• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Merge The Two Servers

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by DayOfTheDead, Apr 14, 2019 at 1:14 PM.

?

Do you support this?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. DayOfTheDead

DayOfTheDead

Hi!
    I'm here to suggest something that could help to unite Mineplex and give a better experience for everyone and possibly attract more players and help keep the current ones.
    As I'm sure you all know, Mineplex has two servers: US, and EU. What you might not all know, is that the US server has significantly more players than the EU server. Mineplex EU barely has any players at any given time, and most games there can barely start no matter what the time is. On the US server, however, there are much more players and although at times certain games are 'dead', at other times they are active.
    The problem is that people from Europe may leave the server due to the lack of players. I, personally, live in England(which is in Europe) and left Mineplex some time go due to the lack of players. Recently(around Christmas) I had the idea to play on US and I've gotten back into Mineplex and I've had a lot of fun. If the two servers were merged, I think it could add some advantages:

This merged server would have more players than the US server and the EU server as it would include all the active players on Mineplex.
    Less people would leave due to lack of players
    More people could join because there are more players

I'm aware of the fact that this was done before and then undone due to complaints, but I already know of many people(including myself) that are from Europe and play on the US server and don't have much problem with lag. I use LabyMod, which gives you the ability to check people's ping in tab. I've been looking at it and I haven't really seen anybody that's had exceptionally bad ping where it was regular and not a one-time thing.
    Anyways, I'd like you all to vote and tell me why it would or wouldn't work.
    Thanks for reading!

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 1:14 PM
    Ocelotguyy and HeyItsTay_ like this.
  2. HeyItsTay_

HeyItsTay_

Hiya!

This seems like a great idea! The points you are making are great and I personally believe it'd be better if the two servers merged because there would be more players on the games we all love however, Mineplex has these two servers for a reason which shouldn't be messed with in my opinon. I suggest you look more into why they have two servers because they obvioulsy did it for a specific reason.

-Tay

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 1:36 PM
  3. TeaSpiller

TeaSpiller

Heyo!
    Honestly I'm -1 on this idea. For the most part everyone already plays on the US platform and the EU network is more used to test bigger updates n stuff like that (for example the new lobby, butch updates, that stuff was all put on EU for about a week before it hit US). Hosting the EU network doesn't cost Mineplex any extra money as it's in their server bundle so by removing it or 'merging' it wouldn't really do anything positive. As you stated yourself we did try and merge them together and the community did not like this at all so it was undone and I can see this being an issue again. I look forward to seeing how others' feel about this idea.

~Cheers

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 1:39 PM
    Jadguar, Idut and HeyItsTay_ like this.
  4. Ocelotguyy

Ocelotguyy

Hey, I personally like the idea of a server merge as there are still a few players who play on the EU version of Mineplex and would have a far better time on the US version, plainly due to the lack of games starting on EU. As for testing bigger updates, there could just be another server especially for that and the EU version won't have to be used. I'm from England and even though my ping is better on EU, I still experience very little lag on the US version of the server. Overall I think a server merge isn't a bad idea.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 1:44 PM
    HeyItsTay_ likes this.
  5. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Hmm, I do not think it is a great idea to merge the US/EU server together. Like what Tea has mentioned that the EU server uses to test for the bigger updates, such as new lobby, and so on. To me, the EU server is known as the public alpha or beta test server. There is no point of having it to merged together, and I would prefer to keep both of the Mineplex servers (US and EU). I know that the majority of the players prefer to play on the US server rather than the EU server.

I will have to give it a -1 to this idea. Other than that, that is a great suggestion what you have! :)

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 2:12 PM
  6. Zipppo

Zipppo

With all update stuff aside, it shouldn't be removed. Most players on the EU server know about the US server, and decide to stay on EU for one reason or another. Forcing players to use a certain server is more likely to make them want to quit all together rather then just accept it and become active. Even though the player count is much less, there are still small active communities which you can really get to know if you play there long enough and take the time to get to know. There was a lot of backlash before, it's not want to community wants. In my opinion there's no valid reason for it to be removed.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 2:37 PM
    Sven and pzazz like this.
  7. Eclipciz

Eclipciz

Yep,

Though, I do support completely shutting down the EU one, because there is very little point (in my opinion) for EU players to not even to play a game. This is only situational, though.

