• 1236 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1236 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Minecraft Among US

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by considerations, Oct 17, 2020.

1. I've seen it suggested a lot but haven't seen any devs answer whether or not they'd be interested in doing mc among us. So can anyone give a straight answer? I think it'd be really fun and bring a lot of new players to mineplex.

Posted Oct 17, 2020
    rejudge, Carlo0023, Anna ♡ and 3 others like this.
  2. True

Posted Oct 17, 2020
    Carlo0023 and StyxKiller03 like this.
  3. Hey,

I'm gonna have to disagree with this. Among Us seems like one of the trendy games that will just go away soon. I could be wrong but I we'll see. I would rather see our own version of Murder Mystery or Trouble in Minvielle instead of an Among Us parody. If you want to play Among Us, it's free for mobile and $5 on Steam. I don't see a point in re-creating it in our server when we could do something else that would be better in my opinion.

Posted Oct 17, 2020
  4. Maybe they could make a temporary event game like they did for Area 51

Posted Oct 17, 2020
  5. It would take too much time to completely build, design, and code a new game. As ezlee6 said, the Among Us hype is mostly temporary, and already on a steady decline according to google trends. As ezlee6 said again, a murder mystery style game I feel would be a fantastic idea, and a fantastic addition to Mineplex.

Posted Oct 17, 2020
  6. Alright, I guess it is a temporary hype. I agree upon the addition murder mystery game as well

Posted Oct 17, 2020
    LJwX likes this.
  7. Heya!

The idea seems very interesting! In some ways I agree that this would be very fun. However I’m not sure if it would be worth making a parody of the game into Mineplex. As stated above it may just be more worth it to make their own game. So I could go either way with this honestly.

Posted Oct 18, 2020
  8. Leeching of the success of among us would be a smarter business strategy than creating an entire new game. (its not like minplex hasn't parodied other games before) As it would bring new players to the server who are interested in minecraft and among us. It would be absolutely idiotic to create a new concept, no one outside of the mineplex community would care. I mean if you want to keep modding on a dead server then go at it homie.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 18, 2020
  9. Alright, Im going to have to disagree with you here Ezlee. Certainly a lot of trendy games die off, and im not a fan of most of the "hype" games but Among Us seems different for me personally. Maybe its just cause im a sucker/biased for Town of Salem, TITT/Mineville but Among us is genuinely one of the "hype" games recently that actually has playing semi-regularly. Will it die soon? Itll probably head down in popularity, I see a lot of Youtubers/people seem kinda disinterested in it(burnout) and kinda only doing it for the views, popularity since the game is trending and I wouldnt be surprised if it did indeed have no more mainstream content for it. However, I doubt the game will actually die die and some players will continue to enjoy the game, just as they did before any of the "popularity boom" happened. Moving back to the topic, I agree Mineplex should have some kind of "Murder Mystery" gamemode, just not a blatant ripoff of Among us. Will it ever happen? Probably not for a good while, unless the idea was already in development.

Posted Oct 18, 2020
    Snvy, Anna ♡ and Disgruntle like this.
  10. Hey, I've suggested this idea before too, and have seen many others do so as well. It'd be a cool addition to MP and attract a lot of players hopefully - even if Among Us dies (which it may not completely) - players would probably find an MP version of Among Us a fun game to play. I think it's important to keep up to date with modern trends to keep players satisfied so I'd love to see this game added. It would be better if the game was adapted a bit though so it's seen as more of a permanent game mode than just one that would die when Among Us dies. Thanks for the idea and good luck getting it implemented!

Posted Oct 18, 2020
  11. Hi there,

I would definitely enjoy a Mineplex version of among us. It's very possible for adaptations to become very successful, take One in the Quiver for example, it was a very popular game for years and probably was in my top 3 favourite games for a while. I don't agree with what previous players have said above about Among Us probably not lasting in popularity for long. I don't like Fortnite but I remember saying back in 2018 that it won't last and it's still going strong today. Even with Minecraft people were saying a few years ago that it's not longer popular while player count declined but it came back and came back strong.

Having said all this, I'm not a developer but it would be quite a complex game that would probably take a while to develop and figure out the best method of implementation. That said, I would be quite happy to wait for it. I'm definitely in favour of this idea, I was even thinking about it yesterday.

-MC Minium

Posted Oct 18, 2020
  12. Yo!

I'm gonna have to disagree. Among us is it's own game. I still have no idea why people are making "Among us in Minecraft! Oh goodie goodie yay yay" videos and stuff. Among us is free so why don't you just play the game, you know?

~Orangey

Posted Oct 18, 2020
  13. I honestly think creating this wouldn't do anything to our player count but separate them in the server more than what it is right now. Look at the ratio in players right now across all gamemodes because of Halloween Havoc at the moment. It's the only gamemode that's feasting. If you look to the right of the lobby where MineStrike, SSM, UHC, Champions, Bridges, and Clans are, none of those gamemodes even get 50+ players right now. As a business we don't have to rely off another games success. Sure, an idea like we did with Area 51 wouldn't be so bad, but to create a new game in the server just because of a game is so trendy right now wouldn't be the right move for the long run which is why I suggested something similar to Murder Mystery or Trouble in Mineville. Again, if people want to play Among Us they'll play the game itself for free or for $5. Why go on a Minecraft server and play it?

