• 283 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2367 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Micro Battles Corruption

Discussion in 'Micro Battle' started by little_dude_9000, Oct 28, 2019.

1. I'm a little confused as to why micro battles was updated a while back when they added corruption. I don't see how it is any better than the falling blocks/void that was in the game before. The corruption doesn't even force people to fight in the end because they just collect blocks and run until the other team dies. The only reason I could think of for why it was turned into corruption was to prevent f2 spam. But it doesn't really solve that either because I see people all the time who dig into the void and then freeze their game so they can't be killed. I think that the falling blocks thing should be added back to the game because it's a lot less annoying when it's late game.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
  2. Hello,

The falling blocks caused a lot of lag for players, especially the ones with lower-end computers. Because of this, we changed it to corruption to allow for more people to continue playing the game. I really am not a fan of changing it back because even I experienced major lag from it at some points. You bring up the issue of f2 spamming, but that really is not changed on either corruption or the falling blocks, so I really do not see that being a factor into the decision between the two different systems.

Posted Oct 28, 2019
    landay, Dulciloquy and Animalll like this.
  3. I actually don't mind the corruption itself, but that update made map decay way too fast. Worker isn't really viable anymore because with the decay so fast they pretty much got rid of every strategy except melee moshpit.

Posted Oct 29, 2019
    _NoHaxJustCats_ likes this.
  4. Hey!

As mentioned above, most players of the Mineplex playerbase could honestly care less about the corruption itself. The map decay update on the other hand can upset some of the player base based on the fact that it's way to fast. Also, they pretty much got rid of most of the strategies as stated by @SpitefulNick

Have a good day!

Posted Oct 29, 2019
  5. Hey!

I don't mind the corrupt as multiple users have stated above me. The corruption adds a more fast pace feeling to the game forcing the players to fight to prevent dieing from corruption. Corruption is like the border closing in on Survival Games. Another perk with having corruption it can sometimes kill off cheaters.

Posted Oct 29, 2019
  6. I'd like to disagree but if you have any evidence that the majority of the micro battles community prefers corruption I would love to see it. As you said, they got rid of most strategies. So I find it hard to believe that people prefer corruption over the previous falling block/void part of the game. Using the same method to win over and over again isn't fun in my eyes.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 29, 2019
  7. Honestly, I do kind of miss the falling blocks because you are able to hit players off the edge to kill them when the game progresses. Instead, now they if you hit players into corruption they can simply walk away from corrupted blocks and continue fighting. However, I am in no way agreeing to bring it back due to the issues it has caused. I think it is for the better that we now have corruption as jxcb has explained. I miss falling blocks, but I would rather see the game being improved!

Posted Oct 30, 2019
  8. Hey!
    Although I agree that the falling blocks were an interesting concept and perhaps even better than the current system of corruption, I don't feel that it should come back. Both systems have similar issues such as F2 spamming, however my main issue with falling blocks was the lag that many players would experience. This would make the game difficult and sometimes unplayable for some players on the network. Overall, although I liked the old system of falling blocks, I feel that corruption helps more players who would have experience intense lag; -1 from me.

Posted Nov 2, 2019
  9. Ah, I remember the falling blocks. Good times. I do like them better than the Corruption, but I don't mind it to be honest.

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    NeverLie and _NoHaxJustCats_ like this.
  10. I feel like some of the reasons it changed to corruption were kind of obvious, even though I hate it. Quite a lot of maps had certain blocks that didn’t fall.
    Anyways, I agree with you, since they could have just fixed the floating blocks anyway

Posted Nov 4, 2019
    Fallen and little_dude_9000 like this.
  11. This topic sucks. And it's not you, or your stance, it's just the situation. Falling blocks had to go. Minecraft & Mineplex players tend to have computers not exactly suitable for highly CPU-intense games. Falling blocks caused lag, so they had to go. But the implementation of corruption is not without flaw. I don't enjoy it personally. I find netherrack ugly, and I find what you said happens exactly happens. People just run around and die, instead of promoting proper fights. I feel there must have been a way to better address the issue, however returning lag-causing falling blocks is sadly not the solution.

Best Regards,
    - Fallen

Posted Nov 10, 2019