However, at the same time I don't, only because there are communities still there that want to be in the EU server.

Unless the EU server goes below a threshold that in not supportable, I say keep it.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 3:30 PM
  8. Evgeen

Evgeen

Hello!

If you don't remember Mineplex already tried (on February 2017) to merge to servers into one server (US). This attempt was very unsuccessful and I believe it's better to don't try to do it again.

If we will merge 2 servers into one big Mineplex it can be cool. A while ago (on Enjin forums) someone created an idea of how we can merge 2 servers that everyone is happy. His main idea was to have lobby servers hosted on US but games server hosted on EU/US. He suggested that you can select where you from and you can connect to the server from that region.
    I believe it will work really good with Butch as it will prioritize EU servers while game is searching (if EU region is selected). I most likely will create a separate thread which explains everything about that in details.
    If this will implement EU server will be only in games and players will able to choose where they want to play. Communities/Friends/Msgs will be global does not matter if you are on EU or US games server. I know it's possible to do.

Just removing EU server is extremely bad and players who are playing EU server will be unhappy to play with lags, so it should not be done in my opition. It can be good to have only merged Lobbies servers and have games servers on EU/US.

+0.5 to your idea.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 4:02 PM
    ohrangee567, cerns and HeyItsTay_ like this.
  9. natesbait

natesbait

To be fair to this idea, I think its about time we give this another shot and see how things play out for the EU playerbase.

If you connect to the EU server and scout the lobbies, you will notice there is pretty much less than 150 people on at most times of the day. This is barely enough to be considered a competitor to Mineplex, if it were another server. The majority of these players are just sat AFK in the hub or in NANO.

The EU server itself is extremely neglected when it comes to moderation, as pretty much every staff member plays on the US side. There will be people who join Mineplex for the first time on the EU server, but they will be put up against hackers or just toxic players whose behavior isn't being looked at and isn't being punished so they will leave and play elsewhere.

To me, the argument of keeping the EU server to test "big updates" is a poor one. I feel that if updates aren't ready to be pushed then they shouldn't be pushed, period. The developers have a test server and that is where updates should be put out for testing. Before the release of 1.13, another mini-game server opened up their test server to all players so they could; test for bugs and look out for glitches in general before making the update live, in my opinion there is no reason that Mineplex couldn't do this themselves. It would bring all players together and still give a place for testing.

If possible, the queue system actually proposes quite a fair way to give all players the best ping possible when on the same server. Make note of where the players are located, and whichever region hosts the majority of players have the server be located there. Before anyone says- yes it is possible to have the servers boot-up on command in seconds a lot of other mini-game servers do this, whereas I think Mineplex do it manually as they are needed but again this could be changed for most games fairly easily once created.

[​IMG]

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 6:18 PM,
    Last edited Apr 14, 2019 at 6:27 PM
    Evgeen likes this.
  10. Jaekub

Jaekub

As many have stated above, there wouldn't be any benefit in doing this, so why do it?

Also, like many others stated, the EU server is used to test things out without having major consequences if there's a mistake.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 10:37 PM
  11. Fall

Fall

We've done this before. It sucked. Let's not do it again.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 10:51 PM
    Jaekub likes this.
  12. Jaekub

Jaekub

Now that's the critical thinking we need
    --- Post updated ---
    I wish people would understand simple things like @Fall said. I saw a long time ago players wanting to unban all of the hackers, and it had already happened and kind of failed.

Posted Apr 14, 2019 at 10:55 PM
  13. Crazyy_Tim

Crazyy_Tim

I think this is an idea that should definitely be considered. My friend is from Sweden and he plays on the US server consistently because the 'EU server is dead.' It could close the gap between communities, and boost the player count overall.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 3:01 AM
  14. l5x

l5x

I think my consensus has been reiterated throughout the thread a lot. However, I think it's important to understand that some EU players don't have issues with ping on the US server, but "some" is not "all".
    It's not a good idea to merge servers, at the expense of some players. This just means losing players due to the lag that they have whilst playing on Mineplex. I'm not saying that some players do not already have lag, and still continue to play with it, but I'm saying this will be to more of a mass-degree, which will create a lot of controversy on the issue of mass-amounts of players experiencing lag. I believe controversy like this was previously created on Mineplex's last attempt to merge.

That's my two cents.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 4:57 AM