• 2705 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10536 Players Online
  • 7831 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Minecraft Earth Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jadguar, May 20, 2019.

?

Are you signed up for the Minecraft Earth Beta?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    56.5%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
  1. Hello everyone! I hope you are having a fantastic day. :)

If you were unaware, Mojang just announced a Pokémon Go style, Augmented Reality game for Minecraft! If you are just now hearing about this, I’d recommend you watch the trailer here or read about it on minecraft.net here. (You can also sign up for the beta on the website).

Anyways, I’m personally really excited for the game as it will be another great excuse to get out of the house. I think it will also be really cool to see what the community comes up with build-wise. I’m also super interested in the survival aspects of the game, as it will have a hunger system similar that to in-game. The more hunger you have, the further you can reach to collect resources. The trailer also shows an inventory with a sword and bow, so I’m assuming you’ll be able to slay mobs and gather food from passive animals.

Anyways, I’m super pumped to be a part of the beta this summer so we can get a glimpse at the next Minecraft game! Please share your thoughts in a response! :)

Posted May 20, 2019
    xOeuf, Jaxxy, soulhardy and 2 others like this.
  2. Im rather more excited for Minecraft: Dungeons then Minecraft Earth but i still like the concept of it. It looks interesting and it would be good way for new players to get into minecraft for the first time (Since it will be free to download). Im pretty sure that my device doesn’t support AR core so i won’t be able to try it out once it comes.
    But i still will be looking forward the future of the game.

Posted May 20, 2019
    Jadguar likes this.
  3. I'm so hyped for this game. My current phone won't support it as it runs Android 6 but I still signed up because I'll probably have a new phone by the time this game comes out. My phone also doesn't have a gyroscope, but the requirements only seemed to be the version of your phone and nothing about a gyroscope. I'm excited about this because with more people playing Minecraft, more players will start to join Mineplex. As of now, the Earth skin you get from being a beta tester doesn't work, but hopefully, it'll be fixed soon.

Posted May 20, 2019
    Jadguar likes this.
  4. Apparently I don't have Bedrock edition so I can't sign up xD.
    Probably gonna get it, seems like a cool idea!

Posted May 20, 2019
    Jadguar likes this.
  5. I am excited about this new game. It looks really cool. But I really do miss the Minecon gathering they used to have. I don't like the Livestream format for an actual gathering where you can meet in real life.

Posted May 20, 2019
    Jadguar and PapiKirito like this.
  6. I’m extremely excited for this new game to come to the platform. I saw the trailer, along with a few other posts and leaks about the release of it. I’m truly ecstatic to see that Minecraft is trying to develop their platforms from the normal PC game it once was. I remember the release of the mobile game was huge and a lot of ripple were excited for it to happen.

I don’t feel like this is anything different. I feel like this will bring a lot more attention to the game and the company in general. Especially considering the concept of a game where it’s an entire world for you to explore or create. The fact that it is in a virtual reality type of setting is intriguing. I absolutely cannot wait to try it out once it becomes available.

Posted May 20, 2019
    Jadguar likes this.
  7. so this is what they have been doing instead of fixing 1.9 pvp

Posted May 20, 2019
    spacexplorer_, ohrangee567 and xOeuf like this.
  8. I only now just heard of this. I sort of understand the appeal and it looks cool. All I really know is that I'll probably get beat up if anyone catches me playing this. I don't think I'll sign up now, but I'll at least consider.

oh yeah xd

Posted May 20, 2019
  9. I would have to agree, Minecraft: Dungeons also looks so cool! I’m not that into MMO/RPG games, which is what the game is looking to turn into, however, I will most likely still give the game a full playthrough. You never know, this could be the game that gets me into the genre. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, about your AR code issue, that would definitely be something I would google about your phone as it would be unfortunate if you were unable to try the game!