Posted Oct 18, 2020
  14. Hello ^-^

This idea of adapting Among Us got in the mind of many many players, and it can be understandable why they would see an adaptation on Mineplex : to see a good concept with a good flavor. Does it work still ? Regarding to reactions, it's cautious to say that opinions may vary. Moreover, thinking about it got the attention about another minigame pretty similar in Minecraft : Murder Mystery. So you have to consider the main point of this : what would be the best compromise between Minecraft, Mineplex spirit, Murder Mystery, and Among Us ?

The thing is, Mineplex doesn't like to take games like abruptly, they like to make original games, and that's understandable why. And to do this, it's important to not rush an idea, but more thinking about how to make something unic, and that will mark players with a new concept that bring even more fun. Devs are still focusing on current bugs and fixes before making new games, but be sure this idea is something currently on the grill :)

Posted Oct 18, 2020
    iOrangey likes this.
  15. Ok, so I'm leaning to agreement because of one reason- Among Us is somewhat similar to existing games in Minecraft, like Murder Mystery, in terms of the overall goal, Among us being set in space and having more game functions, and of course 'vote offs'. It's no secret that game does well on servers and has done well even before Among Us existed. Obviously, there's more to it when you play Among Us, but the general premise remains the same. I don't see why this couldn't be implemented where players player murder but modified to replicate certain features of Among us like tasks and sabotages. I don't know how well venting would work in-game and sabotages may be complicated.

An idea is that Impostors have one vent, and that vent is more like a door to a control room. In this room, there are options to shut doors, turn off lights and similar. Only an Impostor can access the room and has to be careful about entering and leaving.

As for meetings and vote offs, I feel a bit iffy here. Purely because if you want to be a bit more like a Murder-Among Us you can't talk mid rounds (which people will break anyway, it happens in the Among Us game via calls, etc.), and some people are left more in the dark. Vote-offs may be started by a detective instead of shooting the murder/impostor.

Tasks are a great filler time rather than waiting around to be killed. Original Murder honestly should've had it anyway, it makes the game feel more accomplishing if you're not a murder or detective.

On the other hand, I can see how the game itself is something subject to dying out once the fad passes. But, murder is a high demand game and has been for ages with some demand on Mineplex for it. If it can be done similar to Among Us playstyle while maintaining the Murder Mystery core, I honestly don't see why this can't work.

I know it'd probably take ages to even implement and honestly it's risky so I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it. But I do think this is something that can succeed even after Among Us (the game itself) dies and can pass on as Murder Mystery with some sort of twists. Anytime you bring in a new game it's risky, and it has to be done right. You could either bring new people in, split the community up more leaving some games emptier and sometimes unplayable, and other times it can flop. But I do think this could potentially be a nice addition.

Posted Oct 25, 2020
    Anna ♡ likes this.
  16. I would love to play a minecraft version of Among Us, and in theory it seems like a great idea to implement for the server, I believe it could go very wrong.

The main reason is that a minecraft version of this game is very susceptible to players using render-based cheats such as X-Ray and PlayerESP which could be used to determine the impostor(s) in under thirty seconds. "I saw red vent with my x-ray everyone vote him out!!", It just wouldn't be a great experience for most players considering the word of one player means the difference between a win and a loss.

This and the fact that Among Us is a very fad-type game that will most likely die out within a certain period of time and would take a very long time to develop as many other users have stated above.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted Oct 27, 2020
  17. I agree with the idea that this could be a cool event game, but wouldn't work as a permanent game. Sadly, though I can't say for certain due to among us being extremely popular at the moment, it is likely a fad, and will loose most of its relevance within a few years. As an event game I believe this could work. However as stated numerous times above, this would take a lot of dev time, for a game that would likely only be out for a few weeks. Cubecraft has supposedly made a Among Us type game, so I guess we can see how it goes for them as a model of how it might go for us here at Mineplex. Overall I don't think this is an inherently bad idea if some changes were made, but because of the dev time used for this that could be put to use on other game I'm gonna have to give this a -1

Posted Oct 27, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  18. I’ve seen this suggestion a lot. Don’t know what’s so great about this game, as I haven’t played it myself, but what I’ve picked up on is that it’s basically just murder mystery but In space. Could someone please at least explain why it’s so great and maybe LITERALLY EVERYONE STOP SUGGESTING THIS iTs DriVinG mE CraZY!!!!

Posted Oct 27, 2020
  19. I think i just needed to let that out. I’m better now... I think...

Posted Oct 27, 2020
  20. I personally wouldn't mind seeing an Among Us game on Mineplex. However, I am not sure how well this will work on the server and if the hype for the game will last. I would probably rather see a private or beta test of this game before they make a full-fledged game in case this doesn't pan out. The general concept of this game does seem like it would fit Mineplex's "arcade" vibe so this may bring in new or returning players which would be great for the server. A problem with this game is it might be repetitive but if they can find a way for it to be refreshing and new every match I think this would be a success.

- Lucas

Posted Oct 27, 2020