• 735 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9173 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex’s logic with taunts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Glitchy, Aug 18, 2019.

1. I did not know it could be used as an insult. sorry

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  2. Oh man. I thought this whole thread was just a little joke and wasn't as serious since it is in the 'offtopic' section. But anyways, there's already been a few posts about removing taunts, and I don't really understand why people are getting so upset about it. Like I've said above, Mineplex created taunts as a joke, and they're supposed to be silly.

Not to mention, I'm pretty sure Mineplex won't remove taunts either (As well as the condescending ones like the, 'is this easy mode' taunt you are talking about.) If you are wondering why, it is because around 50 people voted saying they would like taunts to stay a thing as a whole.

And even if Mineplex were to remove just one taunt, the community wouldn't be so happy. I personally wouldn't care if they removed the, 'is this easy mode' taunt, but a majority of people would think the decision was terrible. Also, it wouldn't really be fair to the people that unlocked the taunt as they spent a lot of time and dedication trying to get that specific taunt to use.

~Hopefully this helped.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  3. I agree it shouldn't be censored either, by censoring it they are treating it like a bad word.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  4. You guys act like the only solutions we want is to just remove the taunt. Changing or replacing the taunt is possible ya know.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.
  5. There would likely be a vocal group, but do you have proof a majority would not want to?

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  6. I’m not necessarily saying a whole majority of the community would be saying it is a bad idea, in fact most people wouldn’t care, what I’m saying is there will most likely be more people wanting the taunt back instead of thanking the devs for taking the taunt out.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  7. So what you’re saying is, if a minority hate it, don’t follow through with that change, makes sense (not really), also this wasn’t meant to be a debate thread

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 20, 2019
  8. Exactly.

Alternatively, one additional option in /prefs would do the trick. Allow each individual to choose if they want to see taunts or not.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  9. Pffft, the point of those votes is that you can disable taunts but you cannot remove them altogether. Which meant that Mineplex has decided that taunts (even cOnDeScEnDiNg ones) have a place in Mineplex.

Because you anti-taunts people have contributed no ideas for any change or replacement besides complaining except @Marzie who at least suggested it to be disabled when you already /ignore a player.

Posted Aug 20, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 20, 2019
  10. Honestly I didn’t see that one

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 20, 2019
  11. well now, that's not what I meant. by "it's meant to be fun" I mean that you shouldn't make such big deal out of it.
    It's meant to be just a joke, and you should take it as joke. sure, some taunts could be uncomfortable (for someone) but you shouldn't be, 'cause it's a joke. now saying "I hate you" is genuinely bad.
    So, that's what I meant by "it's meant to be joke" I hope I made that clear.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  12. So... I guess this taunt does its job well enough if people are getting upset at it.

Although, I don't really think it was intended to upset people like this. Instead of getting so worked up over a taunt that a player uses in game, just take it as motivation to crush the opponent.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  13. I've noticed that is wasn't supposed to be a debate thread which is why I am confused on why people are taking this way too seriously, in my first post, I never meant to look passive aggressive at all since I was just trying to follow along with the joke. I apologize if I did look a little passive aggressive, but it was never my intention.

However, if a minority of people hate it, it would obviously make some of the community unhappy, but I don't know what to say about it, my best advice would be to just avoid looking at the taunts, or just ignore the entire chat in general. I'm sorry if you feel like the taunts seem a little bit toxic, but if more people want the taunt to stay in the game, they wouldn't remove it since they want more of the community to be happier. In that one thread it said they wanted all taunts to be removed, but if you are just talking about the, 'is this easy mode' taunt, I would recommend it in the mineplex.featureupvote.com website since that's where most changes are made.

~If there are anymore questions, or remarks, quote my post, @ me, or just DM me please. :)

Hope this helped. :D

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  14. I haven't seen anyone use it since it was released

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  15. There's been most in-game changes there since it's more of a poll voting system.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  16. I personally believe that the taunts are quite toxic, that's just me though however I doubt they would get removed.

Posted Aug 20, 2019
  17. But do you see a majority of people on the network actually use the platform?

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  18. I mean taunts are supposed to be fun or something like that?

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    PR0M0T3D likes this.
  19. Not everyone does, but I'm saying most in-game updates are changed there. Not that many people do use it, but 600+ people do occasionally vote which is enough to change in-game ideas. Not every person on the network uses it which is normal, it's like having not as many views as your subscribers on youtube.

Posted Aug 21, 2019
  20. I haven't seen people use it very much however, it's picking up dust at the moment

Posted Aug 21, 2019
    PR0M0T3D likes this.