• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7215 Players Online
  • 4325 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

MineKart NEEDS to be removed!!!

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by triangleman3000, Jul 31, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I don’t know what the average computer power is among all the players on nano games, but for my cruddy laptop, whenever MineKart comes up it becomes almost impossible to play because of the lag! most of the times i just have to save and quit and even that takes minutes! I just think this game is too laggy to be worth the mario kart in minecraft experience.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  2. Hey,

I'm not going to lie, MineKart is one of my least favorite Nano Games.

Unless you are able to get NASA-levels of ping consistently, the game is unplayable. Even the slightest lag spike results in your sheep going off course, making it almost impossible for you to even place in the given match.

There really isn't anything that can be done about this, however... I'll leave it at that because I can't really think of a good joke to make about Mineplex's history with poor server-wide MS. LMFAO

Besides that, I don't really see a reason to downright remove the game. With regards to lag, every single game on any network can be ruined by poor connection (lag). And, although it is quite infuriating to watch that person in second place pass you and get the finish line because of a slight lag spike that shot you into a wall... think about how many PVP-based games that, due to a lag spike, makes you lose a given match. Should we remove gladiators, turf wars, bomb lobbers, bridges, or any of the other PVP game modes because of that kind of issue?

Also, the reason I dislike MineKart is simply due to the fact that... well... it really isn't my cup of tea. I know many other people who quite enjoy the game mode, and would be really upset if it were removed. This is in stark contrast with Nano games such as reverse tag, where literally everybody that I know dislikes the game in its entirety due to the way in which it operates... But that's a discussion for another time.

-Dan

Posted Jul 31, 2020
    Gardening_Tool and affinity0 like this.
  3. I agree that MineKart can be incredibly lag inducing and that's rather frustrating (I too have a bad laptop so i feel your pain). I've heard many complaints about the game too and I think it's fair to say that it's widely disliked. I wouldn't mind not seeing it around on the server however I know that a fair number of people would miss the game and as it still works that there's no need to remove it.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  4. Hellooo

I can agree with this. As said above, MineKart is known for being one of the least favorite nano games amongst the nano community. It does provide severe lag for some players, and it just isn't fun to play for many. Personally, although I don't lag much, it just isn't fun at all to play. I remember back in 2014 when MineKart was its own game, it had a unique twist with abilities and mobs. With this miniscule, simple version, however, it just isn't hitting with the players. There are some users who enjoy the game though, and there are also other games that the nano community isn't fond of, so if were to get rid of one nano game, there would have to be others deleted. What would you suggest these games be? It's an interesting topic that I'd love to hear more ideas on. Thanks for suggesting!

Posted Jul 31, 2020
    Cryinn likes this.
  5. MineKart is too hard for me! Please remove it!

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  6. Heyo!

I honestly am going to have to disagree with you here. Even though I don't play nano very often, I think MineKart is one of my favorite games in the rotation. I'm sorry that you are experiencing some lag while playing The Mineplex Network, but maybe adjusting your settings will help boost your fps.

The good thing about nano games is that they are not very long! There are also multiple game servers that go on at once. So if you run into a game that you aren't fond of, it won't be a long wait for a new one! Overall, I'm going to have to give your idea a -1.

Keep up the suggesting!

Have a good day/night

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  7. Hey!
    Personally, I don’t mind this game. It isn’t my favorite but it’s also not horrible for me. However, I can see how it can be problematic and dislikable for some; it is quite difficult to play at times. Whether or not I feel that it should be removed I’m not sure, but I do see where you’re coming from regarding the issues.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  8. I'm a little mixed on this. Yes, I'm a part of the minority that really enjoys MineKart (it doesn't really lag for me) although it can be super annoying when karts glitch outside of the map. If it truly causes issues for a ton of people, then yes I agree that it should be removed or at least fixed. I understand that it's one of the least popular games in the rotation; there's talk of removing Zombie Survival due to unpopularity so maybe MineKart will meet the same fate. As I said though, I'm not really sure which side to take since I do like the game, but I understand it gives a ton of people issues.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  9. hey.
    thanks for all of the responses on this, and i guess i was a bit harsh with it.
    thank you for all the new perspectives and i guess it’s not that bad but i still dislike it.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 31, 2020
  10. I personally love mine kart and I’m sad that you are not able to play it. I find it challenging and needs a lot of non pvp skill to beat. Its also one of the nano games that I am best at, which probably boosts my opinion of the game. I just find that it is a nice change from most of the other games in nano.
    I also loooove drifting. ;p

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  11. I know a lot of people dislike this game but I think it has a lot of potential. If all of the bugs and other issues with the game got sorted out, I think this game would be very popular because who doesn’t love Mario kart? I know there are a few problems currently with the game, but I hope to see those fixed and the game not be removed.

Posted Jul 31, 2020
  12. yeah minekart is bad remove pls

Posted Aug 6, 2020
  13. the minekart song is a banger but i agree it should be removed.

Posted Aug 6, 2020
  14. good song, but yea I mean I barely get lag on MP and I even still struggle to play MineKart then... It's uh, a good game but at the end of the day far too laggy in general to become a smoothly operating game

unless the devs fix the amount of RAM/TPS that MineKart uses, which as for code optimisation probably isn't all that easy

on the whole, good game, just not optimised the best

Posted Aug 6, 2020
  15. I think if the lag can't be fixed then removing the game would probably be the best solution. Unfortunately it just seems like a laggy game imo because of the cosmetics. If it can be improved, which hopefully it can, then I'm all for keeping it - it's a fun game to play when you're not lagging.

Posted Aug 6, 2020