• 1629 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1629 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned MineKart

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by pup9, Sep 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not once have I or anyone I've met had an enjoyable experience playing MineKart on Nano games. It's laggy and my frames drop to about 5-10fps. Every time the dreadful game makes its appearance, people leave, if not, complain about how horrible it is. Not once have I seen anyone defend it. Everyone hates it. Please remove it.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  2. I don't hate Minekart, all it needs is better controls and it'd be a fine game. Why not try and fix it first before completely scrapping it? The GI Team has some QoL improvements for the game, if after that it's still widely disliked then maybe removal can be considered but as it stands I think an outright removal is a bit harsh. Personally my only gripe with the game is how inconsistent the controls are but as a concept it's still good. It wouldn't have been created to begin with if so many people didn't request it, clearly people at least like the concept so let's improve on it. If you have some more helpful criticism for how the game could be improved that'd be wonderful.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    Xukuwu, affinity0 and Young_Inventor like this.
  3. Whilst I don't agree it should be scrapped, I can understand where you're coming from. MineKart is certainly towards the more disliked end of the spectrum and the game is rather buggy and borderline unplayable at times, but with the QoL updates @xLeopard mentioned above I think it'll be a lot better. I also know quite a few people enjoy the game, there was even a new map added for the game mode in the latest map update, I think this goes to show that there's still a lot of people supporting the game and that a lot of people would be sad to see it go.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
    xLeopard likes this.
  4. Hey!

I understand your frustration and although I have seen a post similar to this a couple weeks ago, I have to say I agree. At the state MineKart is at right now, it is a mess. In my opinion it's not so much the lag for me, as I've never experienced any sort of frame drop or server latency while playing. If this seems to be your issue it might be something to do with your computer as mine has 0 problems with frames/latency when playing.

However, I have noticed that when you play it the sheep's don't respond to your movements in time. I believe this is a bug. For example, if you choose to move your sheep to the left, it won't move to the left, not until about a second or two after you press the key to move it. This causes a lot of the sheep's crashing into walls and barriers making the game unenjoyable.

I don't believe the game should be scrapped though, because this issue didn't really pop up for me until a couple months ago. Before then the game was perfect. All they really need to do is get the dev team to workout the bugs the game has and then it'll be perfect again like it once was.

Posted Sep 29, 2020
  5. I don't necessarily believe the game should be fully removed, it's honestly a Mineplex classic. But, it does need a lot of improvement, and I wouldn't be totally against temporarily removing the game then adding it back once it functions better. But temporarily removing the game would also upset those who really enjoy Minekart, so it's a toss up.
    As others have said above, the concept is great. The game it's based off of, Mario Kart, is super popular and loved by everyone. Remaking popular video games in Minecraft has had a lot of success in the past, so the idea totally shouldn't be scrapped, just remade.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    Anna ♡ likes this.
  6. With the recent Nano update, there were multiple fixes/changes made to Minekart:
    • Reduced the time and velocity caused by crashing in Minekart.
    • Improved collision detection in Minekart.
    • Fixed an issue with the sheep in Minekart and always rotating correctly.
    • Increased the turning speed of the sheep in Minekart
    • Removed the noteblock song in Minekart
    • Fixed an issue with using the Reset Kart function to get ahead in Minekart
    These changes make the gameplay significantly more refined (specifically the collision detection + velocity reduction and the turning speed) and so should make the game a lot less frustrating.

There is currently no plan to remove Minekart entirely. It's pretty average in terms of how often it gets voted when compared to other games and there are multiple less popular games that are staying.

Not Planned >> game has been improved and is reasonably popular.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    xLeopard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.