• 304 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8742 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Mineplex’s logic with taunts

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Glitchy, Aug 18, 2019.

1. [​IMG]

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  2. Taunts are meant to be fun and silly, and personally I wouldn't think someone typing "is this easy mode" in chat would be a sincere punishment. So, I'm not so sure about this not so serious post that I am currently responding to. :p

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Thunderbelly and DayOfTheDead like this.
  3. The message is deemed pretty toxic really

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Jango_55, Task and Starx280 like this.
  4. Enough with the "Disable taunts" threads ;-;

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Yato, Danese and Xukuri like this.
  5. taunts are meant to be fun (like creepbro06 said,) and I don't really mind them too much. (because I am already bad at the game and I admit it.)

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  6. Well a condescending taunt really doesn’t have a place here

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Starx280 likes this.
  7. Past thread about the same topic

I played devil's advocate there, and I'm just going to repost my reply here because it still very much applies.

Ahem.

I use taunts to, well, taunt other people. Sometimes I just hop on SSM to troll people, and the easy mode taunt does usually stir things up. I don't say stuff like "ez", but the taunts are perfect because they are an intentional mechanic to, again, taunt others.

You could say that I'm the problem, not the taunts. But then again, I try my best to not leave rude remarks in the chat. It's the perfect alternative. Taunting is perfect because

1) I feel (mostly) quilt-free because it's an intentional mechanic

2) I don't risk myself getting punished while actually being toxic/rude by taunting

3) Sometimes people's reactions to the taunt are enough to get THEM muted, a nice bonus

4) It lights up disbelief in the target of the taunt if they are new to the server, since I'm not directly saying anything -- the server just tells them that I think they are easy.

5)
    [​IMG]

ps: I don't know if taunts still go through ignores, wouldn't be surprised though

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    wOeuf // xOeuf and Danese like this.
  8. Posted Aug 19, 2019
  9. Posted Aug 19, 2019
  10. I mean there's kind of a double standard, I've been warned for calling someone trash and saying ez after I won, yet taunts like this are a thing.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  11. I actually support getting rid of the filter all together and allowing natural selection to occur, this includes allowing taunts to stay in the game as they are

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  12. taunts are something that was added I feel the "is this easy mode taunt" is bad, but there are taunts like blow a kiss or eternal taunt which are amusing. I am against removing taunts.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Danese likes this.
  13. Honestly the way people say and use taunts are completely different. CreepBro is right, if we see someone say that we won’t normally punish for that depending on the context the player says before. If the player is being generally rude in chat then says it then we will most likely punish for General Rudeness but if it’s out of the blue then most times we’ll be lenient about it.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  14. It's legit a joke that Mineplex came up with. Why is everyone so upset about it?

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  15. It doesn't matter what it's meant to be, it just matters what it is.

If I told someone that I hate them, and it was meant to be perceived as a joke, it wouldn't matter because I already hurt them.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  16. Posted Aug 19, 2019
  17. This would be quite a terrible idea (no offence) the toxicity of the community would lead to rampant swearing and NSFW arguments, Mineplex is a kids server and that just wouldn't fly with parents. I do feel that a few words should be removed from the filter such as hack and possibly gay.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  18. I wouldn't mind the "is this easy mode" being removed, however it is unfair to those who unlocked it. Maybe replace it with another taunt?

Also, why is gay filtered? It literally means happy.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  19. Posted Aug 19, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  20. Gay is filtered as it is used to insult homo***ual people, there have been many threads about this being removed however mineplex has decided not to remove it. I feel as though it can be used as an insult, however most words can be and gay is not considered a "bad word".

Posted Aug 19, 2019