• 90 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1770 Players Online
  • 1680 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Minecraft Traps are Overrated. Change my mind.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Therealmcfry, Jan 19, 2022.

1. So basically I try to trap some peeps (on hive, too many hackers on Mineplex). It’s not the easiest to find nor the hardest to find. You can’t craft or use red stone so basically it’s left alone.

*Red stone traps are great, not the PvP quick ones.*

2 people died from my traps out of like 60 attempts (attempts=games, therefore there could be more).. I think it’s better off to PVP instead of traps. Minecraft players are getting smarter. That’s just it.

Thoughts?

Posted Jan 19, 2022
  2. I was spectating a mega walls game on Hypixel and there was a super elaborate trap set up for the team (which was just a pressure plate along with a lot of TNT). However, the team heard the TNT noises and ran away.
    Don't use traps, they're just too obvious and niche.

Posted Jan 19, 2022
  3. Pros use them but only for high tech games that use red stone like UHC. Agreed.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 19, 2022
  4. Not all of them. There is at least one goofy player in a lobby. It might be easy to get the players in traps if the traps aren't so obvious lol

Posted Jan 19, 2022
  5. I see that you are Bedrock, however on the Java game Bridges one of the best traps in the past was making a massive staircase up to your base and then leaving a hole on the last step and just sitting there watching other teams rush up the staircase to you just to see them fall all the way down to their death. I feel like traps without Redstone are harder to make and even harder to make without players noticing it's a trap which is kinda unfortunate in terms of using them in mini games.

Posted Jan 20, 2022
    ItsMeTanish and N0TVexx like this.