaws. It is so common that people leave, people change interests, monetary needs alter and the market changes. Again, I apologize that you're angry but hopefully this helped relieve a bit of that overwhelming feeling that Mineplex is going away!

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 2:47 AM
    Vocaloiid and lili. like this.