• 1669 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5827 Players Online
  • 4158 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Microphone Budgets

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Thexs, Jul 10, 2019.

1. When it comes to microphones I personally own a Blue Snowball as I feel it is the best microphone for a cheap budget, but many people think otherwise and go with a variety of different options. What is your personal opinion on the best mic to buy on a budget and why?

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  2. I personally use my phone mic built into my phone as it is the easiest thing to do for my setup, I had a blackweb mic for 2 years before it stopped working which is a 40 dollar headset

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  3. Personally I use the microphone that came with my headphones ( beats solo3 ) and have not had any complaints although it is not what most people would call a traditional microphone.

There is also one built into my laptop but I rarely use that.

~ Zom

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  4. Well I hate my voice, so I rarely talk on games, so I don't even own a mic xD

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  5. I use an Audio Technica 2030 with an audio interface, costs around $300 for everything in total. There is a USB version that you can buy for around $150 but I am seriously thinking about swapping to the Razer Seiren Pro as it is great for mobility and sound just as good as my $300 mic for less than $200.

If you're on a budget, the Blue Yeti is probably the best you can get. The snowball is one model below the Yeti. I used to have Yeti and got it for around $100 from Amazon on christmas sale.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    skarm | SkarmMines likes this.
  6. Right now, I just use the mic built in my phone which I gotta say is pretty good. But for my birthday I'm planning to get the blue snowball ice which had a good price drop from $60 to 30 might also get a new keyboard. Blue Snowball is a really good mic though and I recommend it if your on a budget.

Posted Jul 10, 2019
  7. I'm poor so I don't have one :(

Posted Jul 10, 2019
    PointBreak_ likes this.
  8. I got a budget friendly microphone from Amazon for about $25.00 (USD) it came with the mic itself, boom arm, popfilter, and more. Also, the mic is very decent for the price and all of the accessories. The company name is Newer in case any of you are interested.

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 7:24 PM
  9. I currently use the microphone built into my HyperX Cloud headset, which I can't recommend enough. For the price, you're not only getting a very high quality headset, but you're also getting a microphone that works great.

For someone who wants a high quality external mic, I would recommend the Audio-Technica AT2020, which like @natesbait mentioned, comes in two version: a regular version that requires an audio interface to use, and a cheaper version that plugs right into your computer with USB. I own one of these as well, and quality of the sound and build of the product is excellent.

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 7:48 PM
  10. What is a 2030 do you mean 2035?

The Shure sm7b is pretty good. Great audio and looks clean

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 8:30 PM
  11. I use an ASUS Cerberus headset, and I have it for 4 years. The quality of the sound is amazing, and I use it occasionally. It's good that I can use this headset to communicate with my friends, playing games, watching videos, and much more. I have multiple ASUS Cerberus headset, and I keep it inside the box.

I also have a Plantronics GameCom 780 headset too. It's an excellent quality for the gamers to use it. You can simply connect the headset through the computer using a USB cable.

Posted Jul 11, 2019 at 11:58 PM
  12. Right now I'm using the Blue Yeti. Got it for around $150 a few years ago and still works great. Easy to set up and get working.

Posted Jul 12, 2019 at 12:09 AM
  13. I would personally go with a headset since you get headphones and a microphone. I use a SADES SA902 which is a USB headset. To be honest, I would recommend getting another headset since the one I use has a little button pad that controls the volume on it which always accidentally gets pressed.

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 6:53 AM
  14. Personally I do not have a mic I prefer. Currently I use a Rode NT USB and I feel it is perfect for me because it’s small and works pretty well. At the moment I am going to stick to this mic but if I ever decide to switch it’ll be the Blue Snowball.

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 7:18 AM
  15. I also own a blue snowball, very good quality for the price and there are options to alter the sensitivity of it without changing discord settings etc. It is around £45. There are various models of the blue snowball - I would love to hear more about other peoples mics and their opinions on them!

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 7:31 AM
  16. I use BM-800 very cheap microphone for 18$.

The thing I hate about it is that unless you want a lower quality voice for the other side, you gotta buy Phantom Power. And those are really expensive.

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 9:35 AM
  17. A budget can have any range because that is someone's specific price range, someone can spend hundreds and some people can only spend $30. It looks like you were meaning cheap so personally, I'm a fan of all the Blue Microphones they all are high quality and great for their prices. If you're looking for something like a headset the Logitech G430 is my go to. It's very high quality and only $40 and they're quite durable.

Best Regards,
    Kellen

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 10:20 AM
  18. I would like to thank you all for commenting! And if you are so willing to please show others this post if they plan on buying a microphone that is quality on a budget, I guarantee they would be very happy if you did so.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 10:41 AM
  19. No problem and if I find anyone who is I definitely will!

Best Regards,
    Kellen

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 10:46 AM
    Thexs likes this.
  20. Personally, I use a blue yeti I purchased for about £100.

Posted Jul 13, 2019 at 10:51 AM