--- Post updated ---
    I couldn’t agree more, happilycam! I too, am drawn by the game by the sole fact that there is an entire world to explore, which I find so intriguing! I think the virtual reality aspect will help bring the survival features of Minecraft to the real world!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 20, 2019
  10. I'm skeptical but interested in it. Kind of nervous first of all because it's geared for Bedrock users, further allowing Microsoft to kill off the Java playerbase. Secondly, as we know from any big company, looks can be deceiving. They use fancy edits and cinematic photography to make it look glamorous, but from all we know it could end up being a buggy, choppy mess. From what we've seen with the introduction of Bedrock itself still being laggy and slow from cross play issues and just a lack of preparedness on Microsoft's part, we might see the exact same thing but worse on this app. Since Bedrock can barely even connect on 5 bars of 4GLTE without lagging, it would be almost impossible to play Minecraft Earth in a "Pokemon Go" setting. It would force most people to play in their houses with internet just to get connection and play normally. It opens lots of new venues, but my experience with Microsoft has taught me to be very speculative of their ambitions that sometimes fail to live up to the expectations. You have to consider all of these factors when starting the game rather than immediately jumping the hype train @Jadguar
    --- Post updated ---
    It might just be nostolgia for a few months then it dies off and returns to normal

Posted May 20, 2019
    Jadguar and PapiKirito like this.
  11. I'm honestly kind of excited for this game. I'm all for augmented reality games, and I do love Minecraft, so I think this would be a fun game to try. However, I'm expecting that this will be sort of like Pokemon GO - it'll sweep the nation for a few months, then die off in popularity. I'm sort of interested to see how things will turn out, however. I've always wanted to have some sort of virtual reality Minecraft game, and when I was little I would play with my cousins, pretending to be in a world of Minecraft. I'm interested to see how this will play out.

Posted May 20, 2019
    Jadguar and Jaxxy like this.
  12. Hey all!

I agree with @xUmbreon that Minecraft earth is going to be a lot like Pokemon Go, very popular in the beginning, but will quickly lose popularity.. While I think it's a really cool and innovative idea, I don't think many "gamers" are motivated to go outside of their homes, let a lone go on a walk.

Posted May 20, 2019
    Jadguar likes this.
  13. I recently watched a trailer, Minecraft: Earth and it looks spectacular! It looks like I am in virtual reality and how do I interact with the other mobs. I remember that Pokemon GO was really popular three years ago so the popularity may become similar when the new game releases. The AR features look more appealing to me because I love to try out the AR features.

Definitely want to try out the new Minecraft game on my phone soon! I cannot wait for it!

Posted May 21, 2019
    Jadguar likes this.
  14. I think the game looks amazing! However, I am a little skeptical of it. It looks like something that could get boring kind of easily, and I'm a little worried it's more of a gimmick than anything. If it's anything like Pokemon GO, then it should be really good. Fingers crossed! :)

Posted May 21, 2019
    Jadguar likes this.
  15. Minecraft Earth!

I usually don't get excited for things like this, but I am actually intrigued by Minecraft Earth! I feel like this type of release is just what Minecraft needs in order to bring more attention and hype to it's newest development, but also put Minecraft itself into the forefront of the public eye! I'm hoping it will create a huge phenomenon, similarly to Pokemon Go when it was released! This app also seems contrasting to Pokemon Go as it possesses other aspects and features such as the inventory, hunger bar, health etc. that are available in the first launch of the game! Pokemon Go had a huge fanbase when it primarily released, but then completely died down in the US once it was rarely being updated or getting advanced features and components. Overall, it seems like it's gonna be a very interactive, Minecraft on the go, virtual reality jumble, and I am genuinely interested in trying it out!

Posted May 23, 2019
  16. What tells you that Minecraft Earth won't die down as well?

Posted May 24, 2019
  17. It's not something that we haven't seen before, but I'm willing to give it a try. Minecraft Earth will be probably be quite popular due to the large following of Minecraft, but It definitely won't be a long term thing. Pokemon Go was great, but then just got really boring for me. Games such a this don't have a good reputation due to a lot of accidents that occur, and the media could really go down hard on this game. Nevertheless, I'm really interested in how this turns out!

Posted May 25, 2019
    Vocaloiid likes this.